Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 03:23 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times

Advertisements

whatever.

Besides the chances are that we would probably get along just fine. I lived West Virginia and worked on coal barges and river boats. I can peaceful coexist with rednecks. I just don't want to live around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 09:58 PM

389 posts, read 902,783 times
DinsdalePirahna its not that St Louis isn't welcoming to outsiders its you. The city is being populated by transplants from all over including the coasts. Its you. trust me. I know a lot of new yorkers and californians I would displace you with. I'm sorry you can't sell your house sooner.

Its you though, completely. 100% You're very whiny, you're very condescending, you're proud that you rarely visit the city. I've never in any of your posts read about you volunteering or joining any groups. I think you're just a very oft-put person. You've built a wall around yourself with your opinions about St. Louis and St. Louisans. "Its never you, its always us". The broad-strokes get tiresome after awhile, you're becoming self-parodied -- in fact I think you're already there. You're an act, a shtick, a constant. You are a sympathetic figure.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:51 PM

5,888 posts, read 13,008,662 times
you don't read very much do you? Or do you read only what you want to.

I am on the board of two groups out here, and until recently I was in the city every day. I still make it in about twice a week.

Trust me, I am not the only transplant that has similar feelings to the area.

I'm sorry that I am not into polishing turds.

Old 02-20-2010, 07:54 AM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
This thread has officially been taken hostage. Leave $1,000,000 in unmarked bills if you ever want to see it again.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:57 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,268,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_genesis View Post
DinsdalePirahna its not that St Louis isn't welcoming to outsiders its you. The city is being populated by transplants from all over including the coasts. Its you. trust me. I know a lot of new yorkers and californians I would displace you with. I'm sorry you can't sell your house sooner.

Its you though, completely. 100% You're very whiny, you're very condescending, you're proud that you rarely visit the city. I've never in any of your posts read about you volunteering or joining any groups. I think you're just a very oft-put person. You've built a wall around yourself with your opinions about St. Louis and St. Louisans. "Its never you, its always us". The broad-strokes get tiresome after awhile, you're becoming self-parodied -- in fact I think you're already there. You're an act, a shtick, a constant. You are a sympathetic figure.
My nomination for Post of the Year.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:02 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_genesis View Post

Old 02-20-2010, 02:05 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinsdalePirahna View Post
you don't read very much do you? Or do you read only what you want to.

I am on the board of two groups out here, and until recently I was in the city every day. I still make it in about twice a week.

Trust me, I am not the only transplant that has similar feelings to the area.

I'm sorry that I am not into polishing turds.
Are you expecting supportive responses to your abrasiveness?

Old 02-20-2010, 03:01 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,927,069 times
Whoa, appearently its not only STL people that arent receptive to Dinsdale. The problem is not STL but rather Dinsdale. Go figure.

Old 02-20-2010, 03:23 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
This thread is pointless????

Old 02-20-2010, 03:25 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,927,069 times
Yeah it has been since the first post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City