Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state has better food?
California 225 71.43%
Georgia 90 28.57%
Voters: 315. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:11 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,247,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I never really liked In-N-Out. I miss Fatburger like crazy!

I do miss Rubio's Fish Tacos too. I also miss El Pollo Loco's BBQ beans.

But other than that, Dallas has almost every offering you can get in LA. Im sure Atlanta does too.

We have El Pollo Loco and Fatburger here in Atlanta!

I never liked Fatburger though. I thought their beef was the equivalent to eating a burnt shoe.

YMMV of course. Whenever I go out to LA to visit my relatives out there, the first place I usually go to is In-N-Out or Rubio's.

When I lived in San Diego, there were all sorts of great Fish-Taco places. I've been on Buford Hwy out here and still can't find the "perfect" fish taco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
Have you tried La Fonda's fish tacos? If not, you should give them a try.
Well I know where I'll be going for my "cheat" day. The ones at Taqueria Del Sol weren't too bad, but it just wasn't the same, LOL

Old 01-21-2010, 10:13 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,800,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
We have El Pollo Loco and Fatburger here in Atlanta!

I never liked Fatburger though. I thought their beef was the equivalent to eating a burnt shoe.

YMMV of course. Whenever I go out to LA to visit my relatives out there, the first place I usually go to is In-N-Out or Rubio's.

When I lived in San Diego, there were all sorts of great Fish-Taco places. I've been on Buford Hwy out here and still can't find the "perfect" fish taco.
I just finally had a burger at Five Guys in Atlanta...a little expensive for burgers, but well worth it.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:14 AM

4,194 posts, read 11,688,532 times
Quote:

But other than that, Dallas has almost every offering you can get in LA. Im sure Atlanta does too.
I don't get why people make such a big deal about in-n-out, i ate there when i was in CA last and it wasn't anything special

Old 01-21-2010, 10:21 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,058 times
Quote:

did you know that there are like 8 el pollo locos in metro atlanta, while i think there are fewer than that in the entire state of texas. that makes no sense to me

but el pollo loco's chicken with the green sauce is off the chain. it makes kfc's grilled chicken taste like construction paper

Old 01-21-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
did you know that there are like 8 el pollo locos in metro atlanta, while i think there are fewer than that in the entire state of texas. that makes no sense to me

but el pollo loco's chicken with the green sauce is off the chain. it makes kfc's grilled chicken taste like construction paper

Yeah, cause that isn't real chicken. JUST KIDDING, I SWEAR!

I'm surprised that DFW doesn't have El Pollo Loco myself. Much larger Latino and California transplant population to support it than Atlanta.

Some of the El Pollo Loco's here have closed though, out in the suburbs. Some of them were rebranded "The Crazy Chicken" and took some items off the menu. Next thing you know, I'm driving down to an empty restaurant.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:27 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,928,114 times
Oh yeah, that's another reason why CA has better food--In n' out. I had it in Las Vegas and I loved it. I wish we had it here.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:28 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post

That chicken sucks! I actually printed out my free ticket for a free grilled chicken meal and it sucked.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:29 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Oh yeah, that's another reason why CA has better food--In n' out. I had it in Las Vegas and I loved it. I wish we had it here.
You should try Whatburger in the south. They are often compared.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:31 AM

18,980 posts, read 32,631,650 times
CA overall probably but I do really like Southern cooking, maybe too much b/c I feel if I lived in the South I might gain some weight. I dislike most fast food places but one of the only ones I go to is Chick-Fil-A, great place there and it was actually rated the most healthy fast food by Men's Health I recall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City