Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best nightlife city
Los Angeles 16 12.90%
Miami 28 22.58%
New York City 63 50.81%
Other 17 13.71%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 PM

486 posts, read 1,030,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I still don't consider nightlife to be places filled with tourist and bachelor/bachelorette parties.

Does anybody else agree?

When I view a cities nightlife, I view it from the standpoint of, If I lived there. Maybe my perception is just different than everybody elses. When you live one of those cities though, you avoid those spots like the plague. Your "nightlife" options would be much different than a tourist's
I agree 100%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 09:04 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,789,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
some of the better clubs, arguably the best (such as space) are actually in miami proper... the winter music conf and ultra also is right next to downtown miami in bayfront park as are all the other venues that go on there.

i voted other though, its las vegas.
Wow, I never realized that.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:25 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,955,284 times
I think Las Vegas is becoming second.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:48 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,122,924 times
Las Vegas

Old 01-11-2010, 01:19 PM

403 posts, read 1,389,314 times
NYC. No other city allows you to just LIVE whenever you want. It's one thing to have clubs and parties late night, its another entirely to offer that AND a full spectrum of amenities to your residents at all hours. NYC does this better than anybody.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:09 PM

648 posts, read 1,611,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
You keep patting yourself on the back for not "being politically correct," but you're failing to realize that that is not what people are taking issue with. Its that what you say is completely ignorant, and WE'RE not making sure not to step on YOUR toes. There's no fear here; you've really got everything twisted in thinking you're just being ballsy and standing by your point of view. Your perspective is disturbingly flawed and you're as closed-minded as they come. You're completely incapable of even considering a differing perspective, or at least on here that's what you have shown.

So get over yourself, and realize that no one here is taking issue with you being blunt. When you make comments that are just straight ignorant, people will respond and correct you. This has nothing to do with "being P.C." It has to do with being factual. If someone came on here and said something dumb like, "half of all Russian males are inbred and child molesters," that would be incorrect and ignorant, right? Wouldn't you be motivated to correct that person? Well this is about as bad as you're coming off to the rest of us, so take a look at yourself. I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt that you don't intend to be offensive for the most part, but I don't think you comprehend why people have problems with what you're saying.
Nobody must worry about stepping on my toes. Without disagreements life would be boring... this site would be boring. But it is you people who are putting on political correctness to make sure everybody is pleased with your stupid top 10 lists and all of that stupid things. Then you all have your little "honorable mentions" after you list the top 10 cities for nightlife because you did not have enough room because you all must find something nice to say about a city that didn't make the top 10 like Houston because you will get Houston people come and call you out because their city is so big it must be in the top 10 list in their mind. It is ridiculous. The honesty here is maybe 10% of the people. The rest of you only comment to please, or you are biased, and are afraid to call any place boring because 1) you will have the other hippies on here after you and 2) the moderators will watch you like a hawk waiting for you to slip up.

That is what I have been called out for. I am free to call LA smoggy and dirty and it has brown hills if I want to. It is ugly. If you do not like it, deal with it. You can call Miami ugly if you want to and NY is dirty if you want to. I do not care as long as it is the truth. Saying LA is better nightlife than Miami is not the truth, justcause.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:27 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,789,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
Nobody must worry about stepping on my toes. Without disagreements life would be boring... this site would be boring. But it is you people who are putting on political correctness to make sure everybody is pleased with your stupid top 10 lists and all of that stupid things. Then you all have your little "honorable mentions" after you list the top 10 cities for nightlife because you did not have enough room because you all must find something nice to say about a city that didn't make the top 10 like Houston because you will get Houston people come and call you out because their city is so big it must be in the top 10 list in their mind. It is ridiculous. The honesty here is maybe 10% of the people. The rest of you only comment to please, or you are biased, and are afraid to call any place boring because 1) you will have the other hippies on here after you and 2) the moderators will watch you like a hawk waiting for you to slip up.

That is what I have been called out for. I am free to call LA smoggy and dirty and it has brown hills if I want to. It is ugly. If you do not like it, deal with it. You can call Miami ugly if you want to and NY is dirty if you want to. I do not care as long as it is the truth. Saying LA is better nightlife than Miami is not the truth, justcause.
But if we weren't being PC when talking about NYC then things would change, and you would be acting just like everybody else. The term PC is being thrown around too much, when some one doesn't agree with you. "LA is only filled with bums, ugly people, and idiots", "That's not true", "Yes it is, you're just being PC!!!!"

Old 01-11-2010, 03:25 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,443,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post

It is a very, very odd little world you live in. Where did this idea of everyone being "PC" on here come from? People bash each other's cities left and right on here, are you high?? There is a HUGE lack of Political Correctness on this site, and that's why most of these threads devolve into so much bickering. How are you this clueless?

Who ever gives Houston a break?? Houston is possibly the most bashed city on this entire forum, genius! LOL you constantly have no idea what you're talking about. Ever stop to think that maybe these people you've given examples of actually feel the way they were talking?? "Honorable mention" would be b/c they also wanted to include those cities but there were too many to fit the limits of the list; no one is "afraid" they're going to get pounced on! Man you're ridiculous. If people were afraid to not be PC why would everyone be jumping all over you for all the dumb crap you keep saying?

Man I don't even want to keep responding to what you have to say, but your posts just keep showing up and they're getting dumber and dumber. Smh.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:01 PM

1,160 posts, read 2,946,214 times
It really depends on the kind of nightlife you are looking for. NYC, LA, and Miami are all pretty equal overall, as each city has its strengths and weaknesses when it comes to nightlife. Other cities worth mentioning for great nightlife are Las Vegas, New Orleans, Chicago, and DC.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:17 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,263,075 times
Las Vegas should be on the ballot. But I would still say the obvious. NYC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City