U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which Skyline best competes with Charlotte's
Milwaukee 2 4.44%
Austin 12 26.67%
Kansas City 6 13.33%
Louisville 3 6.67%
Cleveland 13 28.89%
Cincinnati 5 11.11%
Other, please specify in post 4 8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-22-2009, 03:38 PM
 
Location: San Diego
415 posts, read 1,059,117 times
Reputation: 135

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Well, in all fairness to our fellow Charlotte posters, this guy does not live there. Very, very few Charlotteans would make these type of claims.
Please this was sarcasm! No disrespect but no need to assume I didnt go on to explain why it was ect. etc, also you yall say in about 15-20 years it will be, im sorry but I know what I typed and if my memory serves me correct I said IN THE FUTURE!

 
Old 12-22-2009, 03:47 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,190 posts, read 11,855,627 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefansanity View Post
Yet I have been there many times you don't have to tell me whether or not I have been there. I just happen to really enjoy the city and am very happy for it. I wont lie I am bias but hell who aint? I have never "bashed" or "put down" another cities skyline or on any other level. I just like to compare when I have the idea; hences why nearly all of my threads have polls in them.

Plus with the "high-schooler" part, I can guarantee that you wont find any other "High-Schooler" now or in the past that is more passionate about architecture. I want you to tell me the truth I am not the only if not one of very few on C-D or any other architecture based website. you can find me on skyscraperpage.com here and several others so please dont bash on me or Charlotte because their proud of their city and state!

I will brag about North Carolina as well as the other cities in North Carolina to anyone and all my friends! If you find that you un-like the place you reside like me, then why not pass up your city/town for your favorite city huh? I do with where I live now both the town of Cross, and the entire state of South Carolina! And to me it's not just the city that makes up how or if I like it it is also the people, thats why I hate Charleston and and other cities in SC, dont get me wrong it is a beautiful city- but honestly just like the rest of the city it is full of dumb @s$3S!

Sorry my fellow South Carolinians but that is how I feel!!

So there you have your "Excited High-Schooler"!
Yep, that all sounded very high-schoolish. Very much so.

I never said anything about not liking the city I reside in. But that doesn't mean you make up all kinds of wild claims about the place like our skyline is right up there with Atlanta's. That's absurd and shows that you're still wet behind the ears.

Your opinion about my home state is very biased and not rooted in fact at all but just knee-jerk reactions, especially when you don't have much experience with the rest of the state. So in that regard kiddo, I have to tell you that your opinion means very little. But hey, I'd probably be a little bitter if I had to live in Cross too. I'd probably feel the same way if I were living in some small, isolated town in North Carolina too. That little video of yours is very, very, very funny. You act like all that suburban crap doesn't exist anywhere in SC. You even said Brewster's doesn't exist in SC, when there are plenty of them. I don't think you've been anywhere outside of NC and SC, especially since you think that High Point is this bastion of civilization when lots of people in other parts of NC look down on High Point. Need I remind you of what Fantasia had to say about her hometown that had people up in arms? Maybe I should start a "Charleston vs. High Point" thread to show you how uninformed your opinions are.
 
Old 12-22-2009, 03:54 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,190 posts, read 11,855,627 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefansanity View Post
Please this was sarcasm! No disrespect but no need to assume I didnt go on to explain why it was ect. etc, also you yall say in about 15-20 years it will be, im sorry but I know what I typed and if my memory serves me correct I said IN THE FUTURE!
No, you said "We may not be on th level with cities such as Atlanta but we are on a fast pace to it both population wise and lets face it we're right there at it with the skyline category."
 
Old 12-22-2009, 03:56 PM
 
Location: San Diego
415 posts, read 1,059,117 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Yep, that all sounded very high-schoolish. Very much so.

I never said anything about not liking the city I reside in. But that doesn't mean you make up all kinds of wild claims about the place like our skyline is right up there with Atlanta's. That's absurd and shows that you're still wet behind the ears.

Your opinion about my home state is very biased and not rooted in fact at all but just knee-jerk reactions, especially when you don't have much experience with the rest of the state. So in that regard kiddo, I have to tell you that your opinion means very little. But hey, I'd probably be a little bitter if I had to live in Cross too. I'd probably feel the same way if I were living in some small, isolated town in North Carolina too. That little video of yours is very, very, very funny. You act like all that suburban crap doesn't exist anywhere in SC. You even said Brewster's doesn't exist in SC, when there are plenty of them. I don't think you've been anywhere outside of NC and SC, especially since you think that High Point is this bastion of civilization when lots of people in other parts of NC look down on High Point. Need I remind you of what Fantasia had to say about her hometown that had people up in arms? Maybe I should start a "Charleston vs. High Point" thread to show you how uninformed your opinions are.
I would very much suggest that as a matter of fact I suggest that you do that! and just for the rest of the quote I think that you really should take in consideration HOW MUCH SC REALLY DOES NOT HAVE AND WHAT THEY LACK! I can give you a list of 100 things they lack or do not have my friend!

Also may I add that High Point [b] IS FAAAARRRRRRR FROM ISOLATED I THINK THAT YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF YOUR HOMESTATE AND GET OUT MORE OFTEN BECAUSE I GUARANTEE YOU THAT YOU STILL LIVE OUTSIDE THOSE CLT CITY LIMITS AND ON THE SC STATE LINE CLAIMING IT. . . .HELL I WOULDNT AND NEVER WILL CLAIM ANYTHING THAT COMES EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO SC!

DO A LITTLE RESEARCH ON THE PIEDMONT TRIAD MY DEAR FRIEND!

Last edited by stefansanity; 12-22-2009 at 03:59 PM.. Reason: msp
 
Old 12-22-2009, 04:02 PM
 
Location: metro ATL
8,190 posts, read 11,855,627 times
Reputation: 2698
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefansanity View Post
I would very much suggest that as a matter of fact I suggest that you do that! and just for the rest of the quote I think that you really should take in consideration HOW MUCH SC REALLY DOES NOT HAVE AND WHAT THEY LACK! I can give you a list of 100 things they lack or do not have my friend!
Oh please dude. We're talking about High Point here. There's not much to High Point at all. What you did in that video would be like me living in Wadesboro, NC and saying that there's nothing at all to NC just because of Wadesboro. Dude, you live in frickin' CROSS. There's nothing in Cross at all! If you really wanted to be fair, you would have compared Charleston or Columbia to High Point. But you can't do that, because they beat the snot out of High Point in every category.

Even then, there's not that much that SC lacks when compared to NC so I seriously lack you could even list 20 things. Bruster's doesn't count because you obviously didn't know that there are actually more in SC than in NC. Outside of Charlotte and Raleigh (Charlotte mostly), the two states are very comparable.

I never said that High Point was isolated. You should read what I wrote very carefully and slowly. And I very much live within the city limits of Charlotte; I'm only a few miles down the road from SouthPark Mall.

Funny that you're telling me to "get out of my home state and get out more often" when I don't even live there any more. This has been a really light travel year for me, but I've been to DC, Atlanta, and New Orleans just this year. So trust me, I've got traveling covered my friend.

Last edited by Akhenaton06; 12-22-2009 at 04:12 PM..
 
Old 12-22-2009, 04:23 PM
 
Location: San Diego
415 posts, read 1,059,117 times
Reputation: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Oh please dude. We're talking about High Point here. There's not much to High Point at all. What you did in that video would be like me living in Wadesboro, NC and saying that there's nothing at all to NC just because of Wadesboro. Dude, you live in frickin' CROSS. There's nothing in Cross at all! If you really wanted to be fair, you would have compared Charleston or Columbia to High Point. But you can't do that, because they beat the snot out of High Point in every category.

Even then, there's not that much that SC lacks when compared to NC so I seriously lack you could even list 20 things. Bruster's doesn't count because you obviously didn't know that there are actually more in SC than in NC. Outside of Charlotte and Raleigh (Charlotte mostly), the two states are very comparable.

And I very much live within the city limits of Charlotte; I'm only a few miles down the road from SouthPark Mall.

Funny that you're telling me to "get out of my home state and get out more often" when I don't even live there any more. This has been a really light travel year for me, but I've been to DC, Atlanta, and New Orleans just this year. So trust me, I've got traveling covered my friend.
okay lets talk figures here bud,

High Point City limits pop:
101,835
Charleston City Limits pop
118,492

High Point Area
95.1 sq mi
Charleston Area
178.1 sq mi

So Density wise we win and technically smashing yall, yall are at more than 3/4s more than us nearly double in space!

May I add I have been to DC also, NY, Philly, Boston, and nearly every city of the northern coast.

Also as far as skyline wise HP would beat Charleston maybe not Columbia they have more height on us.

And you say that SC has us except Raleigh and Charlotte wise its WAAAYYY more than that. All other cities I am about to list are bigger than both Columbia and Charleston, Charlotte 7X's Bigger Raleigh 4X's Bigger Greensboro nearly 3Xs bigger Winston-Salem 2X's as big Fayetteville 2X's bigger Wilmington as big as Charleston and so many more that is in or bigger than both Columbia's and Charlestons league!

btw the whole video was a joke and thats all thats too it and it seems that the only thing you can find wrong with my video is that damn Bruster's oh well big whoopie doo!! NORTH CAROLINA IS BETTER AND WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN SC AND THAT IS ALL THATS TO IT!

And also to add about me picking on your home state you obviously like North Carolina more. . . . Your residing in a NORTH CAROLINA CITY 7X's bigger than ANY CITY IN SOUTH CAROLINA!!
 
Old 12-22-2009, 07:01 PM
JJG
 
Location: Fort Worth
12,922 posts, read 18,423,303 times
Reputation: 6613
Hands down, AUSTIN. If anything, it's better.

I think you needed to upgrade that pic:



 
Old 12-22-2009, 07:02 PM
 
Location: Chicago
763 posts, read 675,367 times
Reputation: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
No. You just lost me with this post. You are nowhere near Atlanta yet in any category at all. Skyline, population wise, etc. Give it another 25+ years or so.
In 25+ years, ATL will probably have established that "beltline" system. Furthering the city's limits... ALT will pretty much be Chicago or NY in that amount of time more than likely.

Anyway, Charlotte's weird because it's got a nice sized skyline, but it's so rural and suburban outside of that small center core. Too much land area and too little substance to really compare it to any of the city's listed in the poll... Too vastly different.
Maybe comprable to... Jacksonville?...
 
Old 12-22-2009, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Pasadena
883 posts, read 1,923,815 times
Reputation: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
In 25+ years, ATL will probably have established that "beltline" system. Furthering the city's limits... ALT will pretty much be Chicago or NY in that amount of time more than likely.

Anyway, Charlotte's weird because it's got a nice sized skyline, but it's so rural and suburban outside of that small center core. Too much land area and too little substance to really compare it to any of the city's listed in the poll... Too vastly different.
Maybe comprable to... Jacksonville?...
What have you been smoking, and did you give some of that to JJG?

Atlanta a Chicago or NYC in 25+years? Even if Chicago or NYC WERE FROZEN IN TIME for 100 years, ATL wouldnt even be on their heels, ok?

If you think CLT is more comparable to Jacksonville, you really don't know much about it, do you?

And JJG, do you actually think that Austin is better than CLT? Oh well, your opinion....
 
Old 12-22-2009, 08:14 PM
 
Location: Chicago
763 posts, read 675,367 times
Reputation: 433
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
What have you been smoking, and did you give some of that to JJG?

Atlanta a Chicago or NYC in 25+years? Even if Chicago or NYC WERE FROZEN IN TIME for 100 years, ATL wouldnt even be on their heels, ok?

If you think CLT is more comparable to Jacksonville, you really don't know much about it, do you?

And JJG, do you actually think that Austin is better than CLT? Oh well, your opinion....
Wow... You must not know much. As a metro area, Atlanta is what 8th or 9th in population nationwide? And it's going to continue to grow.
In 25 years, every city in America is probably going to move up a tier.

And I spend 4-5 months at a time in Charlotte for school, and there's a drastic difference between development in Charlotte and many other higher caliber cities, LIKE an Atlanta, Chicago, or a New York (yes, I just put them in the same category). And the Jacksonville thing, well... They both have mediocre football teams . I just threw a city in there because there really aren't many other cities in the same situation as Charlotte... And honestly, I'd prefer to live in Austin than Charlotte. But skyline-wise, I think CLT has Austin beat in that category
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top