U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 09:03 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,203,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
what does Cleveland or Philly have to do with this thread???

Orlando also has the Orlando museum of art. B/w the art museums we have in town plus in our neighboring cities, that is more than enough for a guy like me. I like visiting them every once in a while but I'd rather be doing something fun instead of walking around a museum every day.
I mentioned them because the one "God forbid you speak of another city other than Orlando" poster bashed both Philly and Cleveland. Those are both two of some of the best art museums in the world, and we were talking about art museums weren't we? Thats why I mentioned it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 09:16 PM

4,181 posts, read 6,338,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
I mentioned them because the one "God forbid you speak of another city other than Orlando" poster bashed both Philly and Cleveland. Those are both two of some of the best art museums in the world, and we were talking about art museums weren't we? Thats why I mentioned it.
I can care less about a previous poster who broke the rules and got off topic. That doesn't grant you premission to get off topic too, does it? No, this thread is about Orlando vs. Nashville. Please stay on topic.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I can care less about a previous poster who broke the rules and got off topic. That doesn't grant you premission to get off topic too, does it? No, this thread is about Orlando vs. Nashville. Please stay on topic.
I didn't go off topic. Don't start with me too, because I will be more than glad to discuss this with you via Direct Message. It is getting annoying at this point. Really, it has been this way with all you Orlando posters in this thread. It really seems like you can't say anything other than "Orlando is the GREATEST, look out!"

We were talking about Art museums, and I said that I don't think Orlando's can compete with Philly or Cleveland. It wasn't off topic, I was talking about Orlando, and last I checked it was one of the cities that the thread is about.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beavercreek33 View Post
No doubt Orlando has some hidden gems.

But I honestly doubt it can compete with this:

Philly Art Museum
http://www.[blocked due to copyright reasons].com/north-...eum-of-art.jpg

Or this:

Cleveland Art Museum
http://i.pbase.com/u45/tileman533/up...idAve.view.jpg
As you can see, I mention how Orlando has some hidden gems, but their art museum cannot compete with the likes of the other two. Read the full posts people! Not hard.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:30 PM

4,181 posts, read 6,338,264 times
I'm not trying to start anything with you. This is a Orlando vs Nashville thread. There is no need to compare Orlandos museums to museums in any other city besides Nashville. That's how these threads work.

Anyways, Another reason why I pick Orlando is becauae Nashvilles summers are about as brutal as Orlandos. Nashvilles record high temps for the summer months are much higher than Orlandos record highs. In my opinion the spring and fall is paradise in Orlando and the winters are warm-cool (sometimes cold), dry and comfortable .

Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to start anything with you. This is a Orlando vs Nashville thread. There is no need to compare Orlandos museums to museums in any other city besides Nashville. That's how these threads work.

Anyways, Another reason why I pick Orlando is becauae Nashvilles summers are about as brutal as Orlandos. Nashvilles record high temps for the summer months are much higher than Orlandos record highs. The spring and fall is paradise and the winters are cool crisp and confortable .
Well thank you, if they could all see it like you.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 PM

10,180 posts, read 4,008,335 times
America's Favorite Cities, 2009 Most and Least Attractive People- Slide 9 - Slideshows - Travel + Leisure

Old 04-20-2010, 11:50 AM
Status: "Go big, or go back to Kissimmee!!" (set 4 days ago)

3,151 posts, read 2,745,748 times
Both cities are really fun, I like them both a lot. Being from and choosing to live in Orlando, I would give it the nod but it's strictly opinion as is any City vs. City forum, enjoy:

-Metro Pop: Orlando (population is not opinion but its effect on "better" is totally opinion)
-Public Transportation:Nashville.
-Sports: Neither, NFL for Nashville, NBA for Orlando.
-Entertainment: Orlando, unless you like country music then Nashville is the best!
-Nightlife: Orlando. More diversified nightlife and more of it.
-Natural Setting:Another huge toss up. I prefer lakes, and tropical vegetation so Orlando.
-Downtown: Orlando wins for me, but I really like Nashville's music scene that's incorporated into downtown. However, I prefer downtown Orlando's local vibe that has nothing to do with tourism, in Nashville, that's the first place the tour takes you.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:03 PM

13,154 posts, read 12,229,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
LOL, try 2,733,761 MSA.
I meant to say the combined Tampa bay area, Which in fact has reached 4million people.

Old 04-20-2010, 12:10 PM

13,154 posts, read 12,229,070 times
Quote:
Orlando is better than what some people on here are saying. I have been to Nashville (though its been years, I was only a kid) but I remember it, and I have researched it on the internet. Based on my personal preferences I like Orlando better.

Some people on here who claim they have been to orlando, but most likely have only been to the other Orlando AKA disney, universal, sea world, international drive, Orlando international airport, and maybe have drivin passed downtown on I-4. The actual city of Orlando and its surrounding communities has a lot to offer, more than any tourist knows, maybe unless they have family in the area.

Orlando is a bigger metro. It has a population of 2 million, Nashvilles metro has 1.5 million. When it comes to sprawl they're not much different. The reason why Nashvilles city population is 600,000 and Orlandos is 200,000 is because Nashvilles city limits cover about 500 sq miles of land where as Orlando covers about 90 sq miles of land. Nashvilles population density is 1,233 per sq mile and Orlandos population density is 2,282 per sq mile.

Also Orlando is about 45 mins to FLs east coast beaches, 1.5 hours from the west coast beaches (big difference in beaches, depending on what you want), 4 hours from Miami and a bit closer to ft luderdale, about 2 hours from st augustine (the oldest european settled city in the country). Metro Orlando is home to beatiful springs, rolling hills on its western side, all types of living (urban, suburban, rural) Great shopping (luxury stores, high end botiques, about every chain store you can imagine, and all types of specailty shops), great restarants selection (we get resturants that you normally wouldnt find in a metro our size due to the large tourist presenc), great night life in downtown orlando plus some night life in the theme parks (city walk, downtown disney, international drive).

Speaking of the attractions, we are one of the largest tourist destinations in the world, on top of the world class theme parks, the attractions area is filled dozens of smaller attractions, neat resturants, etc. This whole attractions area is set aside from the actual city of Orlando. Once you leave that area, the rest of the metro area is filled with locals like a regular metros. We don't have to deal with the annoying tourists unless we are in the tourist area.

Believe it or not Orlando does have arts and culture and established urban neighborhoods. also check out the city of winter park, about 4 miles north from the heart of downtown Orlando.

Orlando is also a mecco for outdoor recreational activites.

On top of that Orlando has a great NBA team. Games are always fun to go to, especially this time of year during the play offs.
Nice post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City