U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Best nightlife city
Los Angeles 16 12.90%
Miami 28 22.58%
New York City 63 50.81%
Other 17 13.71%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-09-2010, 12:20 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
4,085 posts, read 7,452,775 times
Reputation: 2641

Advertisements

Las Vegas - their nightlife goes all night long in more places than in NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2010, 12:27 PM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,989 posts, read 29,807,479 times
Reputation: 7244
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
Boston yes it is diverse. But Austin revolves around nightlife. And what do you consider a significant amount of time?
Austin revolves around UT more than nightlife. University of Texas plays a large role in Austin's nightlife. Its nightlife beats out probably all the major cities in Texas. Fort Worth has decent nightlife though surprisingly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Soon to be Southlake, TX
648 posts, read 1,373,559 times
Reputation: 373
I don't know how much time I have spent in LA exactly. I have gone with my father when he was on business in LA many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Houston
2,026 posts, read 3,583,314 times
Reputation: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianIvanov View Post
I don't know how much time I have spent in LA exactly. I have gone with my father when he was on business in LA many times.
It seems like you've been to LA quite a bit. I'll have to take your word for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 05:55 PM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 9,999,305 times
Reputation: 4228
If your not over 21, maybe you shouldn't post. Not calling out any posters, just trying to get better feedback from the thread.

I've partied in NYC (East Village, West Village, Meat Packing)
LA (Hollywood Blvd, Sunset, Key Club, a few lounges)
no so much in Miami so I can't really say. Been to the Delano with my sister but it was an upscale party, lots of celebs but not really my scene.

Out of those 3 choices.

1) NYC
2) LA
3) Miami

Out of the entire country

1) NYC
2) Chicago
3) LA
4) Vegas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 05:57 PM
 
981 posts, read 600,440 times
Reputation: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
If your not over 21, maybe you shouldn't post. Not calling out any posters, just trying to get better feedback from the thread.

I've partied in NYC (East Village, West Village, Meat Packing)
LA (Hollywood Blvd, Sunset, Key Club, a few lounges)
no so much in Miami so I can't really say. Been to the Delano with my sister but it was an upscale party, lots of celebs but not really my scene.

Out of those 3 choices.

1) NYC
2) LA
3) Miami

Out of the entire country

1) NYC
2) Chicago
3) LA
4) Vegas
LOL at Chicago's inclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 PM
 
Location: USA
13,266 posts, read 9,999,305 times
Reputation: 4228
^^ That's my opinion.

Chicago is one of the only cities where it's actually affordable to go out whenever you feel like it, and for there to be enough entertainment to keep things fresh IMO. I don't consider nightlife something tourist driven. I consider it something locally driven. Most locals prefer to go to night spots filled with locals.

If I only went with things to do per capita after dark, then Vegas might win. But If I lived in Vegas I would probably get tired of the scene. NYC has the most options available , but how much would you have to make to actually go out 3-4 times a week and really have fun? Miami's scene is different from other parts of the country, but it caters to the famous and wealthy too much for my taste. Chicago has 2nd best nightlife in the country IMO. In the summertime, Chicago parties all day some days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 08:00 PM
 
14,007 posts, read 21,974,419 times
Reputation: 4087
Quote:
Originally Posted by muman View Post
More than NYC? This thread was about the nightlife capital of the U.S. I'm sure there's no city in the U.S. with more available nightlife than New York. The numbers don't lie.
Yeah those numbers are probably because of the OTHER things NYC has to offer. Alot of people go to NYC not only for nightlife, but for history, tourism etc, etc. LV is the ONLY city I know of that people go there STRICTLY for the NIGHTlife. So yes, maybe I was wrong, New Yorks numbers MIGHT lie. They don't call it sin city for nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 08:01 PM
 
981 posts, read 600,440 times
Reputation: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
^^ That's my opinion.

Chicago is one of the only cities where it's actually affordable to go out whenever you feel like it, and for there to be enough entertainment to keep things fresh IMO. I don't consider nightlife something tourist driven. I consider it something locally driven. Most locals prefer to go to night spots filled with locals.

If I only went with things to do per capita after dark, then Vegas might win. But If I lived in Vegas I would probably get tired of the scene. NYC has the most options available , but how much would you have to make to actually go out 3-4 times a week and really have fun? Miami's scene is different from other parts of the country, but it caters to the famous and wealthy too much for my taste. Chicago has 2nd best nightlife in the country IMO. In the summertime, Chicago parties all day some days.
I can accept your opinion; I just wouldn't put Chicago 2nd to NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2010, 08:04 PM
 
14,007 posts, read 21,974,419 times
Reputation: 4087
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Las Vegas - their nightlife goes all night long in more places than in NYC.
Exactly!!!! And LV goes more then Miami and LA included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top