Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 11:43 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,797,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Your impressed by places like Macon, Albany, and Augusta, but Texas offers nothing for you???

OK, that makes sense.
I should not have said not impressed.Its just that I have been there so much.I lived in Texas.Its gotten old.My point was there is nothing that much different that Texas offers than Georgia.Dallas,Austin, and Houston are great cities but they are not that drastically different than Atlanta.Savannah is worth more to me than any city in Texas.The Golden Isle of Georgia worth every bit of coastline than what Texas has .Revolutionary War,Civil War and America's music heritage,Black culture are things that resonate with me and the things I like.
Philadelphia,Chicago,Washington D.C,and New York are favourite cities of mine for those reasons.

None of those cities would I want to live in Georgia except Savannah or Augusta.Macon is near my home-town of Warner Robins.

Its also about the landscape.I like lots of grennery and trees.The hilly terrain.The mountains of Georgia are beautiful.With waterfalls,Bavarian theme villages,white water rafting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 11:47 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,305,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
I would rather move back home to Miami myself before TXs. NC is too dull and boring for me.. Texas is ok nothing really wrong just not my type of enviroment.... I love the BEACH life in Miami shopping food culture, The watersports, Nightlife,
What part of NC have you been to and when was the last time you went? I find statements like this to be funny because I am not sure how many times people have really explored NC. From the Outer Banks, to the App Mountains there is so much to do. The cities in the Piedmont are by no means Atlanta or Miami, but there is really more th the cities than what you would think and they offer plenty ammenities that you're looking for.

I'm not attacking you but I am curious to see how NC is too boring for you.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:01 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,212,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I should not have said not impressed.Its just that I have been there so much.I lived in Texas.Its gotten old.My point was there is nothing that much different that Texas offers than Georgia.Dallas,Austin, and Houston are great cities but they are not that drastically different than Atlanta.Savannah is worth more to me than any city in Texas.The Golden Isle of Georgia worth every bit of coastline than what Texas has .Revolutionary War,Civil War and America's music heritage,Black culture are things that resonate with me and the things I like.
Philadelphia,Chicago,Washington D.C,and New York are favourite cities of mine for those reasons.

None of those cities would I want to live in Georgia except Savannah or Augusta.Macon is near my home-town of Warner Robins.

Its also about the landscape.I like lots of grennery and trees.The hilly terrain.The mountains of Georgia are beautiful.With waterfalls,Bavarian theme villages,white water rafting
I guess, but you can find a majority of those things in Texas and more. Texas is a mix of southern, western, Midwestern, coastal, and Mexico. Even has Creole/Cajun influences. I think it's a little incorrect to say Georgia offers the same thing as Texas because it doesn't; of course this is all due to Texas size (land wise).

Old 05-13-2010, 12:04 PM

364 posts, read 717,662 times
Of course Im going to say GA, but I could probably live and be happy just fine in Florida or Texas. Cant say the same of North Carolina though......I dont know I just have never been a fan of NC. I have nothing against it...
Now if they legalize medicinal use of marijuana I might change my mind...

Old 05-13-2010, 05:34 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Now I don't know about all that. Texas is BOOMING right now.
Well that was just my opinion, and Miami is booming right now as well. I need to check Texas out though, never been there, seems interesting.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:37 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,879 times
Georgia wins. The mixture of rugged mountains in the north of the state, The Atlanta metro area, my own city of Rome in NWGA, the rivers, southern culture, southern cooking, the rolling piedmont and rivers down to the swamps, the music, Savannah, the barrier islands, and the coast pretty much sum me up. "Between the silence of the mountains and the crashing of the sea, there lies the land I once lived in, and she's waiting there for me".

2) North Carolina. More rugged mountain than Georgia has, the Smokies, similar culture/food/music, OBX and Asheville. Very close 2nd.

3) Florida. Possibly the 2nd most overrated state. There are no locals anymore. Old Florida is dead and they've paved paradise.

4) Texas. Although I have seen parts of Texas that are beautiful, and have travelled it extensively, the majority of this state offers me nothing. Texans are 2nd only to New Yorkers with a superiority complex that is less founded than New York's. DFW is a clusterf--k, and Houston is too close to New Orleans. I like Austin, and Padre Island is a win, but overall, I'd rather live in Iowa.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:49 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,943,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
Georgia wins. The mixture of rugged mountains in the north of the state, The Atlanta metro area, my own city of Rome in NWGA, the rivers, southern culture, southern cooking, the rolling piedmont and rivers down to the swamps, the music, Savannah, the barrier islands, and the coast pretty much sum me up. "Between the silence of the mountains and the crashing of the sea, there lies the land I once lived in, and she's waiting there for me".

2) North Carolina. More rugged mountain than Georgia has, the Smokies, similar culture/food/music, OBX and Asheville. Very close 2nd.

3) Florida. Possibly the 2nd most overrated state. There are no locals anymore. Old Florida is dead and they've paved paradise.

4) Texas. Although I have seen parts of Texas that are beautiful, and have travelled it extensively, the majority of this state offers me nothing. Texans are 2nd only to New Yorkers with a superiority complex that is less founded than New York's. DFW is a clusterf--k, and Houston is too close to New Orleans. I like Austin, and Padre Island is a win, but overall, I'd rather live in Iowa.
Technically TX offers everything GA offers AND some.

What is the 1st most overrated state?

Old 05-14-2010, 10:55 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,186,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post

Old Florida is definitely not dead, North Florida and even parts of Central Florida still have a decent amount of Southern Culture.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:44 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,100,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwarky View Post
Which one of the following Sunbelt states do you consider to have the best quality of life, job opportunities, natural scenery, and best overall cities: Texas, North Carolina, Georgia or Florida?
I know job opportunites are coming in the thousands to Augusta. We have one of the best economies in the country. Their are thousands of jobs announced who don't begin until the end of 2011 and go through 2016-2017. Plant Vogtle's two new nuclear reactors is a prime example. Augusta's MSA is 550,000 and the CSRA(Central Savannah River Area) is 700,000.

But here are some stats to compare...

Median income by state....
1. GA $48,369
2. TX $47,157
3. FL $46,206
4. NC $44,058
http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/income/income08/statemhi2_08.xls (broken link)

March 2010 unemployment....
1. TX 8.2%
2. GA 10.6%
3. NC 11.1%
4. FL 12.3%
Regional and State Employment and Unemployment Summary

Old 05-15-2010, 06:46 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,763,645 times
Texas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City