Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 01:04 PM

500 posts, read 910,182 times

Advertisements

Out side of Chicago MOST of Illinois is boring and flat but southern Illinois has some really pretty hills and caves, it's great ecspecialy in Sept, Oct and Nov.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:26 PM

334 posts, read 1,371,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviodante View Post
Michigan, Ohio, or Indiana- just seem so cold, boring, bland, no cool mountains, beaches (freezing cold lakes don't count), culture, or really anything fun to do. Plus the economies stink. For some reason I'd rather live some of the really boring plains states over these- Iowa, Kansas, North Dakota. Don't really know why even though I'm sure life is better in Columbus, Ohio over Fargo, North Dakota.
You definatly have never visited here. Michigan has the most coastline of fresh water in the world, and with that come great beaches and sand dunes.

The Sand Dunes 028 pictures from national parks photos on webshots

Stock Photo : One of Many Sand Dunes Along The Shores of Lake Michigan - Acclaim Stock Photography

Home - Pure Michigan Travel

Old 06-07-2008, 04:46 PM

322 posts, read 1,103,728 times
this is easy!!!!!!! It's BY FAR AND AWAY..... NO CONTEST....

CALIFORNIA IS BY FAR THE MOST UNINSPIRING STATE TO LIVE IN..... AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT LA OR SAN FRANCISCO THE CAN PRETTY MUCH BE THERE OWN STATE.... the whole rest of california is bone dry boring!!!!!!!!!!!!!! deserts in the southern part of the state and in the central valley nothing but 350 miles of farmland and occasional suburbian cities like fresno, and bakersfield... im not gonna count sacramento... because it's pretty kool... but the rest is just ugly...

you'll see like one tree one one oak tree every ten miles.....THAT'S IT!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and constant farmland... with that exception...the north coast is really nice but overall....CALIFORNIA........ has no real true EAST COAST LIKE FORESTS...I HATE IT... IT'S BEYOND UGLY THE SCENERY HERE IN CALIFORNIA.. .... WHERE IS THE FALL FOLIAGE ...NO WHERE IT DOESN'T EXIST HERE IN CALIFORNIA... lol...

but the most hated thing i hate about california is that there's no ambiance and vibe to it's oneself here in the state.....and ..... CALIFORNIA IS DEFINITELY NOT A NICE, FRIENDLY STATE...TO VISIT OR THEREFORE LIVE IN...AT ALL ANYWHERE YOU GO...IT DOESN'T MATTER... IT'S MOSTLY THE SAME IN EUREKA AS IN IS IN LAGUNA BEACH... it's just how it is...

that being said... the two most ugliest cities are LAS VEGAS AT NO#2 AND THE MOST UGLIEST CITY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD....IS FRESNO,CA!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's a no brainer.... anyone dare to challenge me with an uglier city?

Old 06-07-2008, 08:43 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Chicago is a field?
heh-heh...perhaps its more of a state of mind?

Old 06-08-2008, 08:41 AM

411 posts, read 1,601,468 times
DJames, you make a point that I was going to make, which is that all fifty of our states have good things and bad things about them. Every state has some redeeming feature as well as something which is the PITS.

I'd hate to think that one state was the alimentary canal of our great country, with its residents just passing through.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:30 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofighters10 View Post
Indiana is the absolute worst state to live in period. and a lot of people said kansas but its actually really cool there. just stay east. Olathe and stuff. oh missourri is up there with worst states also
Care to elaborate?

I realize you have so much posting experience, with your one post, but if you are still here can you elaborate? I'm curious.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:34 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,831,224 times
For those who hate the fields, I understand. They're flat and often boring. But without those fields we wouldn't have corn, rice, cotton, wheat, and everything else grown there. So, even if you hate them, don't downplay their importance.

Just southeast of where I live they grown cotton, rice, and corn. I love corn and cotton is pretty comfortable to wear. I drove through the fields yesterday. Sure they're boring, but they're vitally important.

So, if you hate fields that's okay. Just remember that they're important, unless you want to import all of our fruit, vegetables, and other materials made from crops (like probably what you're wearing right now).

Old 06-08-2008, 02:25 PM

322 posts, read 1,103,728 times
fields aren't bad at all.... at least most of kansas, nebraska, north and south dakota, some of iowa and illinios... have these fields because most of any other states are not as fertile as the heartland. with that said..id rather live in western kansas with tornadoes rampaging all spring and summer long , then to live in central california where it's just dry dust and farmland, smog and intense heat.... at least tornadoes is a exciting experiance to see and behold in person...it sure beats the monotony of the same old boring sunshine and hot weather... you know... =)

Old 06-08-2008, 09:53 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,718,056 times
I'll nominate the state I have lived in for the last 37 years. Why? Because most of the people are rather self interested, the politics aggressively lassez faire, and the compassion for others is pretty minimal overall. Or maybe that's just the state of the union and I need to get out more.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:28 AM

26,408 posts, read 46,581,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djames9 View Post
fields aren't bad at all.... at least most of kansas, nebraska, north and south dakota, some of iowa and illinios... have these fields because most of any other states are not as fertile as the heartland. with that said..id rather live in western kansas with tornadoes rampaging all spring and summer long , then to live in central california where it's just dry dust and farmland, smog and intense heat.... at least tornadoes is a exciting experiance to see and behold in person...it sure beats the monotony of the same old boring sunshine and hot weather... you know... =)
Western KS has more ranches compared with farms. Most of the High Plains WOULD NOT be able to grow crops at all without irrigation water that is pumped out of the Ogallala Aquifer. This aquifer is rapidly being depleted. The most fertile farmland is found in the Midwest core and not way out in the central and high plains. Most of Iowa, southern Minnesota, Illinois, and portions of Indiana probably has the best overall climate for growing corn and soybeans. It is unfortunate that these areas are experiencing horrible flooding over the past few weeks. This could have the potential to increase food prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City