U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-15-2011, 02:47 PM

10,862 posts, read 8,498,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
...and then you woke up.
Seriously, no one copies Atlanta slang. Deep south accents may favor Atlanta slang but no one copies it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 03:04 PM

780 posts, read 809,133 times
Miami has to be the region with the WORST slang. It is so damn annoying. Here we use "bro" to end every sentence. You know-a-mean, bro? We also use "right quick" to mean really quick or in a hurry. Like let me have a sip of your drink right quick. I know, it doesn't make grammatical sense. We also have the usual: brah, bruh, bro, doe, daw, yo,. And this is not including the chonga slang, I don't even want to get into that. Less juss say ees reelee anno-ying, kayy broo?

Old 04-15-2011, 03:14 PM

10,862 posts, read 8,498,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Angel View Post
Miami has to be the region with the WORST slang. It is so damn annoying. Here we use "bro" to end every sentence. You know-a-mean, bro? We also use "right quick" to mean really quick or in a hurry. Like let me have a sip of your drink right quick. I know, it doesn't make grammatical sense. We also have the usual: brah, bruh, bro, doe, daw, yo,. And this is not including the chonga slang, I don't even want to get into that. Less juss say ees reelee anno-ying, kayy broo?
I hate the word "bro," but I think many people across the south use "right quick" or "right fast."

Old 04-15-2011, 03:18 PM

780 posts, read 809,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
I hate the word "bro," but I think many people across the south use "right quick" or "right fast."
Hmm I didn't know that, although I have been hearing right quick for the past 15+ years... pretty sure it started here. At least we can share our misery and hatred of that stupid phrase with the South.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:30 PM

13,380 posts, read 14,401,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Angel View Post
Yeah, annie is right. right quick is used alot throughout the south. I known in Texas, that and with the quickness ( I think that came from the Bay, not sure) is used alot. But right quick is something even I say. BTW, yeah, I here Miamians sometimes put much in their sentence. Like, "I didn't even much give her that my number." I always laughed at that. I think that's said throughout Florida. I also hear Miamians replacing here with huh sometimes. Don't ask me to use that in a sentence because I can't describe it.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:51 PM

166 posts, read 182,127 times
chicago

strag = a promiscuous female...like "yeah, shorty a strag famo, don't make that yo main piece"

therm = a lame person..like "i told you ol girl was a strag, and you went and married her? boy yousa therm"

goofass = a way of calling sombody a goofy ass, but its said all together..like "getcho goofass outta here" (getcho = get your)

and we don't say "charlie", its more like "cholly"..like "wat up cholly"

ca = car

Old 04-15-2011, 04:31 PM

13,380 posts, read 14,401,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMEN VII View Post
chicago

strag = a promiscuous female...like "yeah, shorty a strag famo, don't make that yo main piece"

therm = a lame person..like "i told you ol girl was a strag, and you went and married her? boy yousa therm"

goofass = a way of calling sombody a goofy ass, but its said all together..like "getcho goofass outta here" (getcho = get your)

and we don't say "charlie", its more like "cholly"..like "wat up cholly"

ca = car
And people say Chicagoans don't have Southern ways in them. pfft

Old 04-15-2011, 08:51 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,145,731 times
Waddown jo

Old 04-15-2011, 09:02 PM

323 posts, read 288,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric433 View Post
The Bay Area's got the best slang. Everyone knows that!
Bay area slang is Hella lame lol

Old 04-15-2011, 09:03 PM

323 posts, read 288,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post
Seriously, no one copies Atlanta slang. Deep south accents may favor Atlanta slang but no one copies it.
No one copies Atlanta slang? All them NY cats do. Just listen to all the garbage ass rap songs coming out of NY right now. It's like they study ATL lyrics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City