Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Metro area is better?
Dallas-Fort Worth Mertoplex 106 72.60%
Phoenix Merto 40 27.40%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,614,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
I didn't realize phoenix's metro was that large.

Yeah Phoenix is one of the largest cities in the US by land area 517.126 sq mi according to Wikipedia

Phoenix, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 09:21 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,665,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I'm sure Oatmeal is a beautiful person. I just don't know why she has such a negative outlook on Dallas. I like her charisma but, there is the TRUTH and there is just over exaggeration. But hey, she's just going the route of 95% of CD. No one can think for themselves.
I cant take her seriously. Her exaggerations are so extreme. I never know when shes being objective or when shes just talking s**t. Most of the time it seems to be the later.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:33 PM

3,197 posts, read 5,358,762 times
C-D is a haven for some to expose their psychopathic tendencies. You can sit behind your computer and talk as much s*** as you want in almost complete anonymity looking for reaction.

Many of us are rewarding OO's behavier by giving it the attention it's craving.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:39 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,746,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrn198 View Post
Yeah Phoenix is one of the largest cities in the US by land area 517.126 sq mi according to Wikipedia

Phoenix, Arizona - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Arizona also have huge counties.

County Map:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ocator_Map.PNG

Old 03-18-2010, 09:40 PM

196 posts, read 456,840 times
Dallas area: better weather and more to do

Old 03-18-2010, 09:54 PM

2,441 posts, read 6,995,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG2011 View Post
Dallas area: better weather and more to do
When? During your hailstorms and tornadoes? During your snow and ice storms? During your 100 degree days with high humidity? During your 70 degrees one day 35 degrees the next days?

Phoenix's lowest temperature so far this year: 41 degrees. Dallas' lowest temperature so far this year: 13 degrees.

Phoenix's weather has Dallas beat.

Old 03-18-2010, 10:01 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,746,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
When? During your hailstorms and tornadoes? During your snow and ice storms? During your 100 degree days with high humidity?

Phoenix's lowest temperature so far this year: 41 degrees. Dallas' lowest temperature so far this year: 13 degrees.

Phoenix's weather has Dallas beat.
The low temperature we had was a record we have not got that low in years! Dallas has ice storms?!?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:18 PM

965 posts, read 1,879,548 times
Come on Lovemuffins! It's obvious some of what I'm saying is rooted in sarcasm with half-truths.

As for talking sh*t, my mom was forever popping me in the mouth when I was a kid for being sassy and rolling my eyes and neck. I guess I never learned I'll never forget the day she decked me in the mouth with a can of deodorant in FEDCO after I opened my mouth and said "Aaaaaah," after she told me to shut my mouth because I was talking so much. I was crying loudly, and she pushed her basket down the aisle as if nothing happened. I haven't been able to look at a can of Mitchum without getting the shakes ever since.

But I went to college and lived in the Northeast for awhile, so coming back to the sunbelt, the look of the cities does taking getting used to. I'm not the only one who has said anything about how generic and cookie-cutter much of Metro Phoenix and the suburbs of Dallas look. Ever had to count the houses of a street in order to figure out how to get to someones house? I had to when I visited a friend in Frisco. Much of Gilbert, AZ, where one of my brothers and wife live is just about the same. It's not as if I'm just saying this out of the blue.

The Cheesecake Factory thing was obviously a joke. I know Grande Luxe Cafe is where all the real ballers go! Seriously, Abacus was one of my favorites when I lived down there. Loved the steakhouses too.

The remarks about culture and edumacation was my 'Northeastern elitism' rearing it's ugly head again. I did obtain my MA down there in Texas for chrissakes. To be fair, the cultural offerings of DFW outdo what Phoenix has to offer in spades. Culture in Phoenix is tee time at the golf course. Phoenix is prettier to look at, and has better winters though. Summers are oppressive to me in both.

I do think what's going on with the textbook situation in Texas is absolutely appalling and ridiculous and reinforces the stereotypes that we've come to know and love about Texas becoming a theocratic dystopia.

Jluke, Cream of Wheat is quite delish too However, I like my grits with salt, pepper, butter and crumble some bacon in them, just like my daddy.

And speaking of the ex, I think I have to go down to Texas in about a month to ring the alarm on him yet again. Trying to keep my dining room table, I don't think so. I'm looking for the fastest route to get down there right now. I just hope I can make it down there before it gets hot again, otherwise I'll have to get my "summer wig" out of storage. Not about to sweat my weave out trying to take care of business.

Speaking of sweating my weave out and taking care of business, the boyfriend is getting a bit impatient and frisky, so toodles for now Lovemuffins!

Last edited by Overcooked_Oatmeal; 03-18-2010 at 10:33 PM..

Old 03-18-2010, 10:41 PM

8,580 posts, read 10,101,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
Come on Lovemuffins! It's obvious some of what I'm saying is rooted in sarcasm with half-truths.

As for talking sh*t, my mom was forever popping me in the mouth when I was a kid for being sassy and rolling my eyes and neck. I guess I never learned I'll never forget the day she decked me in the mouth with a can of deodorant in FEDCO after I opened my mouth and said "Aaaaaah," after she told me to shut my mouth because I was talking so much. I was crying loudly, and she pushed her basket down the aisle as if nothing happened. I haven't been able to look at a can of Mitchum without getting the shakes ever since.

But I went to college and lived in the Northeast for awhile, so coming back to the sunbelt, the look of the cities does taking getting used to. I'm not the only one who has said anything about how generic and cookie-cutter much of Metro Phoenix and the suburbs of Dallas look. Ever had to count the houses of a street in order to figure out how to get to someones house? I had to when I visited a friend in Frisco. Much of Gilbert, AZ, where one of my brothers and wife live is just about the same. It's not as if I'm just saying this out of the blue.

The Cheesecake Factory thing was obviously a joke. I know Grande Luxe Cafe is where all the real ballers go! Seriously, Abacus was one of my favorites when I lived down there. Loved the steakhouses too.

The remarks about culture and edumacation was my 'Northeastern elitism' rearing it's ugly head again. I did obtain my MA down there in Texas for chrissakes. To be fair, the cultural offerings of DFW outdo what Phoenix has to offer in spades. Culture in Phoenix is tee time at the golf course. Phoenix is prettier to look at, and has better winters though. Summers are oppressive to me in both.

I do think what's going on with the textbook situation in Texas is absolutely appalling and ridiculous and reinforces the stereotypes that we've come to know and love about Texas becoming a theocratic dystopia.

Jluke, Cream of Wheat is quite delish too However, I like my grits with salt, pepper, butter and crumble some bacon in them, just like my daddy.

And speaking of the ex, I think I have to go down to Texas in about a month to ring the alarm on him yet again. Trying to keep my dining room table, I don't think so. I'm looking for the fastest route to get down there right now. I just hope I can make it down there before it gets hot again, otherwise I'll have to get my "summer wig" out of storage. Not about to sweat my weave out trying to take care of business.

Speaking of sweating my weave out and taking care of business, the boyfriend is getting a bit impatient and frisky, so toodles for now Lovemuffins!
Get a grip Oatmeal.

I've got more relatives who golf in Chicago than friends and acquaintances who do in Phoenix.

On a side note, has Dallas' ever really improved its hip factor since the days of the Starck Club?

Old 03-19-2010, 12:22 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,865,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post

This is a BETTER post. Even the north has it's uncultured areas. But remember one thing. The North had a head start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City