U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Most underrated?
Tampa 18 19.57%
Milwaukee 50 54.35%
Sacramento 24 26.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 06:19 PM

13,277 posts, read 12,797,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteffyGrad View Post
People in glass trailer homes shouldn't throw stones.

Nobody is saying that Tampa is not white trashy. But when someone from Milwaukee/Chicago/New Jersey/New York says that Tampa is too white trashy? Pot meet kettle. That is what I was responding to.
Those places are just the cold, redneck anthills that get overcrowded and supply all the transients to places like Florida and Arizona.
I don't want to add to the flame war, but some of what you said is true. I don't know how many times I've seen people down in Florida, who live in the trailer parks, who you would assume to think are Southerners, but when they speak a northeaster or Midwestern accent comes out. A decent(not all) amount of the trailer park dwellers in Florida are transplants. There has always been a big Northern transplant "white-trash" culture in Florida. I thought I was the only one who noticed that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 06:32 PM

Tampa is EASILY the most underrated of these cities. Metro of 4million, 4th largest in the Southeast, Great theme park(Busch Gardens Africa), Cuban themed party district with movie theater, restaurants, Arcades, and nightclubs(Ybor City), and also another party district(Channelside District) Another large city near by in the SAME metro with it's own fun and activities(St Petersburg population 200,000+), great beaches, port city, 3 professional MAJOR league sports teams, Tampa Bay Bucs(NFL), Tampa Bay Rays(MLB) Tampa Bay Lightning(NHL), also PLENTY of new High quality, and brand new lofts and high rise condominiums, and Tampa is only an our from Orlando. It's probably the most underrated city in Florida.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 PM

1,422 posts, read 1,740,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Tampa is EASILY the most underrated of these cities. Metro of 4million, 4th largest in the Southeast, Great theme park(Busch Gardens Africa), Cuban themed party district with movie theater, restaurants, Arcades, and nightclubs(Ybor City), and also another party district(Channelside District) Another large city near by in the SAME metro with it's own fun and activities(St Petersburg population 200,000+), great beaches, port city, 3 professional MAJOR league sports teams, Tampa Bay Bucs(NFL), Tampa Bay Rays(MLB) Tampa Bay Lightning(NHL), also PLENTY of new High quality, and brand new lofts and high rise condominiums, and Tampa is only an our from Orlando. It's probably the most underrated city in Florida.
I agree about Tampa being the most underrated city in Florida.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 PM

12,715 posts, read 18,657,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLABoyJ View Post
I agree about Tampa being the most underrated city in Florida.
So do I. I remember in my youth when Tampa was referred to as 'The Armpit of Florida'. How far that city has come...driving down Bayshore Blvd. is one of the great simple pleasures of my life.
I will say that all three cities here fall into the category of 'underrated'.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:27 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,780,760 times
You guys can keep telling yourselves whatever it takes to help you sleep at night. All of the rednecks who live Down South are really Northerners in disguise. The Confederacy actually won the Civil War. The South is the wealthiest, most educated region of the country. Etc, etc, etc.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:31 PM

981 posts, read 175,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
You guys can keep telling yourselves whatever it takes to help you sleep at night. All of the rednecks who live Down South are really Northerners in disguise. The Confederacy actually won the Civil War. The South is the wealthiest, most educated region of the country. Etc, etc, etc.
You have been shown that your assumptions were wrong. This post just shows bitterness.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 PM

12,715 posts, read 18,657,920 times
Quote:
Well, that's...I'm not really sure what that is, actually...

Old 01-04-2010, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Aren't you the one who said Tampa has alot of white trash?

Old 01-04-2010, 09:14 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,780,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Aren't you the one who said Tampa has alot of white trash?
Nope. Maybe you should actually read the treads before you respond to them.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:31 PM

32 posts, read 44,083 times
Quote:

Nobody stated that all rednecks from the South are Northerners. Go ahead and find please where someone says that. The way you are defending this Milwaukee City guy's post, and so annoyingly, is suspicious. Before you start forming opinions about something you have no clue about, try living in Tampa or central Florida in general. Yes, there are alot of so called white trash there. Yes many of them are from the midwest and east. There is no reason for someone from Milwaukee to rip on Tampa as being very white trashy. Milwaukee has a good amount of hicks and trash and really no room to talk. Chicago, given its huge population and connections to migration has a ton more white trash than most cities. So climb down from Mt. Superior will ya?

Last edited by SteffyGrad; 01-04-2010 at 10:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City