U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2008, 12:09 AM

311 posts, read 443,271 times

Advertisements

no state is worse than NJ my heart really goes out to the new jerseyites... terrible dictators they have for politicians... tsk tsk

Old 12-19-2008, 04:35 AM

2,898 posts, read 2,755,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lvpunk View Post
Oh, and one more thing, and this is the one that truly boggles my mind. Why is that in Oklahoma, and it may not JUST be Oklahoma, I'm not real sure, but anyway, why is it that Oklahoman's go slow in the fast lane, then when you get off the highway and onto the city streets where there are pedestrians and stoplights and people turning, etc, etc, basically, where you could really hurt someone, you get tailgated for going the speed limit, it just seems backwards that's all. And by the way, this isn't a joke or me knocking Oklahoman's, this is a very serious question that I would like someone to attempt to explain. I'm not making this up either, I see it everyday! Along with a large amount of people running red lights.
It happens everywhere, not just Oklahoma. Ever try driving in California or Florida? I think you only think it's backwards because you see it in Oklahoma, if it happens in Vegas or California, you probably think it is forward thinking

Old 12-19-2008, 04:40 AM

2,898 posts, read 2,755,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowthedirtbub View Post
texas (it doesn't deserve to be capitalized). Its mainly with their state motto "don't mess with texas". Act like they are bad *****, who do they think they are telling me what to do? If i want to mess with texas I will!
What a retarded comment

You live in that glorified desert called arizona (doesn't deserve to be capitalized). I mean seriously, what kind of idiot would place cities in the middle of the desert where it is 130 degrees 9 months out of the year . Try messing with texas, we will mess with arizona twice as bad

Old 12-19-2008, 05:46 AM

1,019 posts, read 2,425,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pines View Post
California is hands down, easily the worst state by a million miles. People don't like the fact that California pawned itself off tot he world and made the state a total mess. Half of it is foreigners. Even though it tries very hard to make itself appear as the All-American place, it is way out of whack with the rest of the nation.

I mean if California were like a southern state(laid back, and still somewhat decent) then people would still be able to move there and they wouldn't have to ask questions like will I get carjacked? Will I be able to afford it since I only make a hundred thousand dollars a year? Can I be a transvestite preschool teacher?

California should be a normal state right now, and the country could badly use that sort of thing to feel like we still have some hope and nice places left. Instead, we get California being the most messed up, greedy, fake, piece of crap state there is, with the highest prices. Its not even really a part of the USA in most ways. Californians have the attitude they don't care that they got spoiled rich and rotten, and that the rest of the country cant even move there. Its fine to them that the state probably has more foreigners than native citizens.

Also families in general, or people planning on having a family sure as heck don't want to be in the middle of some of the stuff California prides itself on. The days of lets pack the car up and take the kids to California are long GONE. At the same time your state has the audacity to sit back and ridicule other states, or lead others in to the same California mindset. Talk about being a collectively depraved idiot. Now you jokers are jumping ship since only now do you realize how far you've gone. So what do Californians do? Take their spoiled rotten ways to a nearby state and inflate the economy there. Like termites that cant be gotten rid of they're going to bring the house down.

Yea, thanks for all those new lipstick colors, and clothing styles, and pop rock bands. What would we have ever done without them? Thanks for American Idol in the advent of our country being unfunctional and unable to have any voice of reason, while politicians are out in the California woods running around naked giving each other sexual favors.

Sincerely a big thanks, from the rest of the country to you (insert curse words here)California. Be proud California, you gave the world Hollywood, and every divisive, dead end reasoning anyone could think up. Your state doesn't even represent the majority of people who have ever lived and worked in the country. You've also managed to make your state completely dysfunctional and out of whack in a record amount of time.
Well, being a young, conservative citizen of rural mountainous California (with 150+ years of family in this state), I was going to refute this post point by point...but I busted up laughing instead. If this is how people truly feel, then please, stay away! We will keep our breathtaking scenery, cultural diversity, and financial bounties. You're missing out on a lot, especially considering that there are more conservatives in CA then any other state in The Union. There are also, obviously, large populations of the clinically insane (bleeding-heart liberals), but this is far from the norm.

About the immigration controversy...who cares? 100 years ago, the East Coast residents were worried about the influx of Irish immigrants, now they are a part of the culture. Being 100% Northern European, I can say that Mexicans work hard, contribute a lot to our culture, and have beautiful daughters (). There's no shame here. We have one of the most productive agricultural regions in the world, and a large portion of the people that make that possible are Mexican immigrants. Good for them. My ancestors were immigrants at some point (pre-revolution, they came sometime in the 1600's) and they made a life for themselves...not to even mention the fact that Mexicans are racially considered white! We're not so different, and I've met many that I consider amazing human beings and my friends. Let's not get dragged into the old "the foreigners are taking our jobs!" argument, because it doesn't hold water.

Old 12-19-2008, 07:50 AM

463 posts, read 1,332,894 times
The worst state is the state of embarassment, which is what half the posters above me should feel after reading their posts.

Old 12-19-2008, 08:02 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,928,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsmith View Post
The worst state is the state of embarassment, which is what half the posters above me should feel after reading their posts.
bobsmith. That HAS to be the quote of the day, my friend.

Old 12-19-2008, 03:48 PM

117 posts, read 342,847 times
The worst state ive been to is probably florida. I dont really know why but just generally get a bad vibe when Ive visited there.

Old 12-19-2008, 06:27 PM

5,969 posts, read 7,419,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingprof View Post
The worst state ive been to is probably florida. I dont really know why but just generally get a bad vibe when Ive visited there.
I agree

Old 12-19-2008, 08:01 PM

2,927 posts, read 7,393,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsmith View Post
Very true.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,275 times
Someone on here listed Arkansas Moderator cut: substitute "that would be wrong." The rivers, lakes, and Ozarks are all beautiful. Go west to Oklahoma, and you are in the ugliest state in America.

Last edited by Bo; 03-09-2009 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: Per the TOS, insulting other members will not be tolerated anywhere on this web site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City