Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 03:40 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,721,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Not 2003. Raekwon and hov dropped the two best albums of 2009. The last big hip hop smash was a song about new york. Fab,cam and vado are killing it. Along with jada. And nobody north or south is selling records. So how exactly is the south running things.

And again....where does Bodymore-(lol)- factor in to all of this?
I don't claim to know everything about Rap.R&B/hip hop is more my flavor.But I know if I did not know anything and I just looked at the top 100 hip hop songs right now(and over the last 10 years).MORE than half the artist are from the South.The Top 50 is dominated by the likes of T.I.,Ludacris,B.O.B.,Lil Wayne,Usher, Deuce Poppi,Ciara,Young Money,Yung Jeezy,Gucci Mane,Timberland,So you tell me who would appear who is running what?

Also I do listen to the radio to know that Fab,(Cameron?)(,Vado?) are not that big in other areas of the country like they are in New York(Northeast)>but Southern artist are every where(Regardless if its good or not).

Last edited by afonega1; 05-14-2010 at 04:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 05:12 AM

220 posts, read 701,879 times
man get the bmore club **** outta here.

Time to post some GoGo I suppose, DC all day. SOME VIDEO MAY CONTAIN LANGUAGE.

This first song ain't GoGo but its tuff

Some GoGo:

This is about how long line be a GoGo every weekend believe that!!

Functions stay packed!!

Last edited by DCnative1990; 05-14-2010 at 05:25 AM..

Old 05-14-2010, 09:45 AM

3,003 posts, read 6,067,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I don't claim to know everything about Rap.R&B/hip hop is more my flavor.But I know if I did not know anything and I just looked at the top 100 hip hop songs right now(and over the last 10 years).MORE than half the artist are from the South.The Top 50 is dominated by the likes of T.I.,Ludacris,B.O.B.,Lil Wayne,Usher, Deuce Poppi,Ciara,Young Money,Yung Jeezy,Gucci Mane,Timberland,So you tell me who would appear who is running what?

Also I do listen to the radio to know that Fab,(Cameron?)(,Vado?) are not that big in other areas of the country like they are in New York(Northeast)>but Southern artist are every where(Regardless if its good or not).
Theres no disputing the fact that the south is in the mainstream heavy. Ya have the baton right now, ya supposed to be on the radio. But with all your radio play, ya still producing bullsh.t music and ya still not selling records.

For instance...atleast when the west had it they made good music and crafted classic albums-Doggystyle,the chronic etc. The south is not doing that. Im not hating im just saying

Old 05-14-2010, 10:42 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,049,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Theres no disputing the fact that the south is in the mainstream heavy. Ya have the baton right now, ya supposed to be on the radio. But with all your radio play, ya still producing bullsh.t music and ya still not selling records.

For instance...atleast when the west had it they made good music and crafted classic albums-Doggystyle,the chronic etc. The south is not doing that. Im not hating im just saying
The south has put out lots of great music. I don't know why everyone associates the south as one when in reality the only cities putting out crap loads of BS is Atlanta, Dallas and to a lesser extent, Miami. Houston rarely has anyone putting out music mainstream wise.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:52 AM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,696,241 times
if houston was on tho the south would be known for substance as well IMHO.

on topic, its still nyc as the best dressed regardless of region.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:56 AM

492 posts, read 1,021,606 times
This Regional beef mess in hip hop is really played out. A lot of it started with NY heads and that elitist attitude they can have at times, but I think they have been humbled over the years that they have had to take a back seat and realize the country doesnt revolve around NY music. But it seems like everyone is starting to collaborate more and reach out to all regions. Should be good for the future of the art.

But the South has been running things no matter how you slice and dice it. Rap is nothing but Dboy/Trap rap now and thats all south.

Old 05-14-2010, 10:57 AM

492 posts, read 1,021,606 times
But best dressed cities are:

DC
NY
ATL
LA

Old 05-14-2010, 11:54 AM

20,501 posts, read 33,328,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
This Regional beef mess in hip hop is really played out. A lot of it started with NY heads and that elitist attitude they can have at times, but I think they have been humbled over the years that they have had to take a back seat and realize the country doesnt revolve around NY music. But it seems like everyone is starting to collaborate more and reach out to all regions. Should be good for the future of the art.

But the South has been running things no matter how you slice and dice it. Rap is nothing but Dboy/Trap rap now and thats all south.
Did NY heads really hate on other regions like that to begin with or did the media portray them to be that way. Vibe is the one who escalated the east coast west coast beef in the 90s.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:05 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,170,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
But best dressed cities are:

DC
NY
ATL
LA
Lol are you serious, in atl they still be wearing white t's that go down to people knee caps lmao. I would put philly ahead of atl and dc imo

Old 05-14-2010, 01:07 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,384,734 times
Boston will NEVER make the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City