Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:53 PM

95 posts, read 76,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordtwo View Post
well you don't have to use it.. I have been here 20 years and never had to use it, but I know people who use it everyday and they have had no problems out of it. What city are you living in right now? and be honest..
Even if you wanted to use MARTA, chances are is that it wouldn't be much help. You would be better driving.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:54 PM

8,468 posts, read 14,908,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDN99 View Post
The only major university in those is GT, which I bolded. The others are no name schools.
Well, that's just your opinion. In reality there is:

Georgia Tech
Emory
Spelman
Morehouse

Each of those universities are at the top of their respective areas of focus nationally and internationally.

Then there is Georgia State and several smaller colleges that lead up to an highly concentrated higher education center in the City.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:55 PM

631 posts, read 1,222,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cordtwo View Post
well you don't have to use it.. I have been here 20 years and never had to use it, but I know people who use it everyday and they have had no problems out of it. What city are you living in right now? and be honest..

Whoever they are there probably from Billings Montana where there ideal of transportation is riding a pig to work lol !!!!

Old 12-26-2009, 11:55 PM

840 posts, read 2,077,112 times
Quote:
See how much those other schools are recognized on a resume outside of GA.
You might know anything about the schools here in ATL but the business community does. GA State has one of the highest ranked Policy, Insurance, and Business schools in the country. GA State law school is also ranked high in specific programs. Tech, Emory,Mercer, Morehouse, and Spellman are schools with great names and rankings. and thats not even all of them in the Metro area. Those are just the ones inside the Perimeter.

And people dont forget that MARTA is building the BRT on memorial Dr. in Stone Mountain from Kennsington to Stone Mountain and Mountain Industrial.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:57 PM

23,319 posts, read 43,781,735 times
Quote:
Even if you wanted to use MARTS, chances are is that it wouldn't be much help. You would be better driving.
The name is MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority), troll.
I'll bet you've never even ridden it.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Do you have a job or a degree oh sorry .. Dont you have .. oh sorry I forgot you work for Pet Smart. so you dont have to be at work till 5 pm..
Are you 17? Seriously..........

Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Compared to what? MARTA seems to me to be quite clean and reliable.
I really don't think you know what you're talking about. Care to offer specifics?
The specifics that I would like to offer is the facts.

The amount of stations in operation and the amount of riders per day.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:58 PM

631 posts, read 1,222,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Compared to what? MARTA seems to me to be quite clean and reliable.
I really don't think you know what you're talking about. Care to offer specifics?

There being a troll right now. I think they are upset that we are praising Atlanta... and they cant take that.. No one likes to see Atlanta sit in high standards thats ok because it makes me boost more about where I live....

Old 12-26-2009, 11:59 PM

316 posts, read 652,019 times
Quote:
See how far people with Morehouse on their resume gets them. I wouldnt hire anyone that went to school there.
ok just keep speaking your incredible knowledge, some of the people you are reading about in the history books are from Morehouse lol . here are some of them:

Martin Luther King Jr
Samuel L Jackson
Maynard Jackson

Old 12-27-2009, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post
You might know anything about the schools here in ATL but the business community does. GA State has one of the highest ranked Policy, Insurance, and Business schools in the country. GA State law school is also ranked high in specific programs. Tech, Emory,Mercer, Morehouse, and Spellman are schools with great names and rankings. and thats not even all of them in the Metro area. Those are just the ones inside the Perimeter.

And people dont forget that MARTA is building the BRT on memorial Dr. in Stone Mountain from Kennsington to Stone Mountain and Mountain Industrial.
Those schools are not well respected nationwide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City