Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2010, 11:29 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,437,074 times

Advertisements

Overall...I'd say Texas...but I like the mountains in North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 12:28 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,801,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroboi View Post
Quality of life: NC
Job opportunities: TX
Natural scenery: a toss up between FL and NC
Best overall cities: TX is a no brainer
I can see where you're coming from. Texas has 3 cities with 1million+ people. Cali just recently reached that level. But I don't think TX has a Miami though.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:02 AM

3,717 posts, read 8,149,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I can see where you're coming from. Texas has 3 cities with 1million+ people. Cali just recently reached that level. But I don't think TX has a Miami though.
Good point, I'd rather live in or around Miami than any city in Texas.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Now I don't know about all that. Texas is BOOMING right now.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:40 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,716,978 times
Quote:
Good point. Austins black population is relatively small. That's why when I moved to Charlotte I was like WHOA!! I'm black myself(Haitian) so I didn't mind. But I miss the white people of Austin. I miss Austin. Charlotte is cool though. Man, UT lost about 45mins ago.
You sounded like Uncle Ruckus for a minute there.LOL

Old 05-13-2010, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You sounded like Uncle Ruckus for a minute there.LOL
"I don't like da Negro people. As a matter of fact, dey not people, dey a bunch of Animals, as a matter of fact das an insult to the Animal community. But god bless our fair-skinned, kind, white mastas." Now that would be Uncle Rukus-like if I said something along those lines.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:14 AM

1)Georgia-Georgia has more of a histoiry that relates to the Nation.Prominent people and events that have really help to shape America.This is true out of all the other states mentioned IMO.Im sure the Texans can't wait to interject.
Atlanta/North Georgia Mountains:in the foothills of the mountains.The hilly terrain.The trees.The history.Martin Luther King,Gone with the Wind,Coca Cola,Jimmy Carter,CNN/Ted Turner.Georgia Tech football in the Heart of Midtown.Morehouse College,Stone Mouintain,The Georgia Aquarium,Tallulah Gorge,Amicolla Falls

Savannah/The Golden Isles:Gulf Stream Aeronautics,Tybee Island,Ft.Pulaski,Port of Savannah,Forest Gump, Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil,Cotton Gin.The Golden Isles-Brunswick,Sea Island,Cumberland National Seashore,Gullah and Geechie,Johnny Mercer,The Girl Scouts of America,Sherman's March to Sea,The Cloister(Mobile 5 star resort,Where the G summit was held a few years ago)

Macon-Otis Redding,Little Richard,The Allman Bros,Lena Horne,Mercer University,Warner Robins,Robins Air Force Base

Augusta-Regatta,The Masters,Medical College of Georgia,James Brown

Albany-Ray Charles,Paula Deen,

2)Florida

Miami(not thrilled but I know it can be enjoyable)
Fort Lauderdale

3)North Carolina-Almost like Georgia with similar land features and history.But there is no big city like Atlanta or Miami in N.C.

4)Texas is cool but has nothing for me.Been there done that.Just not impressed at all.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:16 AM

Quote:
"I don't like da Negro people. As a matter of fact, dey not people, dey a bunch of Animals, as a matter of fact das an insult to the Animal community. But god bless our fair-skinned, kind, white mastas." Now that would be Uncle Rukus-like if I said something along those lines.
I know lol.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:52 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,037,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
1)Georgia-Georgia has more of a histoiry that relates to the Nation.Prominent people and events that have really help to shape America.This is true out of all the other states mentioned IMO.Im sure the Texans can't wait to interject.
Atlanta/North Georgia Mountains:in the foothills of the mountains.The hilly terrain.The trees.The history.Martin Luther King,Gone with the Wind,Coca Cola,Jimmy Carter,CNN/Ted Turner.Georgia Tech football in the Heart of Midtown.Morehouse College,Stone Mouintain,The Georgia Aquarium,Tallulah Gorge,Amicolla Falls

Savannah/The Golden Isles:Gulf Stream Aeronautics,Tybee Island,Ft.Pulaski,Port of Savannah,Forest Gump, Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil,Cotton Gin.The Golden Isles-Brunswick,Sea Island,Cumberland National Seashore,Gullah and Geechie,Johnny Mercer,The Girl Scouts of America,Sherman's March to Sea,The Cloister(Mobile 5 star resort,Where the G summit was held a few years ago)

Macon-Otis Redding,Little Richard,The Allman Bros,Lena Horne,Mercer University,Warner Robins,Robins Air Force Base

Augusta-Regatta,The Masters,Medical College of Georgia,James Brown

Albany-Ray Charles,Paula Deen,

2)Florida

Miami(not thrilled but I know it can be enjoyable)
Fort Lauderdale

3)North Carolina-Almost like Georgia with similar land features and history.But there is no big city like Atlanta or Miami in N.C.

4)Texas is cool but has nothing for me.Been there done that.Just not impressed at all.
Your impressed by places like Macon, Albany, and Augusta, but Texas offers nothing for you???

OK, that makes sense.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:56 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,826,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post

I would rather move back home to Miami myself before TXs. NC is too dull and boring for me.. Texas is ok nothing really wrong just not my type of enviroment.... I love the BEACH life in Miami shopping food culture, The watersports, Nightlife,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City