Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver vs. New york City
Denver(Mile High City) 38 29.69%
New York City(Big Apple) 90 70.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:03 PM

631 posts, read 1,569,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
west indians stand up!

thats the west indian day parade.

all my puerto ricans stand up. puerto rican day parade:

did i mention that nyc has more puerto ricans than san juan?

still didn't get your latin fix? ok. dominican day parade:
The only reason it's like that homie boi is because it's cheaper for them to end up in NYC than Denver. As odd as it sounds that's how it is. Plus they got family there from the days of mass immigration, something that never affected Denver due to it's unfortunately isolated location.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,691,623 times
^it doesn't matter why its like that it matters that its like that. you want diversity; we have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon-krate32 View Post
Okay, I see a lot of fireworks and parties...doesn't every city have that?
that was just part one, like i said.

also consider the scale that those pics are on. that is a small, very small section of manhattan. also consider that ny is on a world scale. that is something you see on cnn. denver is not on that scale at all. now i will break down the other things the OP lists in his first post in my next post.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:07 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times
Quote:
west indians stand up!

thats the west indian day parade.

all my puerto ricans stand up. puerto rican day parade:

did i mention that nyc has more puerto ricans than san juan?

still didn't get your latin fix? ok. dominican day parade:
Again nice but look at this from Denver:

http://www.denvertwospirit.com/images/Pride/grouppride.jpg (broken link)

http://regent.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341...7f72970c-800wi

Denver has the largest gay pride celebrations in the Rocky mountain Region and one of the largest in the country!

Talk about diversity!

Old 01-07-2010, 08:09 PM
eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Again nice but look at this from Denver:

http://www.denvertwospirit.com/images/Pride/grouppride.jpg (broken link)

http://regent.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341...7f72970c-800wi

Talk about diversity!
listen...i'm not trying to say that you don't have diversity over there.

it is NOT in any way shape or form on the scale of the diversity that you'd find here. period. its not debatable. factually speaking, queens alone has more diversity than all of colorado.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:

it is NOT in any way shape or form on the scale of the diversity that you'd find here. period. its not debatable. factually speaking, queens alone has more diversity than all of colorado.
Then let's see you prove it. Keep in mind that Colorado is 5 million strong. It may be empty but not THAT empty.

And if you can't then there's only one thing left to say:

To each his own, brotha, to each his own.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:13 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,350,175 times
Quote:

What's not debatable is that Denver has everything NYC has on a smaller scale and IMO bigger is not always better. So while we have said NYC is more fun to visit I still argue that Denver has everything NYC has thus is just as good if not better then NYC to live.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
What's not debatable is that Denver has everything NYC has on a smaller scale and IMO bigger is not always better. So while we have said NYC is more fun to visit I still argue that Denver has everything NYC has thus is just as good if not better then NYC to live.
You left out the part about us having REAL mountains compared to their speed bumps

Old 01-07-2010, 08:17 PM
eek

since you took it there...

http://www.avert.org/photo_library/images/normal_photo_no_2072.jpg (broken link)
any nyer knows about this area...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtjiMEnZyJg

Old 01-07-2010, 08:19 PM
eek

Quote:
that is just not true. i'm starting off with a few pics. a few. i haven't even started explaining anything, really.

i'm one person and i'm eating a frank right now and trying to fight hunger and post at the same time. give me a chance to actually post, here.

denver does not have everything that ny has, period. you might have some similar things on a smaller scale but the city of denver just does not offer everything that ny has. i'm sorry.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
that is just not true. i'm starting off with a few pics. a few. i haven't even started explaining anything, really.

i'm one person and i'm eating a frank right now and trying to fight hunger and post at the same time. give me a chance to actually post, here.

denver does not have everything that ny has, period. you might have some similar things on a smaller scale but the city of denver just does not offer everything that ny has. i'm sorry.
Again, WRONG. If you have ever been here you'd know that. Our music scene is really only surpassed by that of LA's at this point. I can only name two 'mainstream' bands from NYC whereas I can name nearly a dozen from Denver. Our sporting arenas are world class.

Also, the SCENERY in Denver beats the crud outta NYC any day of the year! NYC just can't handle the might of the Rocky Mountains; a man-made skyline just doesn't beat a natural one that makes even NYC look insignificant and young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City