U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 04:16 AM

1,293 posts, read 1,065,345 times

Advertisements

Like the new Kentucky plate, to me it looks better than the old one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 09:59 AM

204 posts, read 451,042 times
I'm surprised Louisiana has gotten so many votes. The plain white with red cursive font (looks like California) is boring, but I really like the "sunset" colored one and the Bicentennial plate.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:35 PM

3,720 posts, read 3,138,851 times
I think Ohio is the worst im mean come on just a name a two colors...BORING! i rather have anything but Ohio

Old 04-04-2012, 11:56 AM

8,156 posts, read 13,127,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt826 View Post
lol Connecticut's it basically the same as Jersey's, except in blue.
I guess sort of, but that plate he posted was not what you see on the cars - you have options.

http://www.peter-martin.name/plates/...hthouse_ct.jpg
http://www.licenseplates.cc/images/ct_united.jpg
http://www.ct.gov/dmv/lib/dmv/amistad.gif

etc.

not the best, not the worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolehboleh View Post
CT plates are as boring as the state it represents.
You're just pissed because we are the only New England state that doesn't have to rely on Boston. (Care to compare corporate headquarters between Boston and Hartford?) Or you're just a typical Cambridge elitist.

Last edited by JMT; 01-08-2014 at 04:01 PM..

Old 04-04-2012, 12:19 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,863,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
Delaware license plates are notoriously hideous. Honestly, I don't think New Jersey's license plate is that bad (the current yellow one, not the blue one, which I have the misfortune of having), nor do I think Connecticut's is bad. They are just a bit bland compared to some others. NJ has some nice specialty plates though that show the beaches/lighthouses in South Jersey.

I think New England has some of the best designs. Not so much Massachusetts, but Vermont's is one of my favorites (simplistic but very nice looking), and Maine and New Hampshire's are great too. Rhode Island has a nice simple design as well. Other than those, I like South Carolina's and Oregon's a lot. Georgia's disappoints me as they can do so much better - They should put Scarlett O'Hara on the plate or something.

Florida and Pennsylvania need to remove those disgustingly tacky website references. Those also look horrible on state welcome signs and contribute nothing.
Agreed. Here were the choices for the new Georgia plates coming out this year. The people were allowed to vote.

New Georgia license plate designs look very Florida-ish | Atlanta News & Opinion Blog | Fresh Loaf | Creative Loafing Atlanta

Here is the winner.

https://etax.dor.ga.gov/tagcontest.aspx

I like tag 3. Especially since the winning tag looks nothing like my region of Georgia.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:22 PM

2,375 posts, read 1,609,535 times
The standard Massachusetts plate is pretty boring. The specialized plates though (Cape and the Islands, Preserve the Trust) are really nice looking.

Old 04-08-2012, 08:18 PM

2,920 posts, read 5,295,079 times
Worst plates: California, Virginia, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio (standard plates)

Old 05-28-2012, 10:08 PM

43 posts, read 33,832 times
I have to say the new Georgia tag is hideous.
http://www.gpb.org/files/imagecache/...te_of_ga_h.jpg

Last edited by JMT; 01-08-2014 at 03:59 PM..

Old 05-28-2012, 10:14 PM

601 posts, read 641,579 times
^
Not a fan of anything with too many colors and drawings. Simple and clean plates go with the car better too instead of sticking out like a sore thumb.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:18 PM

19 posts, read 21,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renner20 View Post
I have to say the new Georgia tag is hideous.

Looks like they took a page out of the Ohio book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City