U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 05:23 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,879,385 times

Advertisements

Albuquerque certainly, has a lot going for her but you are essentialy comparing two different tiers of cities. It's almost (not quite) comparing Buffalo, NY to Los Angeles, CA. However, one cannot always assume that by default Houston will be the top choice. Lots of people are looking for smaller to medium sized cities with decent job markets and stuff to keep them occupied. I guess Austin or Portland would be great examples. In all honesty, I would choose ABQ as the hipper city with the better art scene and history. Houston, would be the place to find a job in your field and have all the excitment of "big city" living at your doorstep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2013, 02:18 PM

9,047 posts, read 17,338,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe400 View Post
Albuquerque certainly, has a lot going for her but you are essentialy comparing two different tiers of cities. It's almost (not quite) comparing Buffalo, NY to Los Angeles, CA. However, one cannot always assume that by default Houston will be the top choice. Lots of people are looking for smaller to medium sized cities with decent job markets and stuff to keep them occupied. I guess Austin or Portland would be great examples. In all honesty, I would choose ABQ as the hipper city with the better art scene and history. Houston, would be the place to find a job in your field and have all the excitment of "big city" living at your doorstep.
I'm curious why you think ABQ has a better arts scene than Houston. If you factor in Santa Fe, being that its the 3rd largest art market in the country then you have something. But I can only imagine ABQ as a stand alone would pale in comparison to Houston's art endowment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or