Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2010, 10:00 AM

631 posts, read 1,227,442 times

Advertisements

Niether!!! give me the suburbs. I dont like living in the city and I dont mind commuting. This thread is about to go into a time warp from the Dallas vs Atlanta

Old 02-14-2010, 10:04 AM

23,438 posts, read 44,044,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Niether!!! give me the suburbs. I dont like living in the city and I dont mind commuting. This thread is about to go into a time warp from the Dallas vs Atlanta
Much of Buckhead and Uptown Dallas is very suburban. That was my earlier point.

Old 02-14-2010, 10:33 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,841,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
uhh, being a much smaller area, uptown dallas is hardly suburban. compared to new york or boston, yeah possibly. but buckhead is for the most part more suburban than uptown d

Old 02-14-2010, 10:44 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,785,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
i'm not necessarily saying uptown dallas is better than buckhead, but you would just refuse to accept that houston or dallas could possibly have something better than atlanta, huh?
OMG!!LOL!!NO I did not say that.I was just saying what I find appealing in Buckhead.I never once said either was better.But I do have a preference.Dallas might actually be better.Its been a while since i was last there.How about showing some pics?

Old 02-14-2010, 11:02 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,841,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
OMG!!LOL!!NO I did not say that.I was just saying what I find appealing in Buckhead.I never once said either was better.But I do have a preference.Dallas might actually be better.Its been a while since i was last there.How about showing some pics?
don't have none

but my bad. i guess i'm still just a little shell shocked from dallas vs atlanta thread. it just seems like anytime something is said about houston or dallas, atlantans seem to insist that their city has everything (or better) that the other two do, and it couldn't possibly be lacking in any area

but then again, i guess the homers from all three cities are guilty of that at some point

but i don't hail from either city, and i like all three for different reasons. so i'm one of the few completely impartial persons in these discussions

Old 02-14-2010, 11:18 AM

648 posts, read 1,422,917 times
Quote:
don't have none

but my bad. i guess i'm still just a little shell shocked from dallas vs atlanta thread. it just seems like anytime something is said about houston or dallas, atlantans seem to insist that their city has everything (or better) that the other two do, and it couldn't possibly be lacking in any area

but then again, i guess the homers from all three cities are guilty of that at some point

but i don't hail from either city, and i like all three for different reasons. so i'm one of the few completely impartial persons in these discussions
I live in Atlanta and I feel exactly the same way. All of these cities are very similar in size and what they have to offer. I prefer Atlanta for location and topography, but could live in all three.

Can someone put up some pics of Uptown Dallas? I haven't been there since 2005.

Last edited by bgNCATL; 02-14-2010 at 12:37 PM..

Old 02-14-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
don't have none

I feel that even though I live here.I am pretty astute as to what things need to be done for the better in Atlanta.But when you have people who act as though Atlanta has no redeeming qualities and make it seem like things are 10x worse than they actually are,I have to stand up.I can honestly say you can go through all my post and you will see no where that I have never said anything that was not true about a place.Even "Bergen" can't say I exaggerated about Camden,Newark or any other part of New Jersey.If I say they are run down and crime ridden then most people who have been there will agree thats probably true.The FACTS support the statements.But when you have an opinion that no facts can support the argument,then what are they but lies and exaggerations?

Old 02-14-2010, 12:34 PM

631 posts, read 1,227,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Too close too the city give me alphreatta somewhere.

Old 02-14-2010, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Lindbergh is a mixed use transit development in a suburban style neighborhood. Theres quite a few developments like Lindbergh around Dallas.
My point was that Lindbergh is actually a part of Buckhead.Like another poster pointed out Buckhead has many different components.

Old 02-14-2010, 01:14 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,295,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
My point was that Lindbergh is actually a part of Buckhead.Like another poster pointed out Buckhead has many different components.
I know. Buckhead has its urban pockets. It is impressive to think what it was like 5-7 years ago and look at it today. When I moved to Atlanta, where Terminus now is was just grass and a few trees. The western end of Uptown in the Harwood/Victory section is doing the same thing that the Buckhead financial area is doing with infill highrises. That is technically not considered Uptown, but most people lump it in with it. The new science/natural history museum that is under construction there will be an awesome addition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.