U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 01:22 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,146,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Oh good, another dose of that famed Chi-Town intellect.

How is what I did in any way, shape or form the "exact" same thing as what I called him on? I thought it was pathetic that he couldn't contain his hatred for one day, EVEN ON CHRISTMAS. My Christmas was spent being positive and enjoying myself with family, not trying to stir the pot in an online forum and insult people. I was unfortunate enough to come across that nonsense earlier today, and I responded to it.

My post wasn't designed to bash Chicago in any way; I just pointed out how ridiculously hateful he was being. Well that, and I expressed my amusement with his bizarre obsession. So how in the world did you conclude that I was doing "the exact same thing?"

You employ a very, very odd version of logic.
Areas highlighted in red demonstrate your own hypocrisy.

Old 12-27-2009, 01:43 PM

203 posts, read 615,978 times
Chi town is so inferior it's not even funny... Their teams as a whole through history cannot hold a candle to th bay areas... It's sad really. It's weird how they claim to be such a great sportstown and somehow know that every single fan inthe bay doesn't really know sports or is as big of a fan like Chicago fans.. Wut a joke

Old 12-27-2009, 02:29 PM

2,601 posts, read 4,069,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
Chi town is so inferior it's not even funny... Their teams as a whole through history cannot hold a candle to th bay areas... It's sad really. It's weird how they claim to be such a great sportstown and somehow know that every single fan inthe bay doesn't really know sports or is as big of a fan like Chicago fans.. Wut a joke
Haven't the Chicago Bulls won more national championships than the Golden State Warriors (since they've been in California)?? Seems like the White Sox have won the World Series more recently than the Giants or the A's. Football - more wins from the Bay area (but they have two teams). Overall, why is this sad??? I hardly think Chicago is inferior - but that's your bias, I guess.

Old 12-27-2009, 03:58 PM

2,958 posts, read 5,662,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
What you said and what you meant are two different things.
As are what YOU said and what YOU meant. Did you notice how three of us disagreed with you for EXACTLY that reason? Talk about not practicing what you preach!

Quote:
Because it doesn't matter what day of the year it was. That doesn't determine the content of one's post.
This thread hijack has gone on too long, so this is my final reply on the matter. But for the last time, MY ENTIRE POST WAS ABOUT THE FACT THAT HE DID WHAT HE DID ON CHRISTMAS!!! Why is this so far beyond your comprehension? That was the entire reason I posted and the entire point I was making. HELLOOOOOO.

It could not have mattered more what day of the year it was in this pointless discussion. The date was 100% responsible for the content of my post. You are mind-numbingly thick-headed.

Quote:
I never said you were and I never said anything about what he is doing.
Oh Lord.

You said I was doing the exact same thing he was doing and I was the pot calling the kettle black. What I had mentioned was what HE was doing, ipso facto YOU DID say I was and YOU DID reference what he was doing. I cannot believe I'm actually needing to explain this to you. Sad, just so sad.

Quote:
While he is bad, he is not at the level of Dementor.
And this pretty much sums up your ability to think outside the box. This guy might not yet have the volume of posts that Dementor had, but your statement right here just shows your bias. He is every bit as bad as Dementor in his hatred and his lack of anything better to do. Apparently to you he isn't that bad b/c he's not targeting where you're from like Dementor was. How enlightened of you.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:06 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,294,974 times
Quote:
The Bay Area is multiple metros in itself. My metro has no NBA team. I went to school in Davis and have a spot in mind for the Kings. Deal with it.
Oh stop. The bay is not LA. It is one little metro, and you have the same team , stinking it up for years as you do now, and thats the warriors. Nice try but san jose is part of the bay. Your metro does have a team. San Jose is a part of the SF bay area, and not its own metro, deal with it.

Quote:
They won by five, but that's probably good math in the midwest. As a Hawks fan, you're probably familiar with only last year in the history of the NHL. Anything before that was with a crappy team and no fans.
LoL @ San josers not being able to comprehend what its like to have original league teams.

"Anything before that"? ROFL I'd suggest learning the game of hockey(I know its hard since you are from california), the hawks have been selling out since before you were born.

Quote:
You're named for a baseball team, are you not? Ha...
You were not even in middle school the last time a bay area team won a world series. Ha....Enjoy that 2003 soccer title. Because that's the only thing a bay franchise will be winning. LOL@ Lew Wolff.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:10 PM

2,958 posts, read 5,662,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
Areas highlighted in red demonstrate your own hypocrisy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
The intellect comment was intended to let you know that you are appearing to have as much understanding of what is going on as the other poster you were rescuing there. I was lumping only the two of you, both as Chicago posters, together. I was not attempting to slight all Chicagoans, but I was identifying you two posters as Chicagoans who were unable to grasp what was being presented on this thread.
Areas that are bold and underlined show where I've already addressed that and explained my intentions behind that comment. Apparently you missed it your first time around. Hope this helps.

Btw, I don't personally care whether or not some pig-headed Chicagoans take offense to what I had said. Like I said earlier, too many of you are effectively making my opinion of that region diminish - which is sad b/c I used to actually defend Chicago when I'd come across people bashing it. But that's on you guys. I clarified who I was targeting in that comment. If a bunch of you get butthurt by it I could really care less.

Any of you who are taking issue with that little sideways comment, let me know. I'll be glad to post a long list of offensive, unprovoked, ignorant blanket statements by Midwesterners bashing CA.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:52 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,294,974 times
Sorry but if your theory was correct than why are the niners thinking about relocating from SF? Why do the raiders not have their home games televised? Which bay area baseball team has the lowest payroll and had the lowest fan attendance in baseball for 2009.

No chicago team is relocating, nor will they ever. And our worst teams sell just as many tickets as your best teams.

Chicago is and has always been touted as one of the best sports cities, where as the bay area had no real pro sports teams until the 1950's(lol @ the pacific coast league). Think about it, the cubs can get more people into a dump of a stadium with a loosing team, than the giants can with a brand new baseball park with every yuppie accessory (free wifi, sushi, cheese and wine, play ground for the children). Nice try but no.

You should try buying a ticket and learning something and support your local teams, rather than try here. Lord knows the A's, raiders, warriors and sharks could use all the support they can get.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-27-2009 at 05:17 PM.. Reason: rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or