U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-02-2007, 10:29 AM
 
5,620 posts, read 13,304,201 times
Reputation: 2880

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
That's absolutely right. I live in Texas and I can't even go to the grocery store without being attacked by a chainsaw-wielding psycho, not to mention all the black men I see being dragged by chains behind pickup trucks with gun racks and Rebel Flag stickers.

And of course everyone here wears cowboy hats, cowboy boots, and Wrangler jeans.

Did you know that Georgia's state motto is "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG"?

Oh, also, if you ever move to Utah, remember that all the women are taken because the few men who are able to marry all have about 100 wives.

Ahhh.... stereotypes, they're so fun.

Great post, GottaHerd. By the way, which one of your 173 cousins did you marry?
OMG! I LOVE YOU HARVESTER! You are hilarious. And I can't believe you said that, but it's funnylarious. I have to spread reputation around also before I can give it you again though.

 
Old 08-02-2007, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Elkins, WV
1,981 posts, read 5,222,314 times
Reputation: 807
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHarvester View Post
That's absolutely right. I live in Texas and I can't even go to the grocery store without being attacked by a chainsaw-wielding psycho, not to mention all the black men I see being dragged by chains behind pickup trucks with gun racks and Rebel Flag stickers.

And of course everyone here wears cowboy hats, cowboy boots, and Wrangler jeans.

Did you know that Georgia's state motto is "SQUEAL LIKE A PIG"?

Oh, also, if you ever move to Utah, remember that all the women are taken because the few men who are able to marry all have about 100 wives.

Ahhh.... stereotypes, they're so fun.

Great post, GottaHerd. By the way, which one of your 173 cousins did you marry?

Well, I'm gay, and we all know gay marriage is illegal and not valid, but our wonderful president is from Texas. Wow now if only WV could say something like that. Havester why bring the black guy being dragged around by chains... thats sick man. You really shouldn't make fun of that.

Why are you people so *ucking annoying!?
 
Old 08-02-2007, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,231 posts, read 3,389,520 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
Well, I'm gay, and we all know gay marriage is illegal and not valid...
Well, with which cousin would you like to have a "civil union?" Let's keep this going, man! We need to fulfill jerzeeboy's stereotypes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
...but our wonderful president is from Texas. Wow now if only WV could say something like that.
Ouch, now you're hitting below the belt! Unfair!!! Hey, you have Senator Byrd, so I think you get some scoreboard for corrupt politicians who have tainted personal histories...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaHerdOn View Post
Havester why bring the black guy being dragged around by chains... thats sick man. You really shouldn't make fun of that.
It's totally sick and I wasn't making fun of it. I was making fun of the stereotype that one incident in a small town in the deep backwoods of east Texas is somehow representative of Texans as a whole. And I've seen political ads that try to make this state look that way. Same as when people try to paint WV as being inbred. But, yeah, maybe that was a little over-the-top. My point was simply that most Texans don't sport gun racks, rebel flags, or cowboy gear. And most Texans don't commit violent crimes, let alone violence based solely on racism. And I know you're not in a civil union with your cousin. Just making fun of stereotypes.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for tonight's exciting adventure with my friends to go cow-tipping while we get hammered on moonshine.
 
Old 08-02-2007, 12:33 PM
 
23 posts, read 116,719 times
Reputation: 14
Ok ok, so i guess everyone agrees WV is such a great state. NJ is full of oil refineries and chemicals and you can only whitewater raft in the hudson. So true. So then whats the worst state and why??
 
Old 08-02-2007, 12:43 PM
 
Location: Saginaw, MI
734 posts, read 2,324,147 times
Reputation: 251
Ohio

full of pompous, jackass Buckeyes

a boring drive on my way to somewhere NICE...and you have to pay just to drive on some of the roads
 
Old 08-02-2007, 01:10 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
2,368 posts, read 6,652,972 times
Reputation: 624
You have to pat to drive on the roads in any state.Thats really just a stupid comment.Im not going to dis Michigan through,because than I'd be stooping to your leval.
 
Old 08-02-2007, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Saginaw, MI
734 posts, read 2,324,147 times
Reputation: 251
Really? In 25+ years of living here I don't ever remember seeing one toll road.
 
Old 08-02-2007, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Austin, TX
1,231 posts, read 3,389,520 times
Reputation: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeeboy View Post
Ok ok, so i guess everyone agrees WV is such a great state. NJ is full of oil refineries and chemicals and you can only whitewater raft in the hudson. So true.
I know there are beautiful parts of Jersey, but you opened yourself up to this type of teasing when you called WV "inbred" and "pointless".

This series of posts is making fun of stereotypes, it's not about putting down NJ (at least not for me.) This whole thread is dangerous, it brings out the fight in people because one person's worst state is someone else's favorite. But it's fun.
 
Old 08-02-2007, 01:24 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
2,368 posts, read 6,652,972 times
Reputation: 624
I siad that other states had toll roads.I know Illinois and Indiana do.Are you sure that there is not one toll road in the whole state of Michigan?
 
Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM
 
Location: Saginaw, MI
734 posts, read 2,324,147 times
Reputation: 251
Yes I'm sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top