U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-08-2010, 03:01 PM

2,233 posts, read 2,308,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
No lie, the Miami Vice dudes used to be fly.

80's swag .
used to be?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 04:39 PM

3,732 posts, read 4,474,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
used to be?
I said used to be because those pictures are from the 80's. They will always be fly in my book though .

Old 06-08-2010, 05:29 PM

1,771 posts, read 1,920,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I said used to be because those pictures are from the 80's. They will always be fly in my book though .
I agree

Old 06-18-2010, 12:45 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,055 posts, read 2,378,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
thats all you had to say, tho.

and we do dress better, overall, than the rest of the country. it is what it is.

los angeles, san francisco...chicago, dc...they dress good too. not necessarily on the level of ny but they are in the top of the food chain in the u.s.

lmao just seeing this but wow NYers really get tight about people not agreeing you all dress great! lmao in no way was I offensive in my post gave my opinion. That is all

Old 06-18-2010, 08:39 AM
eek

3,576 posts, read 4,236,061 times
i didn't say you were offensive but if you haven't been to ny then you don't have an opinion on how we dress.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:31 PM

For Me: Jordans & Fitteds are mandatory. cant wait till the black&Red Air Jordan 13's to come back out. and the 10's were a gift from Heaven.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:43 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 4,236,061 times
speaking on that...

2011 should be insane. cement III's, bordeaux VII's, possibly cement IV's, possibly concord XI's and columbia XI's, possibly grape V's and laney V's, etc.

oh yeah, and possibly chicago X's. oh and true blue III's dropping in the states this time.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:58 PM

Damn i meant the 11's were a gift from heaven. I just bought the 9's friday. I wasnt feelin to 10's too much.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
speaking on that...

2011 should be insane. cement III's, bordeaux VII's, possibly cement IV's, possibly concord XI's and , possibly grape V's and laney V's, etc.

oh yeah, and possibly chicago X's. oh and true blue III's dropping in the states this time.
I might have to take a trip to NY for the concorde 11's. I've seen a few with fake jordans too..smh. Thats why they only paid $70 for em..lol

YouTube - THE DIFERENCE BETWEEN FAKE AND REAL JORDANS

dont be a victim.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:09 PM

1,363 posts, read 1,816,779 times
In my opinion, New York, San Francisco and DC are the best dressed cities. I say this because in all of these cities there is a great sense of individualism in everybody's style. Yeah, you have trends in all of these cities, but not everyone dresses the same at all. Cities that have no real style have uniforms or swaths of people in outdated frumpy clothes. Baltimore has too much of a uniform to be a fashionable city. Every kid from the hood in Baltimore looks like the mannequin from the American Eagle window with a pair of matching New Balance 992's.

However, all cities have good and bad local trends and signature looks. I'll even break down the terrible trends for the most fashionable cities I listed:

1.) D.C.- When I first moved to the Baltimore/DC Area back in the 90's, D.C./PG hood dudes were rocking slouch socks to their knees with cut off jean shorts with sleeveless t-shirts and t-shirts with hoods attached. They also wore clothes from tacky nationally unknown local brands like Da Link Went, All Daz, We R One, Shooters and HOBO (Helping Our Brothers Out). Cheap looking glue and sparkly lettered snap back hats were also popluar back then in the D.C. area along with t-shirts featuring Warner Brothers characters. They also used to wear the ugliest Nikes that looked like moonboots:

Nike Flightposite 3 III Kevin Garnett, Flightposite III basketball shoes, Nike Flightposite 3 III

The hood crowd in D.C. definitely has stepped it up in recent years though. Wale is one of the best dressed rappers out for his style. And Wale is a good representation of the average well dressed nouveau urban style cat in D.C. His sneaker game is ridiculous.

Capital Kicks: Wale’s Greatest Footwear Moments | Complex Blog

Conservative White folks in D.C. sometimes dress very tacky. During the springtime in Georgetown can be a fashion trainwreck with Ivy League/Old money looking White folks wearing bright lime green blazers or chinos paired with bright pink oxfords. Some of these people wear the worst Ralph Lauren and J. Crew pieces.

2.) San Francisco- The hood crowd in San Francisco can be very much behind the times in terms of urban fashion. Many hood dudes in SF and the Bay Area still wear tall tees and super baggy Girbaud shuttle jeans with the straps. They stopped wearing those things on the East Coast in 2002-2003. Also, the hood in SF has always embraced weird hairstyle/folicle trends like all types of shags, mullets, mongolians, rat tails and braided/platted up beards.

Also, because the weather in SF stays roughly between 50-75 degrees during the year, some people wear the same clothes day in day out all year long.

3.) NYC- As some folks have previously stated on here, some New Yorkers in the hood are stuck in the 90's. They will always wear Yankee fitteds with regular 6" tan Timbs all year round. And I've seen a lot of New York dudes even rock leather Yankee fitteds on 80-90 degree days in June and July. A lot of hood folks in NYC still rock excessively baggy jeans and old leather Avirexes from the 90's and early 2000's too (not the new Pelle Pelle's that come out every year either). I've seen some people in Brooklyn still wearing 90's brands like Phat Farm and Mecca USA this year.

On the flip side, some people are way too out there with experimental fashion in New York and end up looking like complete tools. Although there are some of the most fashionable people in the world in NYC, the city is undeniably a prime breeding ground of try-to-hard epic failure in fashion trendsetting. I know NYC is the city of diversity, but some of these outfits are just way too over the top:

This one is beyond words. Exercise caution when looking at the outfit in this link:

Street Detail: Dunny In The Bank | Complex Blog

Street Detail: Elijah in SoHo | Complex Blog

Street Detail: Aerol at Union Square | Complex Blog

Street Detail: William in Nolita | Complex Blog

Street Detail: Marc on Spring Street | Complex Blog

Street Detail: Kelian on Prince Street | Complex Blog

Street Detail: Harem Shaker | Complex Blog

Street Detail: Woolrich Boy | Complex Blog

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2009/06...-shirt-turban/

http://www.complex.com/blogs/2008/09...etail-i-robot/

Last edited by goldenchild08; 09-30-2010 at 10:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City