U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which place has a better alternative music scene and nightlife
Atlanta 85 68.55%
Houston 45 36.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM

28 posts, read 35,541 times
both are good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 PM

15,832 posts, read 18,467,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I saw yesterday that Houston has the above national average number of bars in the city.

I know what I'm going to be doing a lot more now! Rice Village!!
I'll admit that Houston has tons of bars. It has lots of strip clubs too.

Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 PM

472 posts, read 396,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Atlanta was never a Rave mecca like Dallas, Austin, Houston, New Orleans, & Miami.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Houston is definitely a Strip Club city as well along with lounges and clubs. The Bar scene is growing [can't wait until I'm 21]. I don't really hear too much about the Reggae scene in Houston as well, but I've heard from a few people that it's better than Atlanta when we were discussing the nightlife in different cities.
Cheetah lounge is a well known strip club here in Atl.. oprah had one of the dancers on her show. The lady had a master degree and was a teacher she was making double striping at cheetah lounge. The only bar I like to go too in Atlanta is Slice, dougans and Wet willies.. I more of a club person..

Old 07-26-2010, 07:39 PM

7,732 posts, read 6,739,084 times
For anyone interested in the local music scene in Atlanta, this link provides a decent overview:

Atlanta Concerts, Atlanta Music, Atlanta Shows, Atlanta Nightlife | Music | Creative Loafing Atlanta

Old 07-26-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG2010 View Post
Cheetah lounge is a well known strip club here in Atl.. oprah had one of the dancers on her show. The lady had a master degree and was a teacher she was making double striping at cheetah lounge. The only bar I like to go too in Atlanta is Slice, dougans and Wet willies.. I more of a club person..
I thought it was Magic City lol

That's going to be my first stop when I visit the A!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
For anyone interested in the local music scene in Atlanta, this link provides a decent overview:

Atlanta Concerts, Atlanta Music, Atlanta Shows, Atlanta Nightlife | Music | Creative Loafing Atlanta
Looks similar to Houston Press:

Houston News, Events, Restaurants, Music

Old 07-26-2010, 07:55 PM

472 posts, read 396,554 times
Quote:
I thought it was Magic City lol

That's going to be my first stop when I visit the A!
Strokers, magic city, pin ups, are popular for African Americans, Cheetah lounge is popular among caucasins.. There are several gay strip clubs and strips clubs for women.. Atlanta is the strip Club capital.. I think the difference what sets the cities apart is the energy level of the cities. Like MIami and New Orleans, Atlanta has been known for a long time for its nightlife.. For straight and Gay americans..

Last edited by OMG2010; 07-26-2010 at 08:04 PM..

Old 07-26-2010, 08:02 PM

7,732 posts, read 6,739,084 times
Quote:
Looks similar to Houston Press:

Houston News, Events, Restaurants, Music
Yeah, they look very similar.

This has been our leading alternative paper for years. They don't provide a totally comprehensive look at everything going on, but they do give you a pretty decent "feel" for the local scene.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:17 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,303,770 times
Quote:
The Bar scene is growing [can't wait until I'm 21]. I don't really hear too much about the Reggae scene in Houston as well, but I've heard from a few people that it's better than Atlanta when we were discussing the nightlife in different cities.
Stop by Tow Rows in the Rice Village the Wednesday after you turn 21. The have dollar draft beer that's brewed at the bar every Wednesday. It's some of the best beer I've ever had and it's only a dollar a glass. Anyways, I have a Nigerian friend who's really into the Reggae club scene here and from what he's said, it sounds like we have a pretty good Reggae scene but I can't speak from experience.

Old 07-27-2010, 03:47 PM

4,688 posts, read 3,077,224 times
Old School Saturday + Sol Fusion>>>>Any party in Houston

Close thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City