Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2009, 02:41 PM

965 posts, read 1,884,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by كثيرة هي دعا ولك View Post
Dallas is notably more upscale and image conscious than a downmarket city like Houston.
I wouldn't call Houston "downmarket," but it is more "blue collar" in perception than Dallas. And even that isn't 100% true.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:45 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
I don't live in Houston or NYC, so I'm not being insecure about anything. You and many others constantly show your insecurity about Dallas and Houston and how they compare to other cities all the time on these boards.

Maybe if you learned how to articulate your thoughts better, people wouldn't have jumped on you the way they did. Or better yet, spend some time outside the Lone Star State and learn that the world doesn't revolve around Texas as much as you seem to think it does. Southwest Airlines DOES fly outside the state after all, and there is a nice, huge hub at Hobby Airport.

But anyhow, we obviously misinterpreted you, let's move on. I think NYC is in a league of it's own when it comes to bein well dressed.
OK.....don't understand how you got that impression of me.

I agree with you about NYC when it comes to fashion.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:54 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,931,823 times
Quote:
"Napoleon complex" is a term describing an alleged type of inferiority complex which is said to affect some people, especially men, who are short in stature.

Envy is a sin.
That's great. I love it

Old 12-28-2009, 02:57 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post

1. New York City
2. Los Angeles
3. Washington D.C.
4. Atlanta
5. Chicago
i agree. i put chicago over atlanta tho...or at least have them as a tie. it really depends. there's nothing like fashion in the winter.

Old 12-28-2009, 02:59 PM

Some people really show their insecurity and inferiority complexes on this site. I've never met anyone like this in person, lol. Luckily the friends I have in real life from Texas are normal people without inferiority complexes, and admit to loving NY.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:05 PM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Some people really show their insecurity and inferiority complexes on this site. I've never met anyone like this in person, lol. Luckily the friends I have in real life from Texas are normal people without inferiority complexes, and admit to loving NY.
But there are plenty of people out there who hate NY...and it doesn't mean they have an inferiority complex. Some people just have a difference of opinion.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
But there are plenty of people out there who hate NY...and it doesn't mean they have an inferiority complex. Some people just have a difference of opinion.

There's a difference between an inferiority complex and just not liking NY. I'm just saying that they're totally different than those on C-D. And for the record, I met my Texan friends in Manhattan while they were on a trip, lol.

Old 12-28-2009, 03:06 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,839,547 times
Quote:
Dallas is notably more upscale and image conscious than a downmarket city like Houston.
Houston is downmarket? Really?
Thanks for informing all of us who actually live here and had no idea!

Please don't bring the personal bickering into a sweeping generalization of a city you're likely not too familiar with...

Old 12-28-2009, 03:09 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,101,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post

Exactly

Based on what we have seen on these threads, why would we have an inferiority complex to NY'ers

Many of us think that some NY'ers have a personal inferiority complex which explains their need to belittle every other city

Thankfully, most NY'ers are secure with themselves... just not on this site

Old 12-28-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Exactly

Based on what we have seen on these threads, why would we have an inferiority complex to NY'ers

Many of us think that some NY'ers have a personal inferiority complex which explains their need to belittle every other city

Thankfully, most NY'ers are secure with themselves... just not on this site

An inferiority complex = battling other cities? No, don't think so. We COMMENT about cities and how they think they're bigger and more important than they really are (Atlanta, Dallas, and Houston come to mind).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City