U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Most underrated?
Tampa 19 20.21%
Milwaukee 50 53.19%
Sacramento 25 26.60%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 PM

628 posts, read 977,163 times

Advertisements

This is a very strange thread to say the least. The description of Milwaukee by
SteffyGrad is not correct. It's not even close. Jjacobeclark is almost spot on with the white population of Milwaukee. I would add city employees and older whites also. They are two very small mobile home parks in the city on the far south side. I'm sure most Milwaukee residents don't even realize they are there. There is a small population of lower social economic whites on the lower south side, but a small percent of the overall population. Saying Milwaukee has a large white trash population makes as much sense as saying Tokyo has a large black population. It doesn't make any sense. The lower social economic class in Milwaukee is overwhelmingly non white. Most whites in Milwaukee are at least middle class and above. Not at all white trash.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 01:56 PM

6,862 posts, read 12,295,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteffyGrad View Post
you even tried to balance out your insult with a backhanded compliment about others telling you Tampa's a great place.
I wouldn't call it an insult when I said it just appeared to be trashy. An insult would be "Is Trashy"

Quote:
Then, I gave my opinion which is also fine. It included some facts about many citizens of the northern cities (live in urban trailer parks, furniture on porches, people stuck in the 80s, mullets, older model rusted out cars, trixies still trying to look like Paris Hilton, "whiggers" trying to rap about their white plight) Other posters agreed with me. If you live in a glass trailer park, don't throw stones. This apllies to YOU.
I have never seen what you are describing...ever!

Quote:
White trash is an American thing today, not just a southern thing although the term was especially used in the south early on. Redneck is still exclusively a southern thing. Dig?
What are we splittin' hairs here?

Quote:
Head up to the Philly Way in Milwaukee. Check out the trash running the counter if they are still there (probably).
Oh the best Philly shop outside of Philly as rated by Philly Magazine? yeah everyone their is from Philly and no they aren't even close to white trash.

Quote:
Go to Real Chili and check out the crowd. What about Miss Katy's Diner? White trash any time I 've been.
Okay Real Chili doesn't attract the highest of clientele but Miss Katy's is not even close to white trash.

Quote:
I don't know how many trailer parks and white trash corner bars I saw in Milwaukee. Maybe hundreds?
LMAO! as far as I know their is only one trailer park in Milwaukee and it's for seniors only and it's not white trash, the trailers are all kept up really nice.

This might be proof that you have no idea what the Hell you are talking about...Hundreds? laughable!

Quote:
Here is a nice definition of the white trash male for you. Perhaps you can find the midwest connections...
I am curious what your perception is white trash is? all white people who make less than 200K a year? More Chicago/Midwest trashing coming from the east coast. What do you know yet another east coast stereo type confirmed!

Old 01-05-2010, 02:13 PM

33 posts, read 67,529 times
Tampa is most underrated.

Milwaukee is most overrated.

Old 01-05-2010, 02:16 PM

6,862 posts, read 12,295,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford101 View Post

Yup same person...I'm done with rockford and Steffygrad and whatever other name he or she has. Why not just have a screen name of "NEW YORK IS BETTER THAN YOUR CITY"

Old 01-05-2010, 03:03 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,983,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
I am curious what your perception is white trash is? all white people who make less than 200K a year? More Chicago/Midwest trashing coming from the east coast. What do you know yet another east coast stereo type confirmed!
I don't think she is from the East Coast because she said NY/NJ was full of white-trash just like Chicago/Milwaukee. I'm not sure where she's from. Narnia, perhaps?

Old 01-05-2010, 03:09 PM

1,698 posts, read 2,023,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockford101 View Post

Yeeeahh - hi Dementor.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:11 PM

1,698 posts, read 2,023,627 times
Interesting that the Milwaukee metro has three of highest income counties in the U.S. Obviously, SteffyGrad has NEVER been to Milwaukee. Why do people misrepresent themselves? It's so easy to become who you want when you're anonymous, and bash to your heart's content. Says something about character (or lack thereof).

Old 01-05-2010, 08:22 PM

80 posts, read 139,930 times
Default WTF happened to this thread!!!!!!!

WOW, Mil City, What the hell did you start!? LOL J/K

I'm from Kenosha,WI and have spent some time in Milwaukee obviously, since I lived in K-town for 27 years.

I don't even know where to start here. I've seen threads go in the crapper, but this one, jeez!

I'm going to defend both of these places, since I have now lived in St. Pete, just south of Tampa, for 5 years now.

As for the mullet thing Steffy Grad, you obviously have never been to Pinellas Park, FL. Nice people though.

There are plenty of people sportin mullets in FL. I guarantee you more than Milwaukee and Chicago. That's just ridiculous

I don't ever remember seeing a trailer park ANYWHERE in Milwaukee. In Florida they're EVERYWHERE!

But, of course, not everyone that lives in a mobile home is "white trash" anyways. There are plenty of people that live in them to live cheap. And then there are all the 55 and up parks.

Milwaukee IS underrated. Those who haven't spent time there don't have a clue.

SO much good food, great bars, all the "Fests", WI State Fair, plenty of awesome neighborhoods, I could go on and on.

At the same time, Tampa is also underrated to a degree. There's some really nice things about Tampa. Similar to Milwaukee, alot of people don't know a thing about it.

Now, as far as the white trash thing, yes there are white trash EVERYWHERE! So I don't really see the point of arguing that. Yeah there are white trash natives and white trash tranplants. SO F'in WHAT!

Hopefully, this thread gets back on track.

Both Milwaukee and Tampa are great cities in their own right.

I happen to prefer Milwaukee for my own reasons, and would say it is the more underrated city.

Old 01-06-2010, 03:23 AM

449 posts, read 569,171 times
I'd say Milwaukee is the most underrated. Though I can certainly see how Sacramento would be underrated as well.

As for those making the claims about white trash in Tampa v. Milwaukee, I don't think you can make a claim about a city's population on a 4 day visit, but it's also completely absurd to claim that Milwaukee is known as "mulletwaukee" - I lived in WI for 4 years and never heard that term. I'm not sure I saw a single trailer park in all of WI over the course of my time there either. WI is generally a well-educated state.

Old 01-06-2010, 05:12 AM

13,342 posts, read 13,538,931 times
Well for me, depending on EVERYTHING metro Tampa has, it's GREATLY underrated. How does a city have 3 pro sports teams, GREAT theme parks, GREAT beaches, another big city in it's metro, a metro of 4million, host a couple of Super Bowls, have great party districts, good museums, 2 international airports in it's metro, and not get talked about as much as it should. Tampa is TRULY underrated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City