Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Dallas or Atlanta
Atlanta 108 41.06%
Dallas 125 47.53%
Miami, just kidding 30 11.41%
Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 12:05 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,034,220 times

Advertisements

I like how there's a definite resolution between Dallas Vs. Atlanta threads, and common grounds for locals of both cities to agree on.

In all of the Houston/Atlanta ones, it seems to go on, and scatter to such irrelevant topics that it takes pages to clarify things, and it still doesn't end.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:06 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,248,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthmoreAve View Post
AND back to Dallas VS Atlanta

Lets not bring Houston into this, reguardless of who brought it up first.
Because we'd know who would win that argument.
No, if anything, it would turn into another argument. 150 pages worth.

But you are right, let's just stick to Atlanta vs. DFW. There are more than enough threads dedicated to Dallas vs. Houston or Atlanta vs. Houston out there.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:07 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I like how there's a definite resolution between Dallas Vs. Atlanta threads, and common grounds for locals of both cities to agree on.

In all of the Houston/Atlanta ones, it seems to go on, and scatter to such irrelevant topics that it takes pages to clarify things, and it still doesn't end.

Maybe you should have put the POll like this

Dallas

Atlanta

or Both

Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,034,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Maybe you should have put the POll like this

Dallas

Atlanta

or Both
I never expected there to be a "no conflict" theme to an Atlanta and Dallas thread, so as a comic relief I put Miami because I thought, "both/neither" would offend the locals of each city lol.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
LOL! I've heard of that place from several friends that commute to Dallas often.

You better watch yourself, chum bucket!

In all seriousness for a moment, I honestly think that the high amount of business done between DFW & Atlanta may have something to do with the "comfort factor" that seems to exist between the two places.

I have no proof of this, but my gut feeling is that the business ties between Atlanta & DFW are a little stonger than between Atlanta & Houston
That wouldn't surprise me at all. The similarities regarding the economy of each are there. However, I don't know off hand if there are Dallas based companies that have strong ties to Atlanta or vice-versa.

Except for AT&T (Main corporate is in Dallas, AT&T Mobility is headquartered here in Atlanta) or Delta - I remember when Delta had a major hub at DFW until the mid-2000's. I wonder if there are a lot of SkyMiles holdovers in DFW or Delta employees that still live in there area that fly non-rev to the HQ in Atlanta.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:24 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,026 times
Quote:
In all seriousness for a moment, I honestly think that the high amount of business done between DFW & Atlanta may have something to do with the "comfort factor" that seems to exist between the two places.

I have no proof of this, but my gut feeling is that the business ties between Atlanta & DFW are a little stonger than between Atlanta & Houston.
I agree with this 110%...DFW and Atlanta are very similar in many ways besides business ties. They also do seem to be in the national spotlight more than many other places. Can't fault either for great PR...

Old 04-27-2010, 12:27 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
That wouldn't surprise me at all. The similarities regarding the economy of each are there. However, I don't know off hand if there are Dallas based companies that have strong ties to Atlanta or vice-versa.

Except for AT&T (Main corporate is in Dallas, AT&T Mobility is headquartered here in Atlanta) or Delta - I remember when Delta had a major hub at DFW until the mid-2000's. I wonder if there are a lot of SkyMiles holdovers in DFW or Delta employees that still live in there area that fly non-rev to the HQ in Atlanta.
Great points! Several of my friends work for AT&T, and go back and forth constantly. I know there is a lot of Federal traffic back & forth too.

I'm betting that there are still quite a few SkyMiles members there - the hub was pretty big, and was there for years. Would love to see some reliable figures.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:28 PM

13,791 posts, read 8,153,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
I remember when Delta had a major hub at DFW until the mid-2000's. I wonder if there are a lot of SkyMiles holdovers in DFW or Delta employees that still live in there area that fly non-rev to the HQ in Atlanta.
Many commuters from DFW to Atlanta..I work for another major airline but many friends worked for Delta out of DFW. Pretty much all of them commute to Atlanta..some quit, of course, but many still commute to their base.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Great points! Several of my friends work for AT&T, and go back and forth constantly. I know there is a lot of Federal traffic back & forth too.

I'm betting that there are still quite a few SkyMiles members there - the hub was pretty big, and was there for years. Would love to see some reliable figures.

I heard that at one time, DFW was Delta's second-largest hub. The hub was sacrificed due to Delta attempting to avoid bankruptcy at the time.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 940 View Post
Many commuters from DFW to Atlanta..I work for another major airline but many friends worked for Delta out of DFW. Pretty much all of them commute to Atlanta..some quit, of course, but many still commute to their base.
Very true (I'm in the industry too).

I predict that when the Wright Amendment expires, there will be plenty of daily flights between Dallas Love & Hartsfield.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City