U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2010, 12:55 PM

9,190 posts, read 29,570,003 times

Advertisements

NOTE:

Ok, if you do a search in the forums, you'll find every possible "which has the best skyline" type of thread that could just about possibly be conceived, with maybe the exception of comparing skylines with the tallest purple windowed buildings (and no, we don't need one).

For for an as-of-yet undetermined amount of time, there's a cap on skyline threads. Hold off for a while. Once things thin about a bit, things will loosen up a bit, but honestly, this isn't one of the skyscraper-only themed message boards - we need some variety, and we're getting over saturated with the things in here.

Thank you.

ADDENDUM - The proliferation of "better name recognition" threads has gotten out of hand. Let's cool those for a while. -JMT

Last edited by JMT; 08-17-2016 at 03:09 PM..

Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 PM

1,489 posts, read 2,283,566 times
No, thank you. That crap was getting annoying!

Old 04-08-2010, 01:50 PM

404 posts, read 1,226,446 times
Not that i was a fa of those threads, but seems a little anti-american to have oneperson deciding what is discussed, dont you? Let me guess, Im going to get penalized for saying this....

Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM

805 posts, read 2,122,730 times
OMG! You people freakin have no life, all evryone does on this ***n forum is talk about ****en buildings. 'What city has the best buildings' 'what city has the highest buildings' it's annoying. I am so glad the mods are banning more crap from being made.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:31 PM

1,849 posts, read 6,132,872 times
I agree with this notice. I'm pretty tired of seeing threads all about skylines. There are plenty of other subjects to discuss.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:07 PM

3,548 posts, read 7,385,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambos View Post
Not that i was a fa of those threads, but seems a little anti-american to have oneperson deciding what is discussed, dont you?
Welcome to life on an internet message board. The great thing about it is, if you don't like how it is run, you can go somewhere else. Doesn't get any more American than that.

Old 04-08-2010, 07:45 PM

300 posts, read 778,458 times
While there are already too many skyline vs skyline threads. There's still quite a bit of good combinations that haven't already been done. I guess they'll just have to wait.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:41 PM

3,971 posts, read 11,433,493 times
Skylines tend to be a metaphor for other aspects of being human. I'll leave it at that.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:08 PM

8,489 posts, read 17,408,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adambos View Post
Not that i was a fa of those threads, but seems a little anti-american to have oneperson deciding what is discussed, dont you? Let me guess, Im going to get penalized for saying this....
I am sure there was more than one person deciding since there a multitude of mods and senior mods. I should know, I have infractions from many of them.

Besides the fact that, as mentioned, the skyline topic has been beaten to death.

Some of us will rejoice that we don't need to see 5 new threads on skylines every day.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:31 AM

9,190 posts, read 29,570,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhyperchaos View Post
While there are already too many skyline vs skyline threads. There's still quite a bit of good combinations that haven't already been done. I guess they'll just have to wait.
The point is that people are not using the search feature, and they are coming up with very similar comparison topics frequently. On top of that, we'll see a "What cities have the 4th tallest skyline... the 5th.... the 6th... the 135th.... etc". It could literally go on forever if you put in every combination. If someone comes up with some sort of completely unique building/architectural topic that hasn't been seen in the room yet (hard to do at this point), it will probably slide, but most are similar enough to others that have already been done that they don't need to be duplicated.

There are "other" (nameless) message boards online that are devoted entirely to the discussion of skyscrapers. Great news for these folks. Knock yourselves out. But this room is for a multitude of "this vs that" types of discussions and civil debates, and it detracts away from other's ability to enjoy the room if every 3rd topic is a skyscraper comparison. Hence, for a while, let's lay off of them and just add to the millions of those already active. Thank you.

And please note: When adding discussion/photos to the existing threads, the TOS and room posting guidelines still apply. Please make sure you are familiar with what is and is not allowed (topics, comments, and when posting photos) by going over the room sticky here, please: What To Post In This Room (and - NOT). READ BEFORE POSTING **** .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or