U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 12:04 PM

1,489 posts, read 2,271,959 times

Advertisements

The thread title should read "WHICH" city is the best dressed city..." But enough with english class lol. My vote goes to NYC and ATL.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:06 PM

704 posts, read 1,283,044 times
I think when you live in big city environments people dress better. I notice people out east dress better than the west coast. A few people have said LA but I think the shorts/t-shirt/tennis shoe combo which runs everywhere in that city looks sloppy and trashy in a sense.

NYC, Boston, D.C, and parts of Chicago, would be my choice.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:23 PM

7,732 posts, read 11,697,728 times
As all of the Atlanta malcontents/bashers come out of the woodwork now..............

It would appear that the Tri-State Defense League has done its damage here, yet again.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,992,491 times
(internationally) I vote for london. whatever scene a person is into.. preppy, gothic, emo, punk ect, that person is always dressed to the nines in that specific genre. I think New York falls under this too.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:53 PM

404 posts, read 1,221,071 times
NYC is the fashion capitol of the world. It wins EASILY. Ive lived all over, its no contest. When I leave NYC, people in other cities seem so frumpy and suburban. Yes, even in LA. and to insinuate that Dallas or Atlanta are even inthe same discussion only makes you sound like....well, sombody from dallas or atlanta.

Last edited by adambos; 04-08-2010 at 02:05 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 02:24 PM

3,012 posts, read 5,144,556 times
to johnatl. Nyc is the fashion capitol you can probably pull up a link that say little rock arkansas is the fashion capitol..lol. You can find many links roclaiming new york to be number 1. But scratch all that

NYC has the biggest fashion week in the world and is the biggest hub for both established and new designers. Its model scene is also the biggest so stop it

Old 04-08-2010, 02:31 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,408,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
to johnatl. Nyc is the fashion capitol you can probably pull up a link that say little rock arkansas is the fashion capitol..lol. You can find many links roclaiming new york to be number 1. But scratch all that

NYC has the biggest fashion week in the world and is the biggest hub for both established and new designers. Its model scene is also the biggest so stop it
It's true, NYC is the fashion capital of the world. Even if it weren't (but it is), it IS and ALWAYS IS AND WILL BE the Fashion Capital of the USA. All the fashions they wear in the midwest and south came from NY 5-10 years earlier. NY'ers wear the fashions when they are new, it spreads immediately to L.A. (and some fashion trends come from L.A., also) and then after a few years in the West Coast and Northeast, the fashion finally gets picked up by the South and Midwest (although some cities in the midwest are on top of fashions much sooner).

Yes, it's easy to prove that NY is #1, especially for the USA, but also for the world.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:40 PM

749 posts, read 2,001,955 times
I'd have to agree New York and it works so well for them because it tends to hide that skin that's so easily sunburned and covers up a lot of flab.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:47 PM

7,732 posts, read 11,697,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
It's true, NYC is the fashion capital of the world. Even if it weren't (but it is), it IS and ALWAYS IS AND WILL BE the Fashion Capital of the USA. All the fashions they wear in the midwest and south came from NY 5-10 years earlier. NY'ers wear the fashions when they are new, it spreads immediately to L.A. (and some fashion trends come from L.A., also) and then after a few years in the West Coast and Northeast, the fashion finally gets picked up by the South and Midwest (although some cities in the midwest are on top of fashions much sooner).

Yes, it's easy to prove that NY is #1, especially for the USA, but also for the world.
LOL! Try a couple of weeks, not 5-10 years. The South & Midwest have many of the same stores you do, but you already knew that.

Milan is the fashion capital of the world, New York and L.A. are the fashion capitals of the U.S.

Old 04-08-2010, 03:11 PM

4,085 posts, read 7,408,198 times
Anyway, as I was saying, I think it's very clear from most posters in this thread (well, the ones who don't have an agenda, anyway) that NYC is the fashion capital of the US, and of the world. It's a shame some people have to be so jealous and hateful of that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or