Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:56 PM

965 posts, read 1,886,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
You just said a bunch of bull along with the rest of your ATL possy. Sorry man but Everybody (Black folks and especially White, Asian, & Hispanic folks) don't think the world of ATL. Only those that have been brain washed. I am much brighter and smarter than to by into foolishness.
"smart and bright" people would know not to "buy" into foolishness. And being "brain washed," LOL. Don't tell me you think Jim Jones is the mayor of Atlanta. Just because you dislike Atlanta doesn't mean that other people have to dislike it or that it means that they are "brainwashed". Just as I don't like Dallas, I know there are people out there who enjoy living there. But hey, whatever works in your little world!

Carry on...All this unnecessary Atlanta hatred and people talk about me? How hypocritical

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 02-15-2010 at 07:04 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 07:02 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post

but honestly, the only edge atlanta has over dallas is the BET crowd. but guess what? black people aren't the only ones who attend the all-star game
well Atlanta may have the BET crowd but Dallas has the TVONE crowd.

Seriously, I think too much is being made out of this. Dallas also knows how to throw a party. It has known this for decades. It is not inferior nor superior to Atlanta when it comes to throwing a party of this magnitude.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:05 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
WRONG. Dallas attracts many people in the fashion and modeling industries, and it's the fashion capital of the south (if you dont include miami). models will go to atlanta if they want to shake sum in a music video or be an extra in one of tyler perry's increasingly tired productions

okay, i remember the all star game when it was in atlanta, and i dont remember it being any bigger of a deal than the other cities
and why are you acting like dallas didn't attract anybody? this past weekend, the city was filled with a-list celebrities. off the top of my head, diddy, russell simmons, monique, mike epps, ludacris, usher, and countless others were present for the events
i'm not trying to deny that atlanta is the bigger media city, but your perception of how the nation views the city is a little exaggerated. and as far as atlanta "throwing the better party", that is completely opinion, with no basis in fact. ask jerry jones
oh, and by the way, chicago and dc are still more highly regarded as entertainment capitals than atlanta is
No comment

Old 02-15-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
No comment
LMAO. Mo'Nique may become A-list due to the Oscar buzz she's receiving for her role in Precious. She's so loud on her show though. She was hollering so much on her show one night, my neighbor's dog started barking.

Mike Epps, Usher and Ludacris are not A-list though. Usher is played out. "Beat 'em Down Brown" could've taken his crown from him before he wound up using Rihanna as a punching bag, so there goes that.

Diddy is evil and and a money grubber. People have no business signing for Bad Boy Records unless they're prepared for a life of poverty and dreams deferred.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:21 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
No comment
no speak your mind

so okay, maybe they aren't real a-list celebrities. but they're pretty much at the top of the list when it comes to black personalities

both dallas and atlanta should be happy to get whatever they can lol. cause i doubt brangelina would be in any kind of rush to do anything down south

Old 02-15-2010, 07:38 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
no speak your mind

so okay, maybe they aren't real a-list celebrities. but they're pretty much at the top of the list when it comes to black personalities

both dallas and atlanta should be happy to get whatever they can lol. cause i doubt brangelina would be in any kind of rush to do anything down south
Jamie Foxx is A list but I guess he doesn't count since he from North TexasI know Mary J Blige, Garbriel Union and Alicia Keys (performed) where all at the game.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:47 PM

172 posts, read 273,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
For years, New York, LA, Miami and Las Vegas were the only entertainment/media capitals in the country. Atlanta has simply emerged as that new spot that celebs and regular people want to party and hang out.
Let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

Until real A celebrities i.e. Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Brad Pitt, Denzel Washington, Leonardo Dicaprio, Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Johnny Depp, Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet etc, start making rounds in Atlanta, I wouldn't go as far as to call it the new hotpot.

I think NYC, LA, Vegas and Miami will always be the only true hotspots in the good ol' US of A.

Carry on..

Old 02-15-2010, 08:05 PM

649 posts, read 1,423,973 times
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I definitely see that I have touched a nerve. What I have stated is very true. ATLANTA IS THE NEW ENTERTAINMENT/MEDIA MECCA. This is why a lot of people hate on Atlanta. Wow where did all these racist comments come from? Tell us how you really feel lol!!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
well Atlanta may have the BET crowd but Dallas has the TVONE crowd.
Seriously, I think too much is being made out of this. Dallas also knows how to throw a party. It has known this for decades. It is not inferior nor superior to Atlanta when it comes to throwing a party of this magnitude.

Atlanta has almost always been known as a major "party city" in the South, along with New Orleans and even Houston. Dallas is known for being too conservative and family oriented to be a true party city. It's basically a bigger Oklahoma City or Charlotte. The only people that think Dallas is a big party city are the folks that lived there all their life or folks from Shreveport or Little Rock.

Old 02-15-2010, 08:16 PM

649 posts, read 1,423,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I'm so glad I have a mind and brain of my own "I don't by into hype"...DFW might not be the greatest place in the world...but neither is ATL you guys "Feelin yourself a little too much" But whatever
That's the problem. I never said it was the greatest place in the world. I actually like Dallas and have been a Cowboy fan all my life. Dallas and Atlanta are very similar. I think geographic location has given ATL the edge in this category. It's not hype, it's the truth plain and simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City