Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 03:29 PM

270 posts, read 854,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I'm not saying I'm comparing the Rams with the Chiefs, just establishing the fact that the rams suck. Me using your name and comment as a platform to launch my point is irrelevant.
The only reason to post an item about the Rams in this thread would be to claim the city in which they are located is the worst sports city. By doing so, you are already implying a comparison between the Rams and the team located in the original post's city, the Chiefs. This may not be what you meant to say, but it is how I took it. All is well.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:43 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLMetro View Post
The only reason to post an item about the Rams in this thread would be to claim the city in which they are located is the worst sports city. By doing so, you are already implying a comparison between the Rams and the team located in the original post's city, the Chiefs. This may not be what you meant to say, but it is how I took it. All is well.
Actually, I posted that because it seems forumers have some unspoken obligation to bash KC any chance they get, when in fact, very few people on c-d can even attest to the fact they've been to KC.

Clearly, I would assume you've been to KC, but I was just pointing out St. Louis has had better sports days as well.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:35 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,001,177 times
Saint Louis loves sports, but it essentially a baseball town.

Old 12-22-2009, 05:00 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,478 times
Miami
Seattle

Old 12-22-2009, 05:11 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
I guess my question is not wost fans, but the worst city to be a sports fan of. If that makes sence. I don't think KC has the worst fans. I would call them average. The problem is trying to be a fan of KC sports teams.

Like I mentioned before, it's easy to be a sports fan in Denver, I would call that one of the best cities for fans.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:04 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
My vote goes for the bay area. Outside of the sharks(and even they are let down), those people don't care what their owners put out. If Chicago had a team like the Raiders or the A's, they would have been run out of town. Warriors are half and half for me. The team is a straight up joke, but they draw a decent crowd.
Your focus is always to bring The Bay down and to boost Chicago, but your hatred is fascinating. Your life must be a horrendous thing to wake up to in the morning with all the bitterness you display on here, along with your inexplicable distaste and hatred for the SF Bay Area (and often other parts of CA) that you just can't seem to contain. I can't even take offense to what you say; you just cause me to feel pity for you.

The one thing that makes you stand out from all the other SF-bashers though is that you do seem to have a better sense of the reality out here than most of them. Even if you do only choose to view it from a negative perspective, at least you do appear to have some knowledge and experience.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-27-2009 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 12-22-2009, 07:24 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShoreSoxGo View Post
If Chicago had a team like the Raiders or the A's, they would have been run out of town.
It's not like the Bears and Cubs are much better.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:35 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,244 times
Quote:
The last thread I was just browsing was the one with 5 city options for 2 college grads to move to and all I saw was you on there ripping Silicon Valley rather than offering any type of positive opinion. So yes, I did predict it, and I find it even funnier that you're too shook to even respond here since you've normally got so much to say lol.

Really thats odd because MY first sentence in that thread, verbatum is this :
Your degree, need for good outdoor life, and desire to be by down to earth people says silicon valley, every other requirement does not.
That seems to be right on topic with that thread, what that has to do with this one, I don't know, but once again you fail to stay on topic.

Quote:
As you wish. I think Chicago has to be one of the worst cities for sports. The Bears are pathetic even after they've finally landed their first franchise QB since McMahon (lol) and the Bulls are nothing impressive nowadays. But worst of all Chicago has the Cubs which kind of makes it the worst city by itself. Happy now??
I love how you make fun of the cubs and the bears, which have better attendance rates than either one of their multiple bay area counter parts (the bay area has two football and baseball teams by the way). Real smart, rip on teams that sell more tickets when they are loosing than when your teams win. Classic california.

How about you call us when the raiders can actually acheive not having a homegame blacked out, or when the A's sell out one home game in which the Yankees or Boston do not come to town.

Bulls made the play offs last year(4 times this decade) by the way, how about the warriors?

And how about the Sharks(1st place regular season), lost to the anaheim mighty ducks(8th place) in the first round...WOW.

Old 12-22-2009, 07:38 PM

1,124 posts, read 3,592,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Actually, I posted that because it seems forumers have some unspoken obligation to bash KC any chance they get, when in fact, very few people on c-d can even attest to the fact they've been to KC.

Clearly, I would assume you've been to KC, but I was just pointing out St. Louis has had better sports days as well.
Can't argue with that...

America's Best Sports City St Louis.

http://www.supernupe.com/images/300St._Louis_Best_Sports_City_Cover.jpg (broken link)

Ahhh, the good old days...

Anyway, to answer the thread question: I think it's Oakland
NFL: Raiders- Have not won more than 5 games in a season since 2002
NBA: Golden State Warriors- Reached playoffs once (2007-2008) in last 15 years
MLB: Athletics- Average record of 75-87 in past three seasons

Old 12-22-2009, 07:41 PM

1,909 posts, read 3,781,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronstlcards View Post
Can't argue with that...

America's Best Sports City St Louis.

http://www.supernupe.com/images/300St._Louis_Best_Sports_City_Cover.jpg (broken link)

Ahhh, the good old days...

Anyway, to answer the thread question: I think it's Oakland
NFL: Raiders- Have not won more than 5 games in a season since 2002
NBA: Golden State Warriors- Reached playoffs once (2007-2008) in last 15 years
MLB: Athletics- Average record of 75-87 in past three seasons

And this post help sums up my point. Raiders can't win a game. A's cant sell tickets, and the warriors are just a joke.

Last edited by LakeShoreSoxGo; 12-22-2009 at 07:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City