Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2009, 06:59 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Why? Because I don't agree with you? That is pretty lame although I expected that "comeback" from you or one of the other 4 NY'ers that can't handle the truth or the fact that not everyone thinks that NY is the greatest

I would apologize, but I am not sorry

Right, that's why 90% of the posts put NY at #1... And they're not all from NY, buddy. Face the facts: Your state is not fashionable.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:03 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
ppl that are from the u.s. and that don't think that ny is the greatest are in absolute denial. be glad that you have (easier) access to the best city on earth and that you don't have to spend a gajillion dollars like these foreign tourists out here and these immigrants that flock to our city daily that want in on the american dream.

Quote:
The rest of the country laughs at the NY accent. I try not to when I am swooning the NY ladies but it is hard.
this is a lie. mad ppl are fascinated...anyway, rachel is right. you and a few others (i won't name names but you know who you are) always hate on nyc. you have nothing positive to say about nyc at all. ever. thats cool tho. you're entitled to your opinion but i read your posts with the understanding that you will always hate on nyc.

edit*
and as for walmart, its common knowledge that walmarts are known to over saturate the market. they build and build and build. it starts out with one and becomes many seemingly overnight. just because a city has a walmart doesn't mean that the city isn't fashionable. long island has other stores and also they are obviously next door to nyc and many live in long island and work/have fam/chill/etc in nyc daily.

i have fam in hempstead and there really isn't that much of a difference between them and a nyer from one of the boroughs.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:09 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times
To be honest NY use to be the place to go to shop because most places didn't have certain stores. Now pretty much every city has the same stores now... Nothing really stands out anymore pretty much everyone is doing the same thing... I don't see people in NY being any more fashionable than anyone from Philly,Atlanta,D.C. Or LA. I'm not even from Ny and get compliments on how I dress all the time when I'm in New York I don't thing every single trend starts in NY... Seriously this is not a bash but just a matter of opinion. Ny is only a fashion capital because of all of the fashions shows modeling agencies and boutiques... Not because everyone in Ny knows how to dress, I've seen alot of bama looking people in NY..There is no win over the ny people there going to always feel superior to everyone and they willl never give credit to any other cities for anything.. Sometimes it come across as being very vain

Old 12-29-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
I've seen alot of bama looking people in NY

Because those people are the tourists Trust me, I live here and can point out the tourists and locals just by looking at them.

The thing with other cities is that they don't have the density of high scale shopping. Also, how many other areas of the country can say they have like 5 Saks' and 5 Bloomingdales within a radius of 20 miles of the city? I'm guessing you've also never been on 5th avenue for the shopping. Really only Chicago has that density of high-scale shopping.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:14 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
you won't find the boutiques that we have in cities such as philly, atlanta, dc or la so what are you saying??

you still won't find some "major" stores that we have in other regions...also a few stores that you could only find in ny just started going "abroad" so what are you saying? that would mean that the store started in ny and ventured out to other areas of the country and/or the world. so basically give credit to ny for that since those stores started here.

and if it didn't stand out then ppl in those other states wouldn't be flocking to those stores that started in or were popularized in nyc.

also about texas...i lived in texas for a year. i saw many ppl that were bummy walking around walmart. women with 50 billion kids running around, etc. that doesn't mean that all of texas was like that. just because texas has many walmarts doesn't mean that some ppl aren't fashionable. right, mach?

so just because long island has walmart, because its in ny that makes it less fashionable because you don't like ny? lol @ that.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:04 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,102,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Right, that's why 90% of the posts put NY at #1... And they're not all from NY, buddy. Face the facts: Your state is not fashionable.

They are only saying that because of Manhattan. Trust me, no one thinks LI has any style. Try traveling before you judge anybody elses fashions

No one else believes you either, it is not just me

Old 12-29-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
They are only saying that because of Manhattan. Trust me, no one thinks LI has any style. Try traveling before you judge anybody elses fashions

No one else believes you either, it is not just me

Long Island has more high-end stores than most bigger cities in this country. Don't forget that the celebs and wealthy travel to the Hamptons and shop at all the small boutiques. Take it from me, whose best friend's parents own a store in the Hamptons.

Try traveling? There you go pulling that card yet again. Seems as if you're the one who doesn't travel since you bring it up SO much...lol.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Long Island has more high-end stores than most bigger cities in this country. Don't forget that the celebs and wealthy travel to the Hamptons and shop at all the small boutiques. Take it from me, whose best friend's parents own a store in the Hamptons.

Try traveling? There you go pulling that card yet again. Seems as if you're the one who doesn't travel since you bring it up SO much...lol.

Just give it up. You and the 3 others are not going to convince all the rest of us that you are better than the rest of the country

Why would the celebs and wealthy shop in hick LI when they can shop in Manhattan

Old 12-29-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Just give it up. You and the 3 others are not going to convince all the rest of us that you are better than the rest of the country

Why would the celebs and wealthy shop in hick LI when they can shop in Manhattan

We sure are hicks with 7000 people per square mile, lol.

Shopping in Long Island, the Hamptons, Montauk, Fire Island

Old 12-29-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
We sure are hicks with 7000 people per square mile, lol.

Shopping in Long Island, the Hamptons, Montauk, Fire Island

Not impressed... can find those stores in any major city in America
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City