Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Denver vs. New york City
Denver(Mile High City) 38 29.69%
New York City(Big Apple) 90 70.31%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:58 PM

2,943 posts, read 5,071,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon-krate32 View Post
Again, WRONG. If you have ever been here you'd know that. Our music scene is really only surpassed by that of LA's at this point. I can only name two 'mainstream' bands from NYC whereas I can name nearly a dozen from Denver. Our sporting arenas are world class.

Also, the SCENERY in Denver beats the crud outta NYC any day of the year! NYC just can't handle the might of the Rocky Mountains; a man-made skyline just doesn't beat a natural one that makes even NYC look insignificant and young.
Wow. Other than the Fray, what famous musicians, artists, or bands have come out of Denver? NYC literally has thousands. I guess you've never heard of Jay-Z or John Mayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 10:00 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Come on duke
NYC and Denver are among the top 1% of the top 1% cities in the world. I would say that makes it a world class city.

Hell, even at 150,000 people, Pueblo can claim that. World Class City is a overused definition, IMO.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:01 PM

631 posts, read 1,574,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacobeclark View Post
I disagree. This is precisely the attitude I came across time after time while living in Denver.
So for having extreme pride in our state and city you say we have our heads in the clouds? (no pun intended)

If you want to flame us for having pride then go for it.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Denver's got museums left and right. Plus our Union Station is one of the best in the country as well since you mentioned trains.

And I'm not gonna say that NYC is just an urban jungle. But I WILL say that it can't touch the beauty of the Rockies.
Union Station is literally served by one train route, twice a day. Once on its from Chicago to SF and again on its way back.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:07 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
NYC and Denver are among the top 1% of the top 1% cities in the world. I would say that makes it a world class city.

Hell, even at 150,000 people, Pueblo can claim that. World Class City is a overused definition, IMO.
The only cities that can compete with new york is paris,tokyo and london.......................denver?

Old 01-07-2010, 10:08 PM

10 posts, read 14,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
come on, now.

denver vs nyc. really?? like really?? seriously?.

Yeah, he has a right to like Denver better but you have the right not to bite and ignore. Of course this thread is absurd as we all know New York has much better...... wait a second, I am not biting

By the way, does the OP realize that this thread is embarassing for Denver? If you want more try Rockies vs. Yankees thread. Good luck.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:09 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
Quote:
So for having extreme pride in our state and city you say we have our heads in the clouds? (no pun intended)

If you want to flame us for having pride then go for it.
Is not that, what we are saying here is that Denver cannot be compared to NYC in any certain way. Now if you say LA or NYC thats comparable... It would be a better comparison Denver vs Seattle or charlotte, but not NYC. Lastly, NYC is so much powerful than Denver.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Denver is a city and county as well as the state capitol of Colorado. So Capitol Park is by Capitol Hill where most of the goverment offices are. That is, also, known as the gay part of town so it is very diverse.
You have no idea what you're talking about. There is no such park as Capitol Park. There's City Park, where the zoo and museum are located, and there's Civic Center Park, where the Capitol and Civic Center are located. Denver's gay community is centered around Cheesman Park.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Union Station is literally served by one train route, twice a day. Once on its from Chicago to SF and again on its way back.
Union Station is the new center for Mass Transit in the Denver area and possibly the station for the proposed High Speed rail that could be built from Denver to Pueblo and possibly El Paso Texas.

http://i394.photobucket.com/albums/pp25/josseppie/unionstation.png (broken link)

From RTD. The plans for the expansion.

A nice shot of the skyline from jesneg1000 on flicker

Old 01-07-2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about. There is no such park as Capitol Park. There's City Park, where the zoo and museum are located, and there's Civic Center Park, where the Capitol and Civic Center are located. Denver's gay community is centered around Cheesman Park.
Cheeseman Park is the gay park but that is not where gay pride is. That is at Civic Center Park in Capitol Hill. I always called it Capitol Park just as a nick name, my bad for not being percise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City