U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2008, 12:07 PM

1,992 posts, read 5,922,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Minneapolis is the most underrated. Vibrant downtown with good bars and boutique hotels, good bar and restaurant scene on the east bank of the Miss in NE Mpls as well as few miles down Hennepin Ave in Uptown.

Easily the most virbant midwest downtown outside of Chicago.
I have heard that the extensive above-ground pedestrian walkway system in MPLS takes away from the street level vibrancy, at least in the colder months. Is this true? I am not knocking Mpls, I have family in MN and have been there several times, but I haven't been in quite awhile, and never in the winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 12:52 PM

343 posts, read 828,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami305Kid View Post
Overated: LA, Miami, Orlando
Underated. San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco
I'd agree that San Francisco is a great place. However, I believe most people rate it very highly. Not underrated at all.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:31 PM

84,989 posts, read 98,847,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughguy View Post
I have heard that the extensive above-ground pedestrian walkway system in MPLS takes away from the street level vibrancy, at least in the colder months. Is this true? I am not knocking Mpls, I have family in MN and have been there several times, but I haven't been in quite awhile, and never in the winter.
Well, maybe, but the winters can be brutal there.

Old 07-07-2008, 05:37 PM

1,020 posts, read 3,015,698 times
Albuquerque-one word-adobe
Boise(city amenities, beautiful land north of the city)
Portland(Maine and Oregon?)
Pittsburgh(Ohioan here and I think Pittsburgh might just be better than any Ohio city, except Dayton
Juneau-the largest temperate rain forest in the world nearby, UGE mountains
Ruidoso(New Mexico)-looks like a really nice place with great weather, skiiing exct
Durango(Colorado)mesa's plateau's, old west feel
Chattanooga(Tennessee)-growth, job sector, proximity to ATL, mountains
Spearfish(South Dakota)-Black Hills, Sturgis
Alamogordo(New Mexico)-the pictures look cool
Dalton(Georgia)-mountains all around it, especially eastward
Valdosta(Georgia)-orange dirt, unique area with good weather, palm trees
Pensacola(Florida)-beautiful beaches and weather
Kalispel(Montana)-close to Glacier national park which is probably the cleanest place in the US)
Sequim(Washington)beaches, rain forest, and mountains
Seaside(Oregon)-sand dunes, mountains, rain forests, and beaches
Asheville(North Carolina)-blue ridge mountains nearby
Cedar City(Utah)-close to national parks and st George
Willow Creek(California)-close to Eureka and the coast

I have never been to any of those places except Chattanooga, Valdosta, and Dalton.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:04 PM

1,020 posts, read 3,015,698 times
Last, but not least, no sir-ee,

Tampa Bay(Florida)-it has everything except mountains

Bah. I'm not doing it right.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:54 AM

9,131 posts, read 11,675,055 times
Default You just proved my point.......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Ne View Post
Oakland is included in San Francisco's metro, its called the Bay Area for a reason, because the bay is named San Francisco. As for DC and Baltimore, they should be the same metro, but with out it, it only has 5.3 million
..............You just proved my point Metro Wash D.C and San Francisco Bay are larger than Dallas Metroplex at 8 Million and & 7 Million as compared to Dallas 6 Millions...San Jose , San Francisco and Oakland are the Big Cioties that form the greater Bay Area.....And while I'm at it why isn't Riverside and S.B. County included in the Metro Los Angeles Population Count...That would jack up Metro LA Population to 19 Millions.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:05 PM

2,459 posts, read 4,673,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Definitely Corpus Christi. When people think about this area of Texas, all they think of is beach, beach, beach. Of course, the Padre Island and Mustang Island seashore is a wonderful attraction to the area, but Corpus has a lot to offer on it's own.

20yrsinBranson

Corpus is dirty and run down. My buddy was born and raised there and will be the first to tell you to steer clear of Corpus.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:35 PM

419 posts, read 1,142,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvedderbest View Post
I agree with those saying St. Louis. Undeserved bad rap.
Rude people and the most racist city i've ever been too.... it's rap is deserved.

Old 07-10-2008, 12:53 PM

167 posts, read 450,626 times
I think Santa Barbara, CA is pretty underrated. It's nice as either a place to live in or get away to. It's not a small town, by any means. But I think it's overshadowed by all the other CA cities.

Oh, for some reason--not that it's important to me--Oprah lives there...

Old 07-10-2008, 01:12 PM

4,095 posts, read 7,202,068 times
Philadelphia. It has its problems, but it has the most vibrant, urban and walkable downtown after NYC and Chicago; it is affordable for the middle class; it is conveniently located in the Northeastern Corridor and is accessible to many other great cities; and it has some of the most beautiful urban public places in the country (Rittenhouse Square, Washington Square, Wissahickon).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City