U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 AM

6,046 posts, read 10,454,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Well, finally there are some replies to this thread. First of all, I am not planning on moving to either of these two cities anytime soon. I just wanted to get some feedback and opinions about these two cities. As to which city has better weather, well the thing is that weather preference is something that is subjective. Some people love warm/hot weather, others love 4 season climates. I have not visited either PHX or NYC yet but I will be visiting New York City in the summer of 2010 If you are a hard worker and dedicated, it is possible to have a good career in either city. This is America, where it is possible to become what you want to become.
What weather do you like?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 06:21 AM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,919,002 times
this has to be a joke.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:40 AM

10,171 posts, read 13,597,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
how can people answer this when we don't even know what field the OP is in?! please!
They are answering for personal preference, what they feel about each city, and how they view each city.
I simply answered in a uniform motion, that despite more variation for job options are available in NYC but competition for applications and interviews are more fierce there as well.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:24 AM

6,546 posts, read 8,057,563 times
That is the great thing about our country...variety and diversity. Both NYC and Phoenix (like any other city) offers different things for different people. Why should each city be a carbon copy of the others? Both of these cities take on many transplants. I know many people here in AZ who thoroughly enjoy NYC, and I've met many people from NYC who thoroughly enjoy Phoenix.

Case Closed.

Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 AM

3,234 posts, read 7,902,853 times
NYC for weather. I like 4 seasons and hate heat.
Career wise I could take either. In my field I'd have the same opportunities in either city.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:50 PM

4,478 posts, read 8,756,209 times
NYC hands down

Old 05-11-2010, 02:06 PM

20,104 posts, read 21,628,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliveandWell View Post
Hello everyone,

Between NYC and Phoenix, which one of these two cities would you prefer for the weather and climate? And also which one of these two cities do you feel would suit you better for trying to establish a meaningful career? What I mean by that is where do you feel would you have the best chance to become a valuable citizen of this country and feel that you could accomplish all your career goals? NYC maybe? Or both?
NYC, based on all of your questions. But personally, DC probably suits me best in terms of career aspirations and job security.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:53 PM

1,489 posts, read 2,418,376 times
NYC for weather and careers. I like all four seasons and the career fields in NYC are endless.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:28 PM

490 posts, read 1,217,300 times
I'd have to go with Phoenix. I love NYC, but it is too expensive. I know salaries are higher, but I think they'd have to be 3 times higher than in Phoenix in order to have the same lifestyle. I especially can't imagine living in NYC while trying to pay off large student loans. Phoenix is a very affordable city, and even on a smaller salary I still think I would have a nicer place to live, more spending money, and be able to pay off my loans quicker.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:03 PM

3,668 posts, read 5,850,290 times
Better weather is Phoenix, duh lol jk. NYC is going to have a lot more going on overall and a lot more resources but Phoenix is good for young graduates and is a top city for new graduates looking for employment. Each city has good and bad depending on what you like. Its really a personal preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or