Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you like better?
St Louis 77 35.65%
Denver 139 64.35%
Voters: 216. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:37 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,061,533 times

Advertisements

As far as the pictures of housing in St. Louis, very nice! Denver has the EXACT same thing in several locations! Try looking at the houses around the Zoo and Museum Of Science off Colorado. Exact same thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 12:50 PM

3,643 posts, read 10,688,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
As far as the pictures of housing in St. Louis, very nice! Denver has the EXACT same thing in several locations! Try looking at the houses around the Zoo and Museum Of Science off Colorado. Exact same thing!
I'm sure there are, but the rolling hills in St. Louis really add a lot. My friends said some of the suburbs reminded them of a ski resort town. Lots of trees & hills, along with nice little shops, and it was snowing when we went.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:46 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,786,267 times
St Louis vs Denver-ar.jpg

St Louis vs Denver-15917953.jpg

St Louis vs Denver-cherry-creek-estate.jpg

St Louis vs Denver-old-belcaro.jpg

St Louis vs Denver-799840a.jpg

Here are just a few cookie cutter homes in central Denver where the rednecks can blow a million dollars + alone for the lot to build on, FYI.. Highlands Ranch is not in Denver..

Old 01-05-2010, 03:02 PM

726 posts, read 2,139,475 times
I don't think there's even a comparison. Why would anyone want to move to St. Louis? Seriously? There's a ton of cities similar to St Louis that offer a much greater quality of life. Denver's a gem. There's a post today about murder rates and St Louis is near the top. No thanks.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:53 PM

270 posts, read 850,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choosing78 View Post
I don't think there's even a comparison. Why would anyone want to move to St. Louis? Seriously? There's a ton of cities similar to St Louis that offer a much greater quality of life. Denver's a gem. There's a post today about murder rates and St Louis is near the top. No thanks.
Why would anyone want to live in St. Louis over Denver? I'll take a stab at it....

We have more Fortune 1000 companies...

St. Louis and Suburbs: 20

Fortune 500 2009: States: Missouri Companies - FORTUNE on CNNMoney.com

Denver and Suburbs: 15

Fortune 500 2008: States - Colorado

Lower cost of Living....

St. Louis: 83.1

Denver: 101.7

I like both areas personally, but to say one area is outrageously better than the other is ridiculous.They are both great in their own way....

Old 01-05-2010, 04:11 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,747,236 times
St. Louis also has one of the top 3 zoos in the country (with free admission) as well as other fantastic cultural amenities. That's just part of it, but there are plenty of reasons to want to live in St. Louis.

As far as crime, St. Louis, like even Mayberry (Denver), has good and bad neighborhoods. Any major city has good and bad neighborhoods.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Attachment 55829

Attachment 55830

Attachment 55831

Attachment 55832

Attachment 55833

Here are just a few cookie cutter homes in central Denver where the rednecks can blow a million dollars + alone for the lot to build on, FYI.. Highlands Ranch is not in Denver..
FYI I didn't bring up Highlands Ranch, I was simply replying to someone who brought it up. No need for the sarcastic eye roll.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM

726 posts, read 2,139,475 times
Sounds Awesome! I love seeing beautiful animals caged! For free too!

Old 01-05-2010, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choosing78 View Post
St. Louis crime rates are inflated because it only includes the city of St. Louis which is a very small part of the metro area. 350,000 out of 2.8 million. Besides the north part of the city and East St. Louis across the river, the rest of the metro is pretty safe. If St. Louis city & county were counted as one, then the crime stats would look much different. It would have 1.3 million people & a population density comparable to other major cities.

Denver is combined with the county, so it's only fair to compare Denver to St. Louis city & county. I'm sure there would still be more crime in Stl, but no city is perfect.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:50 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,061,533 times
Denver mayberry? Please! St. Louis has always been one of the worst crime metros in the country! Don't try to play it up like it has not been! Sure there are a few areas that up the numbers. Fix it! Been that way for years, with no results. Look at the poll results already. Landslide. Lower cost of living because it is LESS DESIRABLE. Hell the only time my family ever stopped to visit the Arch and museum underneath it (cool place, did not even know of the museum) our vehicle was broke into, and all of our Christmas gifts stolen, and our dumb dog was left to wander around. You can defend the lou all you want, but it CANNOT compete with Denver as a whole. Sure it has some better parts, but not overall!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City