Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 04:36 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
This is very true. This is what makes Atlanta different. It is a entertainment city. If there is a party, people come here from all over the country just to experience the atmosphere. I'm talking about regular people, not celebrities.
Thanks ,thats the point I was trying to make.I just think Buckhead and Atlanta in general is a bit more festive especially when hosting these big events.Although I do think Dallas is laid out easier for large crowds.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:03 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Thanks ,thats the point I was trying to make.I just think Buckhead and Atlanta in general is a bit more festive especially when hosting these big events.Although I do think Dallas is laid out easier for large crowds.
More like a "Major Disaster" All this base on opinion considering you didn't go to all star game "How would you possibly in your terms know ATL is more festive when hosting these major events.

Here's a article out of the Dallas Morning news basically stating they want the All-Star game back in Dallas.

NBA executive Vice President

"When you talk specifically about Cowboys Stadium, it's an intriguing idea," Austin said about holding future All-Star games there. "Things went so well for us, I think it has to be on the short list of cities and markets that we would put into a rotation."

http://stadiumblog.dallasnews.com/ar...come-back.html

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 02-15-2010 at 05:28 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 05:39 PM

649 posts, read 1,423,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
More like a "Major Disaster" All this base on opinion considering you didn't go to all star game "How would you possibly in your terms know ATL is more festive when hosting these major events.
For years, New York, LA, Miami and Las Vegas were the only entertainment/media capitals in the country. Atlanta has simply emerged as that new spot that celebs and regular people want to party and hang out. Even though there are cities bigger and more urban than ATL(Chicago, Philly, etc.), Atlanta is the new "it" spot. Dallas is just more laid back and lacks that buzz that Atlanta has. Houston is probably closer to it than Dallas. When people want to get in the entertainment industry, they want to move to the cities that I mentioned above. You don't hear people wanting to move to Dallas for a record deal or be a model, etc. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, Atlanta just has more people within that circle that will get you there.

I know I got off track, but this gives you an idea why Atlanta is more festive and throws a better party than Dallas. This also explains the traffic problem when an event is here. Had the All-star game been here, that would have been a national holiday for a lot of people across the country lol.

Last edited by bgNCATL; 02-15-2010 at 05:55 PM..

Old 02-15-2010, 05:42 PM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times
Quote:
Here's a article out of the Dallas Morning news basically stating they want the All-Star game back in Dallas.
"When you talk specifically about Cowboys Stadium, it's an intriguing idea," Austin said about holding future All-Star games there. "Things went so well for us, I think it has to be on the short list of cities and markets that we would put into a rotation."
Cowboys Stadium Blog | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News

I guess he is stating that because Dallas isn't really known as a city for entertaintment..??

Old 02-15-2010, 06:12 PM

I'm so glad I have a mind and brain of my own "I don't by into hype"...DFW might not be the greatest place in the world...but neither is ATL you guys "Feelin yourself a little too much" But whatever

Old 02-15-2010, 06:13 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
For years, New York, LA, Miami and Las Vegas were the only entertainment/media capitals in the country. Atlanta has simply emerged as that new spot that celebs and regular people want to party and hang out. Even though there are cities bigger and more urban than ATL(Chicago, Philly, etc.), Atlanta is the new "it" spot. Dallas is just more laid back and lacks that buzz that Atlanta has. Houston is probably closer to it than Dallas. When people want to get in the entertainment industry, they want to move to the cities that I mentioned above. You don't hear people wanting to move to Dallas for a record deal or be a model, etc. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, Atlanta just has more people within that circle that will get you there.
WRONG. Dallas attracts many people in the fashion and modeling industries, and it's the fashion capital of the south (if you dont include miami). models will go to atlanta if they want to shake sum in a music video or be an extra in one of tyler perry's increasingly tired productions

Quote:
I know I got off track, but this gives you an idea why Atlanta is more festive and throws a better party than Dallas. This also explains the traffic problem when an event is here. Had the All-star game been here, that would have been a national holiday for a lot of people across the country lol.
okay, i remember the all star game when it was in atlanta, and i dont remember it being any bigger of a deal than the other cities
and why are you acting like dallas didn't attract anybody? this past weekend, the city was filled with a-list celebrities. off the top of my head, diddy, russell simmons, monique, mike epps, ludacris, usher, and countless others were present for the events
i'm not trying to deny that atlanta is the bigger media city, but your perception of how the nation views the city is a little exaggerated. and as far as atlanta "throwing the better party", that is completely opinion, with no basis in fact. ask jerry jones
oh, and by the way, chicago and dc are still more highly regarded as entertainment capitals than atlanta is

Old 02-15-2010, 06:25 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:

Cowboys Stadium Blog | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News
Look i'm not saying Atlanta is the only city that can host a successful All-Star Game.I know Dallas is quite capable of great things.Making money is def. one of them.As I said before,because of geography,ties to the entertainment industry etc.I guarantee more FANS would choose Atlanta over Dallas any day.Throughout the years Atlanta ranks consistently in the top 5 of convention cities in America.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Look i'm not saying Atlanta is the only city that can host a successful All-Star Game.I know Dallas is quite capable of great things.Making money is def. one of them.As I said before,because of geography,ties to the entertainment industry etc.I guarantee more FANS would choose Atlanta over Dallas any day.Throughout the years Atlanta ranks consistently in the top 5 of convention cities in America.
You just said a bunch of bull along with the rest of your ATL possy. Sorry man but Everybody (Black folks and especially White, Asian, & Hispanic folks) don't think the world of ATL. Only those that have been brain washed. I am much brighter and smarter than to by into foolishness.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 PM

23,460 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Enough of this childishness, already.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:52 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
Quote:
well if raw numbers are any indication, "the fans" seem to have chosen dallas. with a record breaking 100,000+ in attendance, that's more than 5/3 of people in attendance when it was in atlanta. imagine what the numbers might've been if we weren't in a recession!

add that to the fact that dallas now has the arguably far superior venue in the nation, and can handle the traffic much better, i wouldn't be surprised if all-star weekend was to return to dfw again before atlanta. although, they may decide to give y'all another chance

but honestly, the only edge atlanta has over dallas is the BET crowd. but guess what? black people aren't the only ones who attend the all-star game
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City