Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 05:27 PM

293 posts, read 900,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Ultimately if you don't agree resort to name-calling! Generally a sign of frustration!

I am fully aware of the positives for Seattle & hope to visit there this summer, if possible [where the summer weather is considered about the best in the nation btw - see, I can post nice things about Seattle but you do a better job. Thanks for the info.

But aside from summer, an attempt to paint the climate of Seattle as comfortable is stretching things a bit. Many people living in the Pacific NW dread the long cold\ cloudy 6 months of rain\ drizzle. That is a well-known fact that can be confirmed by reading complains on the C-D forum for Seattle.

My approach is purely physical. Maybe it is me but the more flesh the better. Being able to check out legs\ stomach & breasts on a woman is pure stimulation. When people are all wrapped up in clothes you can't get any idea of the woman's body. A pretty face on a fat body has less appeal than a pretty face & pretty bod
Here's the thing. Seattle only has that constant cloudiness in the winter time. Same thing with the rain, though less so then the cloudiness. Summer in Seattle is dry, sunny, and Seattle is easily one of the nicest places in the US to be during the summer. So anyone who says Seattle is cloudy and drizzly year round is incorrect.

Seattle has a year round relatively mild climate, it very rarely goes to either extremes. Now look at the temperature in the winter time (when Seattle has all the cloudiness and drizzle) for other non southern cities in the US, and Seattle will seem like warm paradise. I'm talking about Chicago, Detroit, Minneapolis, Denver, Milwaukee, Boston, Etc........ I can list way more cities, but I think you know what I'm talking about. At least for me, Seattle's cloudiness is way better than the brutal cold that many other places in the country get at the same time. This isn't really a Seattle vs SD point, but I'm saying that cloudiness > extreme cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 05:39 PM

6 posts, read 27,802 times
Great stuff =)

I have a girl friend in Seattle who ive sent on a mission tonight. She is gonna goto the bar, and try to suss out the women for me, as well as snap some photos for me. We'll see what she reports.

@AquariusMom - Ughh...thanks for the practical advice, The law schools in question are equal in my eyes, and I don't care about law review because I am doing private practice when I get out, neither do I care tooooooo much about getting judicial clerkships. I stick my nose up at **** like princeton review/USA top 100 and all the other sort of bull**** rating systems, no offense =)

I know i'll meet cool ppl where ever i go, ive lived in DC, London, and Beijing (lived! not visited =) and I always find cool ppl. Im out-going and I like talking to ppl, so its not hard. What I wanna know is where is my niche more in abundance =) where are the friendly, intelligent socialites at??? Or in alaskan terms, where are they less insecure, more goal-oriented and less likely to want to get preggers and become co-dependent...lol?

I define genuine as a combination of honesty, non-flakyness, and openness/realness. =)\

thanks again, all!

Old 04-20-2010, 06:58 PM

694 posts, read 2,651,580 times
Quote:
Just curious, what makes a person "genuine"? How do you measure "genuine"? How is Seattle more "genuine" than San Diego? Can you cite a study or poll to support your opinion?
well curious ( annoying actually ) there is obviously not a study for
genuine vs superficial, but after 10+ years in north county
and 3 in Seattle you get a feel for the folk. Just my honest opinion,
and since I no longer live in either I'm not going to be defensive
like a lot of homers.

Last edited by danco; 04-20-2010 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: felt like it

Old 04-20-2010, 09:19 PM

593 posts, read 1,762,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
I was thinking the same thing! I pick the bod over the face!
Now the conversation is really getting superficial, and in all honesty a girl's intelligence has a lot to do with how attractive I find her. But in terms of looks...

I think a girl who is a little chubby (i.e. 5"4, 140-145) but with a pretty face is usually more atractive than a skinny girl with an ugly face.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:32 AM

358 posts, read 755,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroJimmy2 View Post
Yes, but what about an ugly face on a pretty body?
aka, the butterface

Urban Dictionary: butterface

Old 04-24-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence
I dont care what that poll says. I have seen a lot of attractive women in Seattle.
I'm not saying that there aren't attractive women in Seattle, I'm just saying there seem to be fewer and are harder to find compared to every other city I've been to. And if you don't believe, here's a Seattle blog, along with comments, that seems to think the same

Why Girls Love Seattle? Part II - Seattle Life (http://seattle.rawsignal.com/blog/BlogPost.aspx?blogPostId=78306 - broken link)

Old 04-24-2010, 12:27 PM

593 posts, read 1,762,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxposure View Post
I'm not saying that there aren't attractive women in Seattle, I'm just saying there seem to be fewer and are harder to find compared to every other city I've been to. And if you don't believe, here's a Seattle blog, along with comments, that seems to think the same

Why Girls Love Seattle? Part II - Seattle Life (http://seattle.rawsignal.com/blog/BlogPost.aspx?blogPostId=78306 - broken link)
As the comments below show, this just isn't true.

There are many attractive girls in Seattle. I noticed that, compared to Chicago for instance, the girls in Seattle seemed a lot more fit. Yes, there are certain subcategories of girls who go out of their way not to dress like your typical attractive girl, but there are plenty of places where you can find sexy, fit women all over the place.

I went with a friend of mine visiting from DC to King's Hardware (a bar) in Ballard last weekend and he was commenting on how many beautiful women there were compared to DC.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroJimmy2 View Post
As the comments below show, this just isn't true.
Did you even bother to read all of the comments? A vast majority of them agreed with what the blogger wrote, which basically says a girl who is a 5 or 6 in any other city, is considered a 9 or 10 in Seattle! Even funnier, are the comments from the women there who saying the same thing about the men!

I have no problem with Seattle, I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Old 05-02-2010, 07:57 PM

6 posts, read 15,824 times
it doesn't get ridiculoulsy hot in san diego except near the desert. plus, no humidity here.

Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 PM
JTA

1 posts, read 1,683 times
Talking I have lived in Seattle for 10 years and spent time is SD..

I read this thread and I felt no choice but to pipe in. I have lived in Seattle (Queen Anne) now for 10 years and moved here to take a job over another in SD. Seattle is gray and rainy 10 months out of the year. It doent just rain, it drizzles the whole time, so those annual rainfall comparisons are useless. Oh and no weatherman here can't predict weather outside of a 12 hour window so you never know when the sun will peak out. So you are really going to have to be okay doing whatever it is you do, in the drizzle. It is the end of "Junuary" now as its called here, and it's still cloudy and cold. In July and August it drys up and doesn't rain at all. It DOES get up into the 80's and 90's and people freak out when it does. You will turn into a total heat wussy after living here a few years. If you head 5 miles east of the Seattle (Bellevue/Redmond) it easliy gets over 100 and hazy/polluted. Head a little further (especially Eastern Washington), its a desert and its 100+ degrees every day of Spring and Summer. And FYI, "Seattleits" wether they be native or posers like the clown in this forum, are often self-absorbed, anti-social nerds who cant see a foot past their own hand, but have no problem criticizing everyone and everything around them. They have personalities that are known as the "Seattle Freeze" and quite honestly, I have never met so A Holes in one city as I have living here. YOur list of freinds will be short and most will be transient (most of mine are actually from Cali). I am sure you will find enough evidence of this by doing a few simple google searches. And please note, there are bars in every city you go to, it is hardly a reason to move somewhere. SD's gaslamp is classy and nice and women are smokin hot. Pioneer Square and Belltown which is all Seattle has is totally Ghetto and people are getting shot and stabbed constantly. Read the news, we have had one or the other every weekend recently. I hope you like asian food (Thai restaurant on every corner). Forget about real BBQ, Mexican, Italian or Steak Houses, they dont exist here. The women who look like Peppermint Patty. World record population of pasty gingers here. I am dead serious. By a plan ticket and come see for yourself before you even think about moving here or at least sign onto match.com or something and compare photos. I have been all over the country, and hands down the ugliest women and largest population of single moms get dumped off here. I am getting back to my orignal plan of 10 years ago and racing to SD as fast as I can! Oh and just so you don't think I am just here to bash Seattle: The air here has got to be the cleanest I have ever breathed in my life. If you live North or South of Seattle and along the Puget Sound waterfront you will feel refreshed everytime you breath in. It is honestly unbelievable. I road bike a lot I am not sure how well I am going to adjust to the So Cal air. Not sure how that ranks on your priority list but it is noticably cleaner than SD and I cant even spend a day in LA. It is the one thing other than work and no employment tax that has kept me here so long. Oh and house prices are on par with SD. Hope this helps.

Last edited by JTA; 06-29-2010 at 02:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City