U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-16-2011, 07:43 PM

912 posts, read 761,028 times
I have never been to a game at Qwest. I have been to seattle. And Beckham is the face of the MLS and needs to pump it as such! He is full of sh%t if he truly believes (or you believe it) what he said. It may be the best MLS crowd, but in my book, MLS is still behind NFL, MLBA, and NHL. And I am willing to bet you have never been to a game in England (I have) or Scotland (I have). Any, and I repeat any crowd in the UK is more lively than any MLS game. Let me remind you AGAIN. We have a title. You don't. We have a soccer specific stadium. You don't. You have a larger crowd. We have more sporting events to choose from.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2011, 08:55 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,093,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilehiDenver View Post
I have never been to a game at Qwest. I have been to seattle. And Beckham is the face of the MLS and needs to pump it as such! He is full of sh%t if he truly believes (or you believe it) what he said. It may be the best MLS crowd, but in my book, MLS is still behind NFL, MLBA, and NHL. And I am willing to bet you have never been to a game in England (I have) or Scotland (I have). Any, and I repeat any crowd in the UK is more lively than any MLS game. Let me remind you AGAIN. We have a title. You don't. We have a soccer specific stadium. You don't. You have a larger crowd. We have more sporting events to choose from.
Wow realy the Denver nuggets average 17,000 people per a game and the sounders average over 35,000. So wich is a bigger draw for there city. And Quest field was built with the idea of getting a pro soccer team. It was designed For NFL and pro Soccer and is an awsome stadium . Soccer is going to be bigger than NHL and NBA I think soon. And if not it is in Seattle being more of a international city.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:31 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,093,675 times
Quote:
Lolz your comparing Dick's Sporting Goods park to Quest Field wow really why dont you post some pictures of the park PMSL. And how far is that park from downtown Denver huh.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:42 PM

6,547 posts, read 3,953,475 times
Quote:
...but in my book, MLS is still behind NFL, MLBA, and NHL.
Pretty much in everyone's book, really. It's behind NCAA basketball and football too. In some states it's behind high school football (Texas, Illinois). But soccer is growing in the U.S, and by default, so is MLS as well. I think it's great that Seattle landed an MLS team. I also think it's great that the Rapids moved their stadium to Commerce City, revitalizing a section of town where there was NOTHING to be proud of. MLS has done some good for some communities, so I'm all for it, even though I'm not a fan, don't care about the sport itself, etc...

Old 03-16-2011, 09:43 PM

1,732 posts, read 2,106,230 times
Quote:
I have never been to a game at Qwest. I have been to seattle. And Beckham is the face of the MLS and needs to pump it as such! He is full of sh%t if he truly believes (or you believe it) what he said.
Well let's see, those who disagree with you are idiots and they're full of ****. That about right? How old are you? 12?

Beckham is hardly the first to come away with that impression.

“You really do feel like you’re in Europe with a great European-style atmosphere,” Grant Wahl, a senior writer for Sports Illustrated and best-selling author of “The Beckham Experiment,” said of games in Seattle.

Peter Kenyon, a former chief executive of English powerhouse Chelsea, noticed the same thing during a 2009 international friendly at Qwest Field.

“When I agreed with (Sounders FC majority owner) Joe Roth to take Chelsea Football Club to Seattle, he promised a unique soccer experience and that’s what the Sounders delivered,” Kenyon said in an e-mail.
“On the day, the stadium, the team, and most importantly, the fans, gave us a game-day experience none of us will forget. Not only were the fans passionate about their team wearing their colors before and many hours after the game around the town, but they also turned out to fill the stadium to capacity.

“What became obvious was their knowledge, not just of the Sounders but of soccer itself. Our experience of our time in Seattle with the Sounders demonstrated to us what can be done and how far soccer has come in America. It was a day in our minds where Seattle became like any other major European city on game day.”

Read more: Scarves up! Seattle Sounders in full play-off mode | The Soccer Room (http://thesoccerroom.com/?p=18306#ixzz1Gp6NPblW - broken link)

Another article...

The Seattle Sounders Experience « Whitecapsfanblog

Old 02-29-2012, 05:36 PM

89 posts, read 79,582 times
I hate reviving this old thread, but I had to comment about the sports. I'm looking into both cities to move to, and I'm ever so slightly leaning towards Seattle, mainly because I'm not sure if I can live without water. But, back to sports. Yes, Denver is better, but Seattle is EXTREMELY underrated, and close to Denver. I think everyone knows that sports are a what have you done for me lately league. While Denver sports have had more success, the fans in Seattle have been better. U-Dub has incredible fans, and are currently much better than CU. On the NFL front, in last years playoffs, the Hawks fans literally caused an earthquake under the stadium. And if you say the Broncos fans are great fans ATM with all this Tebow stuff, you're a homer. On the baseball front, look up Macklemore My Oh My on YouTube, I shouldn't have to say more about M's fans after that. Plus, Seattle is 2 hours away from the blazers and Canucks, two of the best fan bases in their respected sports, and Seattle should be getting a new arena. That's all for now, hopefully Bill Loney will be here soon to back me up. Lol

Old 02-29-2012, 06:16 PM

Again let me fill you in! Denver fans have been selling out for YEARS longer than the hawks fans! We also OWN that team head to head! Which stadium and fans are in Guiness for being the loudest? Not seattle, it is Denver and its fans! Not even close!

Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 PM

As far as soccer, we have a soccer specific stadium not a smallish NFL multipurpose stadium! We also have a Championship in football and soccer. Does seattle? nope.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:32 PM

89 posts, read 79,582 times
Sorry, but it's been proven Seahawks fans are the loudest. I'm not even a hawks fan, I'm a dolphins fan, but Seahawks fans literally caused a measurable earthquake from how loud they were. You can't argue with that. And who cares about exclusive stadiums? Avs and Nuggets (who, by the way, I like very much) share a stadium, should I hold that against Denver. Look, nothing against either cities, I'm trying to decide which city to move to, including Phoenix, and even as a diehard sports fan, my QOL is more important, and I'm just trying to figure out which of those 3 cities will provide me with the best.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:14 PM

Wrong again!

McCook Daily Gazette - Google News Archive Search

Denver has the LOUDEST fans! Until Guiness checks out anyone else, we have PROOF on our side!

Just checked and the loudest is now a stadium in Turkey!!! But we are still the loudest in the NFL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City