U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:21 PM
 
Location: ITP - City of Atlanta Proper
6,256 posts, read 5,836,675 times
Reputation: 3341
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
No comment
LOL! My thoughts exactly

Aside from that, there was on GLARING omission in that bragging: most of those people that were highlighted live where...

 
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:22 PM
 
Location: At your mama's house
967 posts, read 836,284 times
Reputation: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I definitely see that I have touched a nerve. What I have stated is very true. ATLANTA IS THE NEW ENTERTAINMENT/MEDIA MECCA. This is why a lot of people hate on Atlanta. Wow where did all these racist comments come from? Tell us how you really feel lol!!
Girl, bye. You watch too many BET reality shows and Tyler Perry chitlin circuit plays. While Atlanta serves a niche market, it's nowhere near the level of LA/NYC/Miami. Even I have to somewhat agree with the Texans on this, as much as it pains me to say so.
 
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:34 PM
 
502 posts, read 681,610 times
Reputation: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
WRONG. Dallas attracts many people in the fashion and modeling industries, and it's the fashion capital of the south (if you dont include miami). models will go to atlanta if they want to shake sum in a music video or be an extra in one of tyler perry's increasingly tired productions

okay, i remember the all star game when it was in atlanta, and i dont remember it being any bigger of a deal than the other cities
and why are you acting like dallas didn't attract anybody? this past weekend, the city was filled with a-list celebrities. off the top of my head, diddy, russell simmons, monique, mike epps, ludacris, usher, and countless others were present for the events
i'm not trying to deny that atlanta is the bigger media city, but your perception of how the nation views the city is a little exaggerated. and as far as atlanta "throwing the better party", that is completely opinion, with no basis in fact. ask jerry jones
oh, and by the way, chicago and dc are still more highly regarded as entertainment capitals than atlanta is
Maybe in nightlife, but that's not all that I'm getting at. I actually think Chicago gets overlooked a lot. Have they ever had a major award show there? I think Atlanta will get one before either of these cities.
 
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:34 PM
 
Location: America
5,098 posts, read 4,020,932 times
Reputation: 1846
...but yeah, this thread has fallen way off topic...

and i'm sorry, but of the many times that i've defended atlanta, i think i'm finally starting to see what everybody else sees
 
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:35 PM
 
Location: Funky Town, Texas
3,534 posts, read 3,740,725 times
Reputation: 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
"smart and bright" people would know not to "buy" into foolishness. And being "brain washed," LOL. Don't tell me you think Jim Jones is the mayor of Atlanta. Just because you dislike Atlanta doesn't mean that other people have to dislike it or that it means that they are "brainwashed". Just as I don't like Dallas, I know there are people out there who enjoy living there. But hey, whatever works in your little world!

Carry on...All this unnecessary Atlanta hatred and people talk about me? How hypocritical
Everybody knows you hate Dallas . Every last one of your post has something negative to say about Dallas. Dallas may not be the best place in the world but "geesh" was your experience really that bad? I am glad you have found a home in DC and seem like you really like it. I don't here as much negative undertone about DC metro the way you criticize Dallas. Which I think is a good thing? Not here to argue or to continue to go toe to toe with you. All is forgiven on my behalf. You are right there is a need for some balance on these threads. All these cities have there strengths and flaws. All sides need to be examined not just the attributes.
 
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:36 PM
 
Location: Tribeca
174 posts, read 42,334 times
Reputation: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I definitely see that I have touched a nerve. What I have stated is very true. ATLANTA IS THE NEW ENTERTAINMENT/MEDIA MECCA. This is why a lot of people hate on Atlanta. Wow where did all these racist comments come from? Tell us how you really feel lol!!
.. yes

And then you woke up.
 
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:41 PM
 
9,885 posts, read 9,157,127 times
Reputation: 1963
Atlanta is also becoming a "Hispanic" mecca! The Black population is stagnant and is growing slowly compared to the rapid Hispanic population. Just my 2 cents!
 
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:41 PM
 
502 posts, read 681,610 times
Reputation: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Girl, bye. You watch too many BET reality shows and Tyler Perry chitlin circuit plays. While Atlanta serves a niche market, it's nowhere near the level of LA/NYC/Miami. Even I have to somewhat agree with the Texans on this, as much as it pains me to say so.
No Atlanta is not on the level of these cities. I'm just saying that it has emerged in that fourth spot as an entertainment hub. By the way, I am a guy.
 
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:45 PM
 
Location: Funky Town, Texas
3,534 posts, read 3,740,725 times
Reputation: 1317
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Atlanta is also becoming a "Hispanic" mecca! The Black population is stagnant and is growing slowly compared to the rapid Hispanic population. Just my 2 cents!
The entire country is becoming a hispanic mecca. Seriously nobody can compete with the rapid growth of the latino population.
 
Unread 02-15-2010, 08:48 PM
 
Location: At your mama's house
967 posts, read 836,284 times
Reputation: 1099
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Everybody knows you hate Dallas . Every last one of your post has something negative to say about Dallas. Dallas may not be the best place in the world but "geesh" was your experience really that bad? I am glad you have found a home in DC and seem like you really like it. I don't here as much negative undertone about DC metro the way you criticize Dallas. Which I think is a good thing? Not here to argue or to continue to go toe to toe with you. All is forgiven on my behalf. You are right there is a need for some balance on these threads. All these cities have there strengths and flaws. All sides need to be examined not just the attributes.
Well I can agree with that. I think I do come off bitter due to some bad experiences that I had when I lived there. I did like the cheap cost of living and the friendly gun laws. You wouldnt believe all the pain you have to go through in order to register a handgun in DC! it's one of the reasons why I'm right across the river in VA. But I'm just a few metro stops away from The District.

I hate some of the arrogant people up here. I hate the cost of living, and the weather.

But I'm happier up here, and that's what really matters...

I know I can come off as abrasive, over-the-top and quite apalling. It gets people's attention, but I'm beginning to realize that's not always a good thing

I can be woman enough to call a truce. Heck, I might get you a margarita on me next time I'm in Dallas, cause that no good rotten ex-husband of mine still owes me some alimony...

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 02-15-2010 at 09:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:11 AM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top