Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 01:09 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,185,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Are you trying to say Dallas is not green lol!
Yep! Or at least not as green as central Texas lol!

Old 01-12-2010, 01:10 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Yep! Or at least not as green as central Texas lol!
Dallas is green in the spring and summer time ,but in the winter time everything is brown and dead!!

Old 01-12-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I was thinking the same thing lol

However; the southern parts of Dallas rival parts of Austin when it comes to hills.
Which is strange because it seems like most of the new people moving there are moving to the northern suburbs. I wonder why.

Although, I would say southern Dallas is as hilly as the eastern part of Austin but not the western. I've never seen any part of Dallas that comes close to Lake Travis or Marble Falls!

Old 01-12-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Dallas is green in the spring and summer time ,but in the winter time everything is brown and dead!!
This is true. I'm kind of used to Houston now so they both seem brown and yellow to me!

Old 01-12-2010, 01:16 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Which is strange because it seems like most of the new people moving there are moving to the northern suburbs. I wonder why.

Although, I would say southern Dallas is as hilly as the eastern part of Austin but not the western. I've never seen any part of Dallas that comes close to Lake Travis or Marble Falls!
The Southern suburbs aren't as desirable or developed as much as the northern suburbs. Also they have problems with crime.

The hills in Cedar Hill area in Southern Dallas is pretty similar to the hills around Lake Travis.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:28 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Let's beat this dead horse some more, shall we? You really cannot be this simple. I never said those were typical Atlanta neighborhoods. I was just merely demonstrating that there are neighborhoods relatively close to the city with these characteristics. Most people seem to understand this and understood I was not being representative of or trying to misrepresent all of Atlanta. If you still don't understand this, that is your problem not mine.

I am through with you. Next time you come at me, learn some reading comprehension and grammar skills. Until then, kick rocks and pi$$ off
I said!!!! that I respond to you because of the way people respond to your post as if they were typical, and I never said anything refering that you said, they were typical yourself! but you really should be telling that to the posters who came and started commenting like, Atlanta and Atlanta inner suburbs are full of big lots McMansions! intead of coming After me for noticing that! I also question why did you post McMansion like Neighborhood inside Atlanta's beltway vs middle class neighborhoods in Dallas beltway? they have something in common really? it's like me posting Dallas neighborhoods in the beltway that are full of big lot McMansions then compare them to neighborhoods in the Atlanta beltway that are middle class! While keeping your distance from the city center and your time develop rule then say Atlanta seem more urban!

Quote:
I am through with you. Next time you come at me, learn some reading comprehension and grammar skills. Until then, kick rocks and pi$$ off

First off I'm not coming at you and I'm never said anything rude or disrespectful towards you in anyway, I'm just repling to you.
2 Chill out, it's not that serious, do you got anger management issues or something? You need to learn how to better communicate with people and stop the personal attacks, i'm not even going to make a personal attacks back, is personal attack really that call for?
3. I clearly get what your saying. You believe that most of Atlanta houses are on larger plots of land than Dallas or Houston. You believe the farther-out suburbs sprawl out much more in Atlanta than in Dallas. Even though you know that, the Atlanta homes that are on large plots of land are just as untypical as the ones that are in Dallas and DFW and Metro Atlanta Density are equivalent.
your opinon is your opinion, we agree to disagree dawg

Old 01-12-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
I said!!!! that I respond to you because of the way people respond to your post as if they were typical, and I never said anything refering that you said, they were typical yourself! but you really should be telling that to the posters who came and started commenting like, Atlanta and Atlanta inner suburbs are full of big lots McMansions! intead of coming After me for noticing that! I also question why did you post McMansion like Neighborhood inside Atlanta's beltway vs middle class neighborhoods in Dallas beltway? they have something in common really? it's like me posting Dallas neighborhoods in the beltway that are full of big lot McMansions then compare them to neighborhoods in the Atlanta beltway that are middle class! While keeping your distance from the city center and your time develop rule then say Atlanta seem more urban!

First off I'm not coming at you and I'm never said anything rude or disrespectful towards you in anyway, I'm just repling to you.
2 Chill out, it's not that serious, do you got anger management issues or something? You need to learn how to better communicate with people and stop the personal attacks, i'm not even going to make a personal attacks back, is personal attack really that call for?
3. I clearly get what your saying. You believe that most of Atlanta houses are on larger plots of land than Dallas or Houston. You believe the farther-out suburbs sprawl out much more in Atlanta than in Dallas. Even though you know that, the Atlanta homes that are on large plots of land are just as untypical as the ones that are in Dallas and DFW and Metro Atlanta Density are equivalent.
your opinon is your opinion, we agree to disagree dawg

Wait; so the majority of Atlanta's suburban houses are on small lots like Dallas and Houston?? Is that what your saying??

Old 01-12-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
The Southern suburbs aren't as desirable or developed as much as the northern suburbs. Also they have problems with crime.

The hills in Cedar Hill area in Southern Dallas is pretty similar to the hills around Lake Travis.
haha! I was actually born in Dallas and lived in Cedar Hill till I was about 4.

I have hard time believing Cedar Park is just as hilly Lake Travis, Marble Falls, and other parts of western Austin. I would think it would look more like Dripping Springs.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
haha! I was actually born in Dallas and lived in Cedar Hill till I was about 4.

I have hard time believing Cedar Park is just as hilly Lake Travis, Marble Falls, and other parts of western Austin. I would think it would look more like Dripping Springs.
Who cares. Neither one has bigger hills than Houston.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Who cares. Neither one has bigger hills than Houston.
haha! more like mountains!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City