U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-01-2007, 11:51 AM
 
23 posts, read 116,719 times
Reputation: 14

Advertisements

WV is pointless.

 
Old 08-01-2007, 12:03 PM
 
23 posts, read 116,719 times
Reputation: 14
Hey some people like the backwoods more than living in society. I couldnt see myself living in a place thats known for inbreeds and coal mines. Ive never heard anyone say, lets take a vacation to WV, its such a great state.

You can find more beautiful mountains in 40 other states that also have a lot of other things to offer, inlcuding NJ up north by Hidden Valley and the Watchung Mountains. Very nice.
 
Old 08-01-2007, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,231 posts, read 3,389,520 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeeboy View Post
Hey some people like the backwoods more than living in society. I couldnt see myself living in a place thats known for inbreeds and coal mines.
I couldn't live there either. But I thought it was beautiful, every mile of my drive through there. Yeah, the towns deep in the mountains are, um, "interesting." In one town where everyone was at least 70, I asked someone in a drug store if there was a coffeehouse nearby. She and the other employees gathered around trying to figure out what I was talking about. Apparently they've never heard of coffeehouses. I'd guess the population of that particular town was at least 10,000 which didn't seem too small for folks to know what a coffeehouse is.

So, yeah, not a place I'd live... but it's not "pointless." Had to bust yer chops for that comment. I'm not a fan of the "humans rule" attitude. I think we're a passing species on this planet and life will carry on quite well once the earth has rid itself of us. Then again, we might learn how to live intelligently if we last another thousand generations. For those expecting the Rapture tomorrow, please ignore my comments and continue on your Journey.
 
Old 08-01-2007, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,924,989 times
Reputation: 5539
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
I couldn't live there either. But I thought it was beautiful, every mile of my drive through there. Yeah, the towns deep in the mountains are, um, "interesting." In one town where everyone was at least 70, I asked someone in a drug store if there was a coffeehouse nearby. She and the other employees gathered around trying to figure out what I was talking about. Apparently they've never heard of coffeehouses. I'd guess the population of that particular town was at least 10,000 which didn't seem too small for folks to know what a coffeehouse is.

So, yeah, not a place I'd live... but it's not "pointless." Had to bust yer chops for that comment. I'm not a fan of the "humans rule" attitude. I think we're a passing species on this planet and life will carry on quite well once the earth has rid itself of us. Then again, we might learn how to live intelligently if we last another thousand generations. For those expecting the Rapture tomorrow, please ignore my comments and continue on your Journey.
I must spread some reputation around before giving it to Harvester again..
 
Old 08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
 
Location: 3219'03.7"N 10643'55.9"W
7,962 posts, read 16,775,537 times
Reputation: 6912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I must spread some reputation around before giving it to Harvester again..
To me, The Harvester is probably the best poster on the city-data forum. Very informative and full of opinions, while not always in agreement, very compelling reading. I totally agree with you.
 
Old 08-01-2007, 02:02 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
2,368 posts, read 6,652,972 times
Reputation: 624
Are you allowed to bring someone's reputation up?Cause if your allowed I owe a couple people who have been real nice and helpful.
 
Old 08-01-2007, 05:26 PM
 
606 posts, read 2,732,958 times
Reputation: 129
Canada......
 
Old 08-01-2007, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Elkins, WV
1,981 posts, read 5,222,314 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeeboy View Post
WV is pointless.
Personally the only part of Jersey that I liked was right out of NYC, and I barely liked that. Actual NYC is better than across the river in Jersey in my opinion. But you keep your oil refineries and petro chemicals. I'll stick with my mountains, rivers, and cleaner air
 
Old 08-01-2007, 11:01 PM
 
Location: Elkins, WV
1,981 posts, read 5,222,314 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeeboy View Post
Hey some people like the backwoods more than living in society. I couldnt see myself living in a place thats known for inbreeds and coal mines. Ive never heard anyone say, lets take a vacation to WV, its such a great state.

You can find more beautiful mountains in 40 other states that also have a lot of other things to offer, inlcuding NJ up north by Hidden Valley and the Watchung Mountains. Very nice.
Sooo let me see if I get this. WV is famous for inbreds, sooo I guess Texas has those crazy people with chainsaws running around with cutting up people with leather face, and that the lovely citizens of New Mexico live in the hills and have radiation and come out and and eat people. You really like tv don't you? Anyway, as for vacationing in WV. That has to be the stupidest comment ever. WV has a huge tourism industry, its often been refered to as "the playground" from all the other neighboring states because we actually still have a few trees and mountains left. You should go ski on those hills in north New Jersey, and try white water rafting on the Hudson. Get back to me on how that goes for you
 
Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,231 posts, read 3,389,520 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
...sooo I guess Texas has those crazy people with chainsaws running around with cutting up people with leather face, and that the lovely citizens of New Mexico live in the hills and have radiation and come out and and eat people.
That's absolutely right. I live in Texas and I can't even go to the grocery store without being attacked by a chainsaw-wielding psycho, not to mention all the black men I see being dragged by chains behind pickup trucks with gun racks and Rebel Flag stickers.

And of course everyone here wears cowboy hats, cowboy boots, and Wrangler jeans.

Did you know that Georgia's state motto is "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG"?

Oh, also, if you ever move to Utah, remember that all the women are taken because the few men who are able to marry all have about 100 wives.

Ahhh.... stereotypes, they're so fun.

Great post, GottaHerd. By the way, which one of your 173 cousins did you marry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top