U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-31-2010, 09:45 PM

6,258 posts, read 7,117,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
I think the question was what ARE the top 10 cities for... ballparks. Not what will they be in 99 years. Will you be happier if I agree that Coors park will probably not even exist in 99 years? Let me know if you plan on being around to verify that. As for THIS CENTURY, I still say Fenway is junk. Historically significant junk, but still junk, pretty much like the rest of Boston.
haha annnnddddddd your true colors show. Do you cry yourself to sleep often?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 03:46 AM

13,155 posts, read 12,256,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I think Atlanta deserves honerable mention although I am more impressed with Dallas overall.Although I like how Atlanta is more centrally located with all the facilities being close by and in the downtown area with lots of attractions nearby.There is also the fact that one of the finest NASCAR tracks.

Phillips Arena

Turner Field

Georgia Dome

Also just curious.In the county of Gwinnett,they have a new triple A Braves minor league stadium.It is really a first class minor league facility.Any other cities have minor league facilities of like quality?
That basketball arena is AWESOME. Phipps Arena always looked amazing to me.

Old 04-01-2010, 03:53 AM

725 posts, read 745,740 times
I would put that Dallas Stadium as #1

Old 04-01-2010, 06:17 AM

3,235 posts, read 4,779,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
I'd like to see you in a race car, having to race with numerous other competitors, under strenuous conditions in a confined space, and continuing to do so for a couple hundred laps around a race track.

It requires physical endurance, and mental endurance, which is more than playing 1 hour of football, or 48 minutes of basketball.

And although it doesn't require the physicality it might for an actual basketball or football game, it still is a lot longer. Additionally, there is more danger associated with racing, where one is risking their lives every time, a lot more so than other sports.
Again, these things are not ATHLETIC. Endurance, stressful conditions and bravery to face danger are not athleticism.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:25 AM

6,258 posts, read 7,117,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theATLien View Post
I would put that Dallas Stadium as #1
Yea that stadium is a tough one to beat. It's completely over-the-top in every way, and the outrageous video board hangs a bit low...but it may be one of the only reasons I would ever want to go to Dallas.

So if the Red River Shootout is ever there, or if the Pats go to Dallas soon...I may have to make the trip.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:06 AM

7,732 posts, read 6,733,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Does Tampa even have fans? Your stadiums seem to be full of people cheering for the opposing teams.
Hey, at least Tampa doesn't have to have a POLICE PRECINCT inside the Stadium to handle all the arrested whack-jobs like Philadelphia does.

Talk about a bragging right.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:07 AM

7,732 posts, read 6,733,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
That basketball arena is AWESOME. Phipps Arena always looked amazing to me.
What's really cool is that it's built directly on top of a subway station.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:28 AM

18,529 posts, read 14,569,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Hey, at least Tampa doesn't have to have a POLICE PRECINCT inside the Stadium to handle all the arrested whack-jobs like Philadelphia does.

Talk about a bragging right.

While there are some who take things to extremes, as a sports fan i will take the passion in Philly over any other city, period.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 AM

8,904 posts, read 5,879,819 times
Quote:

And NYC has Penn station and multiple subway lines under MSG...big deal. A lot of cities do.

Old 04-01-2010, 09:45 AM

324 posts, read 365,636 times
Quote:
This feature is not unique to Phipps Arena in Atlanta. Penn Station and Madison Square Garden offer this feature too.

My top stadiums based on the four major sports....

NFL: Dallas Cowboys - Cowboys Stadium
NBA: NY Knicks - Madison Square Garden
NHL: NY Rangers - Madison Square Garden
MLB: NY Yankees - Yankee Stadium & Boston Red Sox - Fenway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City