Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is best known?
Fort Collins 0 0%
Greeley 0 0%
Boulder 62 53.45%
Aurora 1 0.86%
Colorado Springs 52 44.83%
Pueblo 1 0.86%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,935,390 times

Advertisements

I'm not an expert in armor either, as most of your terms and model numbers are completely foreign to me. I do have a working knowledge of American MBTs, and some foreign as well.
Wow, now this thread is really off topic!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 09:36 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,791,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Maybe its just me but other then a long way of saying the Springs is a military city while Pueblo and Denver are not while telling me you do not like Pueblo I don't get the point of this thread.

We already said the Springs is a military city so that is not new and I can care less who likes or does not like Pueblo as we all have the kind of city we like and don't like.
Jossepie I don't like Pueblo because Imo it's aesthetically unappealing. I have spent too much of my life wasted to not live in a place I enjoy as far as scenery..I must of misunderstood your post,,well actually I have had more than a few beers..so I didn't gather the fault line..even still CS is more recognized than Pueblo..I don't care how you spin it..but just for you Josseppie..even though I have not been to Pueblo in years..I just might visit,,just for you..that's really saying something..cuz..I really don't like that place.. Again not an attack on you though my friend..you are persistent..

Old 01-21-2010, 09:41 PM

12,259 posts, read 24,374,175 times
The interesting thing is Pueblo is not known as a military city yet we are a important city to the defense of the county.

1) Pueblo is still home to the Pueblo Chemical Depot and they are destroying all the mustard gas bombs there. Also, there is talk of reopening it to help support Fort Carson as it expands.

2) Fort Carson does extend into Pueblo county and they will add a Southern gate to make it easier to commute to and from Pueblo. Also, Pueblo Springs is being developed in part because of Fort Carson.

3) The first level USAF pilot training school is in Pueblo at the airport. It is the only one of its kind in the country and it considered a base with its own flag. So it is the smallest base in the world.

4) The transportation Test center east of Pueblo is a major research and training facility for thousands of people a year in homeland security. Here is their web page:

http://www.aar.com/

Old 01-21-2010, 09:45 PM

631 posts, read 1,570,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Nobody is forcing you to read the posts on this thread. If anyone representing any of the other cities wanted to join the discussion, they'd be welcome. As it stands, the only two cities anyone wants to discuss is Colorado Springs and Pueblo. Try to have a little more courtesy.
I'm aware of that however the discussions don't have anything really to do with the original question at hand. Besides, I'm the OP.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:45 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,791,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
The interesting thing is Pueblo is not known as a military city yet we are a important city to the defense of the county.

1) Pueblo is still home to the Pueblo Chemical Depot and they are destroying all the mustard gas bombs there. Also, there is talk of reopening it to help support Fort Carson as it expands.

2) Fort Carson does extend into Pueblo county and they will add a Southern gate to make it easier to commute to and from Pueblo. Also, Pueblo Springs is being developed in part because of Fort Carson.

3) The first level USAF pilot training school is in Pueblo at the airport. It is the only one of its kind in the country and it considered a base with its own flag. So it is the smallest base in the world.

4) The transportation Test center east of Pueblo is a major research and training facility for thousands of people a year in homeland security. Here is their web page:

http://www.aar.com/

Seriously, do you work for the city? I'm just saying..your over the top almost..I know you love Pueblo, but damn..here let me say Pueblo,Pueblo,Pueblo Pueblo,Pueblo a few more times...

Old 01-21-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eon-krate32 View Post
I'm aware of that however the discussions don't have anything really to do with the original question at hand. Besides, I'm the OP.
Yes but we are the only ones keeping this thread alive and that keeps in the top. If not for us this thread would of been long gone by now. So this way people keep looking at it and voting, they even post here and there.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
Seriously, do you work for the city? I'm just saying..your over the top almost..I know you love Pueblo, but damn..here let me say Pueblo,Pueblo,Pueblo Pueblo,Pueblo a few more times...
LOL no I don't work for the city but I get that question all the time. I just love my town and have no problems telling anyone who will listen. That is why I found this site and continue to post here.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:58 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,494,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipchik View Post
In answer to questions as to why the University of CO is referred to as CU...
From the CU Buffs site:
Why is the University of Colorado known as CU and not UC or U of C?
The same applies at Kansas-KU, Missouri-MU, Nebraska-NU, Oklahoma-OU and Denver-DU. "Midwestern casualness," says former CU historian Fred Casotti. It has always been this way at the University of Colorado, for whatever reason, and at the other five listed above--but seemingly nowhere else in the USA. In the 1950s, there was a concerted effort to eliminate the use of "CU" on the Boulder campus, both as a symbol and in speech, but Casotti said that no one would buy into it. "It's easier to say than U of C, UC sounds like slang or something (as in 'you see'), and it was traditional. By trying to eliminate it, they reinforced it."

A friend who works there told me that he always thought it was to avoid confusion with the University of California. Their campuses are referred to as "UC"; UCLA, UC Davis, UC Berkeley, etc.
That might be true, but it kinda makes me laugh....mostly because it's something that I've had to get used to because I am from CA and my daughter is thinking about transferring to Colorado State University, Fort Collins. CSU in Ft. Collins goes along with all of the state schools in California, but they mostly have nicknames...... i.e. California State University, San Jose is called San Jose State. It's also called CSUSJ. California State University, Chico is called Chico State, CSUC, etc. (It gets tricky when they start up a new school with the same initials, so they just extend it a bit, such as CSUCI, California State University, Channel Islands). Another is called California State University, Sacramento, CSUS, which is called Sac State. Fresno State is called CSUF, and it's different (reversed) from SFSU, which is San Francisco State University.....LOL California has a lot of them, (somewhere close to 25), and I believe Colorado just has 2, (Ft. C. and Pueblo), but still, it takes getting used to.... btw: UC Berkeley is also known as CAL...

Greeley has a university, but it's not known as a great town.....

Boulder and Fort Collins are great towns with great universities.....so, I think they tie for first.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 PM

That is the same in Colorado.

Colorado State University - Pueblo is called CSUP

and

The University of Colorado at Colotrado Springs is called UCCS

Last edited by Josseppie; 02-02-2010 at 07:23 PM..

Old 04-12-2010, 01:52 AM

10,138 posts, read 15,954,133 times
Colorado Springs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City