Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 12:26 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
This Regional beef mess in hip hop is really played out. A lot of it started with NY heads and that elitist attitude they can have at times, but I think they have been humbled over the years that they have had to take a back seat and realize the country doesnt revolve around NY music. But it seems like everyone is starting to collaborate more and reach out to all regions. Should be good for the future of the art.

But the South has been running things no matter how you slice and dice it. Rap is nothing but Dboy/Trap rap now and thats all south.
Maybe in the south its all trap music. The northeast has its own paticular style that it listens too.

New york is just waiting for someone official to represent the city correctly thats all. Chicken noodle soup was a lil kid movement, in the south u have grown men making that kind of music and in large quantities
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 12:28 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,090,369 times
And let me make the most accurate list yet

1.NY
2.la
3.DC
4.Philly
5.ATL
6.San francisco

Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,100,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
As much as dudes from Atlanta like to brag about how "Atlanta is owning rap music right now" half of these ATL rappers suck...matter fact more than half..
Atlanta have rappers for diffrent audiences, some people like the club stuff some people like lyrical rappers.

Andre 3000
Big boi
Cee-lo
Big Gipp
Killa Mike
TI
Young Dro
Ludacris
1-20
Stat quo
BOB
Jody Breeze
and etc are just a few of the lyrical artist from ATL that list is already more than most cities in current hiphop. If you feel any of the artists I post are not lyrical just ask me to post lyrics, I even will post more artists. See there's so many artists from Atlanta is hard keep track, but what haters like do is keep track of artists they don't like. Mean while in anyway you can flip it Atlanta actually has one of the highiest concentration of lyrical artists but of course haters like to view the world half empty.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:35 PM

902 posts, read 2,787,331 times
For all of you DC cats out there, check out this Bay Area-Oakland and DC collab. Video and song starts about 30 seconds in....

YouTube - YUKMOUTH - BACK IN DC " DC 2 DA BAY"

Old 05-14-2010, 01:12 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,183,607 times
New York
Los Angeles
Miami
Chicago
San Francisco
Atlanta

I mean c'mon be honest, if were talking about cities as a whole, this would be my list...

Old 05-14-2010, 01:18 PM

914 posts, read 1,806,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkspice23 View Post
northeast = nyc and dc

south= atlanta and houston

west= la

midwest= chicago

boston.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:20 PM

LOL why are people sleeping on Miami so much? Miami is one of the best dressed cities in the country. Real talk, let's get out of the hood for a minute and compare say a place like Atlanta and Miami. If you compare the wealthy folks of Atlanta to the wealthy folks of Miami, Miami shyts on Atlanta...

Old 05-14-2010, 01:21 PM

220 posts, read 703,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Lol are you serious, in atl they still be wearing white t's that go down to people knee caps lmao. I would put philly ahead of atl and dc imo
hatin

Old 05-14-2010, 01:22 PM

Two of the most slept on cities on this specific thread = Chicago & Miami...people don't realize it.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:24 PM

220 posts, read 703,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Two of the most slept on cities on this specific thread = Chicago & Miami...people don't realize it.
Miami dress like Cali and Chicago dress like a mix of NY and Detroit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City