U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which state has better food?
California 152 68.16%
Georgia 71 31.84%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 11:01 AM

8,904 posts, read 5,872,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Well like I said that was almost 30 years ago and I was pointing out to her I could remember names of restaurants from way back when she couldn't remember from 2 years ago,oh well I see what type of a person she is and hope to never cross her post or threads ever.

I just don't remember the places I've eaten at. I remember a couple restaurants I ate at in Las Vegas that were phenomenal from 4 years ago, but I can't remember the places I ate at in, say, St. Louis from just two winters ago. It was just sub-par and nothing worth remembering. I don't know how that's difficult for people to understand. You think Atlanta has world class restaurants, so of course you're going to remember the names of the places you ate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 11:05 AM

4,236 posts, read 5,459,366 times
If you're coming from somewhere that is known for bagels and pizza, then why would you go somewhere that's known for something else and complain about it. hmmm? Then again if she had the best Pizza in the world in Atlanta she wouldn't admit it because it didn't come from NY or CA.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:07 AM

7,732 posts, read 6,728,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
If you're coming from somewhere that is known for bagels and pizza, then why would you go somewhere that's known for something else and complain about it. hmmm? Then again if she had the best Pizza in the world in Atlanta she wouldn't admit it because it didn't come from NY or CA.
LOL! Sounds about right.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:09 AM

8,904 posts, read 5,872,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post

Because all my local small town friends want to go there and claim it's good pizza/bagels.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:18 AM

7,413 posts, read 2,812,433 times
Some people seem to get overly emotional on this thread. The issue is food and what each state is characterized for. We know that Georgia probably has all the same chain restaurants that California has & that Atlanta probably has some very fine restaurants. But the difference is what do people eat and how the two states may differ. Southern food in general is not healthy food due to too much starch\ calories\ fat content\ cooking. It is not as healthy as what a typical person would eat in California. Most of what is grown in California is shipped out to the rest of the nation\ world but the availability of very diverse & very nutritious crops for the average Californian can not be matched in Georgia or anywhere in the U.S. Its a simple fact of life that food is produced in huge amounts in California & its citizens have more of the fresh & healthy products grown here.

No put-down on Georgia but Southern food is basically not healthy food, period!

Old 01-22-2010, 11:18 AM

1,712 posts, read 1,809,979 times
In these "which state has better food threads" there should be a footnote. Anyone voting should have actually eaten food in both states at least several times to vote since food actually has to be tasted for the opinion to be valid.

Hearing it from someone else does not count

Old 01-22-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Because all my local small town friends want to go there and claim it's good pizza/bagels.
Still, that's like me going to New York and complaining about Creole or Vietnamese food. Same thing with California and all the ethnic places they have.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:23 AM

7,732 posts, read 6,728,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Some people seem to get overly emotional on this thread. The issue is food and what each state is characterized for. We know that Georgia probably has all the same chain restaurants that California has & that Atlanta probably has some very fine restaurants. But the difference is what do people eat and how the two states may differ. Southern food in general is not healthy food due to too much starch\ calories\ fat content\ cooking. It is not as healthy as what a typical person would eat in California. Most of what is grown in California is shipped out to the rest of the nation\ world but the availability of very diverse & very nutritious crops for the average Californian can not be matched in Georgia or anywhere in the U.S. Its a simple fact of life that food is produced in huge amounts in California & its citizens have more of the fresh & healthy products grown here.

No put-down on Georgia but Southern food is basically not healthy food, period!
All good points. Don't fool yourself into thinking that people here eat the unhealthy stuff every day, though.

After lot's of visits to the Southland, I am absolutely convinced I could make a fortune there with an authentic Southern restaurant. It is very hard to find "good" Southern food outside of the region, and there is a market for it.

Oh, and btw, we don't share all of the same chains. We just got el Pollo Loco, and we still do not have Marie Callender's or In and Out.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
After lot's of visits to the Southland, I am absolutely convinced I could make a fortune there with an authentic Southern restaurant.
:
Start one here and I'd make you rich myself.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:27 AM

7,413 posts, read 2,812,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
All good points. Don't fool yourself into thinking that people here eat the unhealthy stuff every day, though.

After lot's of visits to the Southland, I am absolutely convinced I could make a fortune there with an authentic Southern restaurant. It is very hard to find "good" Southern food outside of the region, and there is a market for it.

Oh, and btw, we don't share all of the same chains. We just got el Pollo Loco, and we still do not have Marie Callender's or In and Out.
Do you have El Pollo Pepes, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City