U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:17 PM

4,383 posts, read 15,036,042 times

Advertisements

bad scenery in oklahoma? Sure there's some but not all

Old 05-30-2007, 02:26 PM

1,964 posts, read 5,652,787 times
"bad scenery in oklahoma? Sure there's some but not all"

Those picture are of OK landscapes that wouldn't even rate in the top 100 places in most states.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:51 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,606,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_r2z0 View Post
There are things worth touring in ND. Have you been to anywhere in ND other than a city? Imo, Theodore Roosevelt national park is worth touring
Yes, been halfway through the state going eastbound on I-94. I dunno...maybe I don't know everything about it...just basing my opinion on what I've seen. I guess I never bothered to stop and ask North Dakotans what there is to do. So hey, maybe there is stuff to do there that I don't know about. It's not an ugly state by any means, the rolling prairies are very pretty to me. Some of North Dakota in it's extreme western parts has very interesting terrain from what I recall...looks kinda mountainous like Montana. It'd be a peaceful place to live that's for sure. I just wouldn't want to be buried under 20 feet of snow in the winter....summertime it's great...winter there are better places than this state. I guess I agree with Steve-O's comment that sometimes nothing is great. However, in the case of Kansas, I'd have to say that is a pretty boring state. Kansas and Oklahoma I think would be on the low end of the totem pole for me. I'm also not too fond of Arkansas either.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:54 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,606,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
I've spent a fair amount of time (in some cases more than 1 year) in around 20 different states, including PR and Guam (even though they don't count as states). The only states I've not visited are the northern plains, most of the states that contain the Rocky Mts., and with the exception of Death Valley/Fort Irwin, California.

I don't really think any state I've spent time in is "bad." For me, even the worst city and state in the US is better than other cities and countries in the world where I've been.

Now, I'll pick a few cities where I'd care not to go back, but not a whole state!
EHh...I kind of feel that way too. Even the states on the low end of the totem poles aren't bad. I guess every state has its own thing to offer. The Glorious 50 each individually make the U.S. what it is.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:24 PM

20,005 posts, read 67,950,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post

Those picture are of OK landscapes that wouldn't even rate in the top 100 places in most states.
Hardly.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:22 PM

3,185 posts, read 11,050,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_r2z0 View Post
bad scenery in oklahoma? Sure there's some but not all

Great photos. I have always found Oklahoma to have a distinct attractive charm.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeDog View Post

thats just a matter of opinion my friend

Old 05-30-2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
Yes, been halfway through the state going eastbound on I-94. I dunno...maybe I don't know everything about it...just basing my opinion on what I've seen. I guess I never bothered to stop and ask North Dakotans what there is to do. So hey, maybe there is stuff to do there that I don't know about. It's not an ugly state by any means, the rolling prairies are very pretty to me. Some of North Dakota in it's extreme western parts has very interesting terrain from what I recall...looks kinda mountainous like Montana. It'd be a peaceful place to live that's for sure. I just wouldn't want to be buried under 20 feet of snow in the winter....summertime it's great...winter there are better places than this state. I guess I agree with Steve-O's comment that sometimes nothing is great. However, in the case of Kansas, I'd have to say that is a pretty boring state. Kansas and Oklahoma I think would be on the low end of the totem pole for me. I'm also not too fond of Arkansas either.
I can respect that. I'm not that fond of KS or AR either . Really though, I havent even been to much ND, but i went to the North Unit of Theodore Roosevelt NP, I was amazed! HUGE fields of Flowers with cliffs right next to them. It was so peaceful. Thats the only reason I feel I have to back up ND. And sorry if I came of mean

Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 PM

2,703 posts, read 2,445,046 times
Kansas, easily takes the cake.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:36 PM

2,506 posts, read 7,611,958 times
N. Dak and Kan. are boring, but not bad places to live. Alot of people like the solitude and freedon. We all say how boring and flat they are, but alot of people claim nostalgia for the Old West (what did they think exactly it was?) That flatness has fed America for a century. No, bad places to live have bad (not "boring") qualities. The poverty rate in Kentucky, the obesity rate in Alabama, the illiteracy rates in Ariz. and Tex. I'll take Fargo any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City