U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 11:05 AM

15,664 posts, read 18,211,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411info View Post

Now if we're talking about metropolitian area wise

NYC-----> Baltimore ------> Philly -------> DC
Source?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 02:04 PM

9 posts, read 8,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Source?
Look at a murder map and you'll see

Most murders that occur in the NYC area are in the city itself, with the exception of Newark and East Orange.
Most murders that occur in the Philly area are in the city itself as well, with the exception of Camden and Trenton.
Most murders that occur in the Baltimore area are in the city itself.

However then it comes to D.C., the majority of the murders are in the suburbs.
Prince George's county, MD has more murders so far this year, add to the other murders in other counties and you will see that murders and crime as well are more spread out in the DC area.

All one has to do it take the crime rate of each and every jurisdiction in each four of these metros, combine them separately and you will see that DC comes out on top.
Does that mean the DC metro as a whole is dangerous? No because the DC metro covers a lot of land and contains 5.4 million people.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:30 PM

1,751 posts, read 3,273,756 times
Default boredatwork

The western portion of the dc metro is safe as any city but including just the eastern portion of dc w pg county is almost similar to new Orleans metro

Old 04-20-2011, 02:30 PM

9 posts, read 8,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boreatwork View Post
The western portion of the dc metro is safe as any city but including the eastern portion of dc w pg county is almost similar to new Orleans metro
Exactly

Old 04-20-2011, 03:27 PM

633 posts, read 847,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
Crime in Baltimore is not everywhere; its confined to certain areas....stay away from drugs and other stupid stuff and u won't have problems.
well, i was refering to this map where we can see murder everywhere in Bmore... but hey, i do not do drug & stuff so..

Old 04-20-2011, 10:27 PM

420 posts, read 651,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpomp View Post
All cities have their good and bad areas. As far as crime goes id say New York is the safest, followed by Philadelphia, DC, then Baltimore. But really its all fairly relative because each of these cities have their ugly areas. If your looking at disasters, whether it be natural or God forbid an attack, it would be New York as the least safe, because it is such a large city, and really it is a city on water. Then DC would be next, followed by philly and baltimore. Philly and Balimore have the calmer weather than the other 2, usually.
they weather is pretty similar in all four cities, if a hurricane struck the east coast, NYC and Baltimore would have it worse.

Baltimore after tropical storm Isabel 2003:

Old 04-20-2011, 11:32 PM

4,462 posts, read 8,203,440 times
NYC is the safest.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:42 PM

420 posts, read 651,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
well, i was refering to this map where we can see murder everywhere in Bmore... but hey, i do not do drug & stuff so..
i got u, but certain areas of the city are crime free. Google wont show u that tho.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:11 AM

633 posts, read 847,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
i got u, but certain areas of the city are crime free. Google wont show u that tho.
It's a shame because Bmore came into my mind since I saw the wire & i wanted to visit it... but then I heard all thoses things about Bmore so now, i'm thinking twice while I still want to visit it (maybe i'll see Omar & marlo lol)

Old 04-21-2011, 06:55 AM

860 posts, read 1,078,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo2k View Post
It's a shame because Bmore came into my mind since I saw the wire & i wanted to visit it... but then I heard all thoses things about Bmore so now, i'm thinking twice while I still want to visit it (maybe i'll see Omar & marlo lol)
Lol Baltimore can be bareable depending on where you go I guess. I dont know much about the entire city itself besides what I saw on the wire and my experiences from visiting. I go down there sometimes to see a few friends, they stay close to baltimore's downtown area..so its not as bad. There are plenty of abandoned row houses though.

The biggest thing in the city is their harbor, which I hear is nice. As many times as ive been to baltimore Ive actually never been to the harbor. My friends often take me out of baltimore when they wanna show me a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or