U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Where Would YOU Live?
Nashville 59 39.86%
Atlanta 72 48.65%
Neither! 17 11.49%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 07:29 PM

264 posts, read 256,737 times

Advertisements

If you had to choose from living in either Nashville or Atlanta, which would you choose to live in? (either directly in either city, or in the 'burbs of either city).

Why did you choose the one you did? Why didn't you choose the other?

I gave a 'neither' option, but of course... would prefer everyone to choose one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2010, 07:37 PM

4,475 posts, read 4,924,592 times
I would pick Atlanta. It is more urban and has a great African American population. Decent public transportation and great museums. Nashville has these items as well, but I like Atlanta's presentation of the items better.

Old 02-16-2010, 08:11 PM

256 posts, read 373,529 times
Both are great cities, but Nashville is more "manageable" to me. ATL offers much, much more...but, as far as day-to-day life goes, I think Nashville would be a much, much better fit.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:37 PM

1,366 posts, read 1,409,243 times
These are my two cities. Lived in Nashville for 20 years. Atlanta for 5 and growing.

Basically I'm going to have to go with Nashville but not by much. Nashville just has this vibe of fostering creativity (I'm a musician) that I have yet to find in Atlanta (yes even in Little Five Pts). At first, I thought I was just crazy but sure enough every time I come back up to Nashville to visit, I can sense that character all about the city. Sitting at SATCO eating some tex mex by the Vanderbilt campus or sipping coffee at Bongo Java. Not just that but there seems to be much more public art in Nashville than in Atlanta. Now as far as suburbia goes, Atlanta wins. Suburbs are pretty much the same everywhere nationwide. Atlanta has more to choose from over Nashville as far as dining options and whatnot but Nashville wins in the scenery department for the most part anyway.

What I get from Atlanta is a bigger city with more big city amenities and a can-do business attitude. Not bad by any means but not my cup of tea. Sure there are pockets of bohemian areas like Little Five Points but I feel like the people that hang out in these areas almost try too hard to be hip and come off a little bit ridiculous.

Basically Nashville is the thirty-something, moderately successful graphic designer that still likes to jam on his guitar on a nightly basis while Atlanta is the workaholic financial advisor, very successful forty-something that lives on his blackberry. Which do you identify with more?

Old 02-16-2010, 10:41 PM

9,129 posts, read 21,695,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika♥Chris♥Lexi View Post
If you had to choose from living in either Nashville or Atlanta, which would you choose to live in? (either directly in either city, or in the 'burbs of either city).

Why did you choose the one you did? Why didn't you choose the other?

I gave a 'neither' option, but of course... would prefer everyone to choose one
If you're trying to compare the two areas for a reason, it would be better for you to list the things you are comparing (specific features of each city, etc), please.

__________________________________________________ _____________
What To Post In This Room (and - NOT). READ BEFORE POSTING ****

Old 02-17-2010, 09:00 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,678,193 times
Atlanta

Old 02-17-2010, 09:53 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,736,177 times
Which ever one has less country music.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:48 AM

725 posts, read 810,238 times
Dude seriously... naw Nashville is nice. I was shocked when I went there. I just feel like there is more money in Atlanta.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:41 PM

57 posts, read 60,695 times
I like both cities equally. For location i like Nashville better because it's closer to my hometown Chicago than Atlanta. But at the same time it's close to my families in Alabama and Gerorgia. I
currently live in Atlanta and go to Nashville often. Atlanta is a much bigger metropolitan area in
terms of people, businesses, jobs, malls, hotels,restaurants an etc. But that dont mean Atlanta
is bettter. If bigger means better then New York would win the title of being the best city in
everything....but it doesn't.

Nashville is booming in many aspects and is becoming more a rival to Atlanta in many ways. It's
certainly become a major city and has the potential to bust out and really grow. In recent years
it's been chosen as one of the best business markets and quality of living areas in the countrty.
It's received better ratings as a friendly place to live than Atlanta. As a city i give it a better
rating than the city of Atlanta. The inner city of Atlanta is smaller than Nashville in both population
and land area. Atlanta has more slum areas and more crime. Nashville has it to but has more
upscale neighborhoods less crime and as for social gatherings both are about the same. As for
the suburbs Atlanta has far more than Nashville. Both cities has nice suburban areas with wonderful homes. As for scenery i think Nashville has the edge. Both cities has heavy tree cover but Nashville
has more hills with scenic views.

Old 11-29-2011, 12:54 PM

11,117 posts, read 6,974,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalc View Post
The inner city of Atlanta is smaller than Nashville in both population
and land area.
Atlanta has more slum areas and more crime. Nashville has it to but has more
upscale neighborhoods
less crime and as for social gatherings both are about the same. As for
the suburbs Atlanta has far more than Nashville. Both cities has nice suburban areas with wonderful homes. As for scenery i think Nashville has the edge. Both cities has heavy tree cover but Nashville
has more hills with scenic views.
I'm not as familiar with Nashville, but I highly doubt this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City