Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Hot Weather or Cold Weather
Hot 159 50.96%
Cold 153 49.04%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 03:46 AM

643 posts, read 1,017,947 times

Advertisements

I chose cold, I just dont care for many hot weather cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 10:11 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,708,082 times
I don't mind it either way its just I like it to vary. I would hate it always being hot or cold all the time. Without the variety it would get boring.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 AM

778 posts, read 997,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
I want weather of Houston, Miami, and Austin! 75-100 with "no snow and ice" affect even when it gets cold, I love hot everything. Hot chicks, hot food, hot coco, hot weather, hot water!

Then again my hometown is 90 degrees + all 12 months of the year with intense almost refreshing humidity (Singapore) and every place I've lived in (minus Chicago and Ann Arbor) can be classified as "hot, hot, HOT baby HOT" climate.

I cant do this sherpa living man, this "layering up" and seeing the muddy ice on the curbside, and the almost heart stopping icy breathe with the chills down the spine, bone chilling. No way!

This is how I am.

And im from Upstate NY, hahahahaha.

My brother lives in Hawaii though, and we have family in California.

I will always be an East Coast fella, but by far my favorite times of year here are the summer. I used to love Florida growing up, and still do weather wise.

Upstate NY literally is just gloom for at LEAST half the year. Winter is guaranteed no sun for 3-4 months. Spring is cloudy and rainy and so is Fall. Its not worth it for 3/12 months to have great weather. Not by a long shot.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:34 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,003,171 times
nice Mediterranean climate in Southern California. Never too hot, never too cold... just right.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:35 PM

45 posts, read 136,198 times
SoCal and Florida baby

Old 03-09-2013, 05:01 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
valentro if you aren't coping well with DC winter I can't imagine you in a Chicago winter. it's significantly colder, snowier and lasts a couple months longer of cold weather. better stick to Chicago in the summers. I'm pretty sick of cold weather myself and could use somewhere with somewhat milder winters but it does'nt have to be Miami hot.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:05 PM

6,843 posts, read 10,956,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
valentro if you aren't coping well with DC winter I can't imagine you in a Chicago winter. it's significantly colder, snowier and lasts a couple months longer of cold weather. better stick to Chicago in the summers. I'm pretty sick of cold weather myself and could use somewhere with somewhat milder winters but it does'nt have to be Miami hot.
Yeahhh only reason I put up with cold weather is because some interesting cities are located in the frostbelt (real US region, for real) otherwise forget this. New York specifically, if I lived there my plan would be to be outdoors 8 months of the year, for the cold 4 months just stay indoors as much as possible and use the cab for long hauls (because trains feel like fast moving ice boxes in winter). Same goes for Chicago and Toronto, another amazing city (or cities) worth living in.

Some people tell me this is one of the grossest winters ever in the Washington area, ohhh how lucky I am, to be spending my first winter in over a decade in this mess of a weather.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:13 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valentro View Post
Yeahhh only reason I put up with cold weather is because some interesting cities are located in the frostbelt (real US region, for real) otherwise forget this. New York specifically, if I lived there my plan would be to be outdoors 8 months of the year, for the cold 4 months just stay indoors as much as possible and use the cab for long hauls (because trains feel like fast moving ice boxes in winter). Same goes for Chicago, another amazing city worth living. Due to this winter, I'm permanently crossing Boston off my list of "livable" for the size of the city, location, and whatever, it's not worth it for me.

Some people tell me this is one of the grossest winters ever in the Washington area, ohhh how lucky I am, to be spending my first winter in over a decade in this mess of a weather.
oh if I were not in a major city it wouldn't even be a question.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:21 AM

367 posts, read 996,063 times
I like it Caliente! (spanish for hot).......I cant stand the cold.. Heat May be humid and annoying. but at least it doesnt hurt like the cold. The cold nips at your ears. Freezes your face makes makes your fingertips numb cuts off circulation to yours toes...makes me shiver and ache..

Oh i jus hate winter lol...And I live in the South lol. Where I stay it gets down to 20 and 30 degrees sometime and I cant even take that.

I hear in Minnesota etc it gets below freezing...aint no way I ll live up there. I loooove Chicago if it was caliente and in the South I d move there in a heartbeat..bit since its so cold i couldnt do it..

Ill take Houston Phoenix Miami Dallas Memphis any day no matter how hot over freezebox towns like boston philly indianapolis minneapolis detroit

Old 03-10-2013, 12:13 PM

993 posts, read 1,766,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTime View Post
I like it Caliente! (spanish for hot).......I cant stand the cold.. Heat May be humid and annoying. but at least it doesnt hurt like the cold. The cold nips at your ears. Freezes your face makes makes your fingertips numb cuts off circulation to yours toes...makes me shiver and ache..

Oh i jus hate winter lol...And I live in the South lol. Where I stay it gets down to 20 and 30 degrees sometime and I cant even take that.

I hear in Minnesota etc it gets below freezing...aint no way I ll live up there. I loooove Chicago if it was caliente and in the South I d move there in a heartbeat..bit since its so cold i couldnt do it..

Ill take Houston Phoenix Miami Dallas Memphis any day no matter how hot over freezebox towns like boston philly indianapolis minneapolis detroit
LOL the average high three months of the year is below freezing in Minneapolis. The cold really is not that bad though. You just have to prepare for it. If you go outside wearing shorts in January on a day when you have -30F windchill, you are going to freeze and be miserable (possibly even get frostbite). If you just wear a few more layers and cover most of your exposed skin, it really is not that bad! You can only take so many layers off though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City