U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 01:14 PM

320 posts, read 321,641 times
I honestly think Helena + Pierre would blow New York out of its pathetic island.
Imagine that.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:18 PM

370 posts, read 48,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerio View Post
I honestly think Helena + Pierre would blow New York out of its pathetic island.
Imagine that.
Pffft! My bet is on Cheyenne + Fargo. NYC you next Tuesday only wishes it could compete with that Great Plains greatness.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:41 PM

320 posts, read 321,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandonlyLA View Post
Pffft! My bet is on Cheyenne + Fargo. NYC you next Tuesday only wishes it could compete with that Great Plains greatness.
I know, at least they have original names without adding New to it.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:44 PM

324 posts, read 364,729 times
Honestly, I don't really understand the question.

LA+Chicago combined is more important to the world, but I would still rather live in NYC.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:08 PM

6,256 posts, read 7,097,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Why? Who wants to live in a safe city like NYC? Boring.
Please tell me you're joking...pleeeassseeeeee

Anyways, I absolutely love Chicago...never been to LA, but I'm sure it would be a pretty cool spot...that said, I'd still rather be in New York.

As far as economic power goes...New York City would still be higher.

GDP

Chicangeles: $1,392.99B

New York City: $1,434B

Pretty effing ridiculous. New York is a titan...sometimes people don't realize just how far ahead of any other United States city it really is. Also note that money being managed by institutions like Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Citi, etc are not included in GDP...which is pretty ridiculous considering New York is the #1 finance city in the world with London.

@ theoneandonlyLA: Los Angeles is good, but in the future it still won't be on the same level as New York.

I kind of like the thought of comparing combined groups of cities...Bosdelphia, Houllas, Las Veonix, San Freattle, Chiwaukee, etc would add a whole new way of arguing the same thing we argue about every single day! More! More I say! ... seriously.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:19 PM

15,832 posts, read 18,409,895 times
We'll I'd go with Chicago and LA over NYC anyways.....even when they aren't combined. New York City may be large ,but it doesn't offer everything a person can want.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:26 PM

5,263 posts, read 7,165,148 times
By overall topography, LA-Chi wins.
By being a city itself, NYC is a more powerful city.

LA/Chi-- two of America's biggest gang cities. Any Idea what the violent crime rates that city would end up with?

Old 04-21-2010, 02:29 PM

324 posts, read 364,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
We'll I'd go with Chicago and LA over NYC anyways.....even when they aren't combined. New York City may be large ,but it doesn't offer everything a person can want.
Neither does LA or Chicago..........

Old 04-21-2010, 02:49 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,051,840 times
To be quite honest, the attitude in New York City turns me off. I should probably clarify and say the attitude in Manhattan turns me off. I know its a huge city but I just don't vibe well with the personalities there.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 PM

370 posts, read 48,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Please tell me you're joking...pleeeassseeeeee

Anyways, I absolutely love Chicago...never been to LA, but I'm sure it would be a pretty cool spot...that said, I'd still rather be in New York.

As far as economic power goes...New York City would still be higher.

GDP

Chicangeles: $1,392.99B

New York City: $1,434B

Pretty effing ridiculous. New York is a titan...sometimes people don't realize just how far ahead of any other United States city it really is. Also note that money being managed by institutions like Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Citi, etc are not included in GDP...which is pretty ridiculous considering New York is the #1 finance city in the world with London.

@ theoneandonlyLA: Los Angeles is good, but in the future it still won't be on the same level as New York.

I kind of like the thought of comparing combined groups of cities...Bosdelphia, Houllas, Las Veonix, San Freattle, Chiwaukee, etc would add a whole new way of arguing the same thing we argue about every single day! More! More I say! ... seriously.
I don't know...LA is really the future. NYC is the past. But, only time will tell. I don't think LA has that far to go in catching up with NYC. Maybe not financially/economically, but culturally and intellectually, I don't consider them too far apart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City